It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard "Dick" Trickle dead from self-inflicted gunshot wound.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Retired racecar driver Richard "Dick" Trickle, 71, died Thursday from an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to Lincoln County officials. The shooting occurred at 12:02 p.m. at Forest Lawn Cemetery on Highway 150 East in Boger City.

Source

A sad day for any race fans. A favorite driver by many, I wonder why he did this. Perhaps someone he was close to was buried at this cemetery?

Dick Trickle died May 16, 2013 from an apparent self-inflicted gun shot wound. The incident occurred at 12:02 at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Boger City, NC. The Lincoln County Communications Center received a call apparently from the victim that "there would be a dead body and it would be his."

Found this on Wiki, which was taken from a sportswriter's facebook.
Wiki
Facebook Post

edit on 16-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Maybe he was just looking for a quick exit to the world...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Oh dear. Someone better tell LLS Ferguson, he comes up in every other monologue.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I always feel really sad when I hear about someone committing suicide; because right around the corner could be something to help them in their life. Now...all his chances are gone.

From what I have read...during his life he accomplished a lot; and every now and then would do an occasional race. To me he had a lot going for him. I just wonder why he did it? I suppose we may never know.

edit on 16-5-2013 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by Havox

I just wonder why he did it? I suppose we may never know. I always feel really sad when I hear about someone committing suicide; because right around the corner could be something to help them in their life. Now...all his chances are gone.

He apparently called to report his own body before he killed himself, perhaps he left a note somewhere or talked to a family member that can give some more information. Guess we'll just have to wait.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

That's a damned shame. I remember going to a speedway in South Australia years ago when Dick came over from the US with several other "Outlaw" short track drivers (including Steve Kinser) to tour tracks around the country. The man was really something and I can tell you he was just as big a favourite with the Aussie speedway fans as in the US.

RIP, Dick. You were the best.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He was a character! (and still is .. someplace .... ).
He will be remembered fondly by a lot of people.
Family and friends and fans and others ....

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Was it a female grave or a male grave?

Could have been because of his love he lost?
Could have been because of a best friend in racing?
Could have been one of his children?

Whose grave was he at?

My condolences.

If my dad passed away, I would probably do the same thing.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Found out that he apparently had a medical issue which caused him severe pain, and the doctors had not been able to treat it.

Las Vegas resident Chuck Trickle, Dick’s brother, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal that Dick had constant pain in his left breast, which doctors were never able to treat. The Trickle brothers last spoke about a week ago. “He was very down,” Chuck Trickle told the newspaper. “He more or less said he didn’t know how much longer he could take the pain.”

Also, his granddaughter was buried at the cemetery.

Chuck Trickle’s son Chris was shot in the head in February 1997 while going to play tennis with a friend in Las Vegas. Chris never recovered and died in March 1998. His shooting remains unsolved. In August 2001, Dick Trickle’s 16-year-old granddaughter, Nicole Ann Bowman of Iron City, N.C., perished in a car accident on the way home from volleyball practice. She is buried in Forest Lawn Cemetery, where Trickle apparently committed suicide Thursday.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Havox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well that was weird..

Anyways, without posting the link, I read that he had a medical issue that caused him pain for a while now, and that his granddaughter was buried at the cemetery.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Havox

I wonder why he did this

Because his name was "Dick Trickle"? Sorry, couldn't resist....

Seriously, that's the name he went by??? I'm a horrible person. I am so going to hell, but still...c'mon, seriously? I wonder, can I warn myself?

edit on 17-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Havox

I wonder why he did this

Because his name was "Dick Trickle"? Sorry, couldn't resist....

Seriously, that's the name he went by??? I'm a horrible person. I am so going to hell, but still...c'mon, seriously? I wonder, can I warn myself?

edit on 17-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

A man can only handle so many urinary incontinence jokes before he snaps. I also heard it was because his sponsor pulled out - it was a new erectile dysfunction drug called Mycoxafloppin.

See you in hell.

new topics

top topics

join