It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Title Says: Gun-control frenzy returns to D.C. with mandatory $250K liability insurance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

On Thursday, the D.C. Council will hold a hearing on a bill proposed by Mary M. Cheh to require gun owners to buy liability insurance. The legislation, introduced in March, would force potential gun owners to get a policy of at least $250,000 before the city would consider their applications to register a firearm.

Read more: www.washingtontimes.com... Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

The kicker of this scheme is that the gun owner would be assumed liable under the law for a lost or stolen gun unless it was reported to the police. So a bad guy can break into my home, take my gun, shoot a bunch of people before I get home — and I’m financially liable.

We see threads where some of the posters say they are not coming after your guns.

TPTB realize they will most likely not be successful if it were an outright gun grab without unwanted consequences..So a little back door under the radar should be much more effective.

With the Ammo shortages, which some believe is a direct consequence of the government buying massive amounts of various calibers; even causing some police departments to run low on their carry-out load is it a wonder why some ask, "what is going on"?

Now with the D.C. proposal for gun owner insurance and some of the other things being proposed all I can say is, "it ain't over til it's over".

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I think we all know what will become of this bill. I think that Gandalph probably says it the best:

join