It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes to repeal ObamaCare in 229-125 vote

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is largely a symbolic move by the house since they know it will die in te senate. I do appreciate that they have not stopped fighting this. This healthcare reform has turned into a huge handout to health care insurance corporations by forcing people to purchase their services or face a "tax". Since it is usually those at the low end of middle clas or the poor that cannot afford health care insurance, it is obvious who this new "tax" targets. Of course the federal government will subsidize the poor to help them pay for their new mandated purchase, so more tax dollars to the corporations. That is the free market at work folks, buy what we tell you when we tell you or else.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wish we would go to socialized medicine in this country. Even the doctors I know agree that it may be better. It is the big Pharma that is against this, they have the most to lose. More nurses and medical professionals are against it than doctors, they think it jeopardizes their jobs. It doesn't, the health of this nation is so poor that it will take twenty years to get back on track. In that time we can bring back the manufacturing jobs, making things we actually need.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
Like a dog playing tug a war, they won't quit. Thank God. I'm all for helping those that can't help themselves, but this Health care Act is a abomination. It hurts more than helps.

www.foxnews.com...

The Republican led house has voted, for the 37th time, to repeal President Obama’s health care law, even though GOP lawmakers know the Senate will not follow suit.

so miss Informed you are. This Obama care is and will be disaster. This was not the right way to lower cost by forcing everyone who is breathing to pay a fee by force. Everything the government touches dies a slow and painful death. Look at the VA hospitals, that’s our future, long lines and death panels. God help you if you are a member of the opposing party in power at the time. You might find yourself in the “longer” lone for treatment.

What needed to be down was to open the state boarders for competition. Pass rules so people can see cost and know prices of treatments before there done ( if it’s not life threating).

What your blindly cheering for is the raping of American checkbooks and big pharma becoming even BIGGER.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moshpet
It's the Law and a lot of people need it.

The House is just wasting our money when they should be working on jobs.
If it was created by a Republican, there would be songs of praise everywhere.
It wasn't and since it would help people, we get this crap.

More political theater, and no jobs.

M.

It may be a "LAW", but it's an unconstitutional one! According to Marbury vs. Madison, all laws repugnant to the Constitution are NULL AND VOID!

I'd also like to know who the dingbat is who came up with this stupid idea: I don't know if it's nationwide, statewide or just in my town...but no matter how many canisters of oxygen one uses, each customer is charged the same price!! Nothing else is it like that!! If I buy 2 grapefruits at the store, I am charged for 2 grapefruits. If I buy 4 blouses, I am charged for 4 blouses! I resent it! Nothing is free and somebody is paying somewhere--like those who only use a few canisters!! I do not want to pay for things I do not use and don't think I should have to pay for things I do not use!! I sent my canisters back and will not use them again until I just am so far gone that I have no choice. (I have a disease that I do not want to discuss right now.)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
You do realize that every time an uninsured person walks into a hospital and skips out of the bill the hospital claims it as a tax loss? When hospitals claim massive losses due to non-payment, they get tax credit, and guess what... we are paying for out of our taxes. To make sure everyone is insured this is eliminated and therefore we are paying LESS in taxes for these losses.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Who's cheering?
Please reread the OP.

I don't want them to quit trying to repeal this act. It needs to be flushed down the tiolet. 2014 could be a good year in finally getting rid of it.

But then again, the way this admin is failing at the moment, maybe the majority of both houses will finally wake up. *POOF!* HCA gone.

edit on 17-5-2013 by TDawgRex because: still waking up from my nap

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Elections have consequences! This is a waste of time and money taking meaningless votes.
The american people voted for Obamacare when they reelected obama.

They rejected the 80 year old gimmick backed by Alex jones, stormfront and conspiracy theorists..
They rejected the rich guy who doesn't care about half of america.
They rejected the many teabagg...I mean tea party candidates.

They haven't gotten the message.
2014 will be interesting.

They ignored what 90 percent of the american people wanted done, in favor of catering to the NRA, and a bunch of gun nuts.

All while attempting and failing to politicize benghazi.
2014 will be a disaster for them
edit on 18-5-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2013 by Blahable because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I'll tell you what...you're on a roll lately

I must agree, the Health Care Act does need to be repealed. As someone who voted for Obama, once (now, incredibly sorry I did) I actually thought that it would help out others less fortunate...make health care affordable and reduce the cost on healthcare overall. Boy, was I wrong and I'm sorry I gave him my 2008 vote!

As someone who paid a higher premium (hypo-thyroid, but now I am on alternative therapy) I paid $147.00 a month just for myself prior to Obama's health care thingy. The prior premium included dental, vision and life insurance thru Blue Shield of California, now last I checked with the same insurance company....the same plan for myself is something like $550.00 a month and that's without the add ons

Obama, has let so many Americans down...so many people believed in him and thought that he would actually change "some things", but he hasn't changed a damed thing!

Okay, enough of the personal rant, but I must declare my personal disdain for our current President...what a waste of everyone's (Americans) time and energy, how repulsive

Great thread by the way

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join