It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis urges global leaders to end 'tyranny' of money!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

Countdown until the moneychangers/banksters make sure he has a accident/is murdered/dies from 'natural' causes (wink wink)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Sounds good now but still refuse the mark if he promotes oh say...Getting chipped in the hand or forehead in lieu of using money.

Just sayin'

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
skeptical people forget what happened to the last pope who openly tried to change the finances of the vatican, he made it 30 days in office before dropping dead of a "heart attack". the body was embalmed quickly, erasing the ability to get evidence.

i'll give him a chance before i hate on him.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

This is very interesting. This Pope is spreading the True Word, unlike the many Christian factions in the United States. In fact, one prominent conservative friend of mine in Washington D.C. commented on my Facebook post on this about how the free market would benefit growing nations.

If I remember the prophecies about the popes correctly, Francis will be the last real pope, here to give us final guidance before the "end times" and the "anti-pope. Either him or his successor will end his reign surrounded by the blood of bishops, I believe.
edit on 16-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
skeptical people forget what happened to the last pope who openly tried to change the finances of the vatican, he made it 30 days in office before dropping dead of a "heart attack". the body was embalmed quickly, erasing the ability to get evidence.

i'll give him a chance before i hate on him.

And I still wonder today if Cardinal Siri was the last legitimate pontiff.
The Smoke is in and the Jury is still out; with nobody knocking on that
door even today. Except you lately Bob

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There is another article concerning this speech, gives more information.
It is interesting to note things that even the news from the edge left out.
Take time to see and read it.

www.uscatholic.org... lls-global-ethical-finance-reform-end-cult-money-27325

Ethical principles and policies of solidarity are "often considered counterproductive, opposed to the logic of finance and economy," he said.

"Ethics, like solidarity, is a nuisance" and so they are rejected along with God, he added.
edit on 16-5-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

In his 10-minute scripted speech to new ambassadors, the pope highlighted the root causes of today's economic and social troubles, pointing to policies and actions that stem from a "gravely deficient human perspective, which reduces man to one of his needs alone, namely, consumption."

"We have begun this culture of disposal," he said, where "human beings themselves are nowadays considered as consumer goods which can be used and thrown away."
edit on 16-5-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Pegging the hypocrisy meter there a bit, aren't we?

The Vatican owns 25 percent of the world's gold bullion...

More gold than all world governments combined in fact.( Source )

The Vatican solid gold bullion worth billions, is stored with the Rothschild controlled Bank of England and the US Federal Reserve Bank.

servantofthelight.com...

That could be the answer right there. Maybe they have figured out there is no gold. If they no longer have it it needs to be changed so they can get it once again.

Then again maybe Francis really is the change the church needed. As a former catholic it is hard to argue with what he has done so far. Jesus would have ripped these extravagant churches to pieces. That is if he actually did ever exist. Either way, his message was good but it has been perverted by all the churches.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Well good luck getting your Gold back from the Fed and Bank of England .The Globalist Jews most likely have absconded with it . Germany , Venezuela and others can't get their gold back .

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What does he suggest as a "medium of exchange and a measure and store of value" then?
Manna for Mammon??

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid, tothetenthpower, and others

Gentlemen,
Just to touch on the topic of the thread, here is a good article with a link to the speech:
www.zenit.org...
It seems bold, Catholic, hopeful, and taken in it's whole, non-threatening to normal people. After all, he's calling for a change of heart in people and politicians.

There is something more disturbing in this thread, however. The idea that the Vatican is sitting on bazillions of tons of gold, owns about all the land there is, and has 2 million slaves. (Ok, exaggerated for effect.) Please, if you believe this, recheck the sources of your information.

For example, Murgatroid's first source which leads hin to say

The Vatican owns 25 percent of the world's gold bullion...More gold than all world governments combined in fact
refers to a speaker in the English parliament who never makes that statement. The speech is also discussed at dailybail.com... which includes this statement:

Many are now convinced that the mysterious Foundation X is the international financing scam wich goes by OITC - The Office of International Treasury Control.

And then there's this statement:

The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator, and property owner in existence. Possessing more material wealth than any bank, corporation, giant trust, or government anywhere on the globe. The Pope, who is the visible ruler of this colossal global wealth is one of the richest men on Earth.
This comes from the same article which states:

Roman Law uses the law of the sea because all human institutions in the Roman system are make-believe ships at sea (incorporated bodies).

The ‘all caps’ spelling does not make the ‘legal identity name” (strawman). It is where the family name has been converted into a ’surname - primary name’. The all caps only signifies that the name carries with its use the status of slave pledged as chattel in bankruptcy of the State.
We need better sources for flat statements with no backup.

Some better sources?

Mr. Cipriani described the Vatican bank as a financially cautious organization that has €6 billion ($7.48 billion) in assets, including gold reserves at the U.S. Federal Reserve. The bank invests less than 5% of its portfolio in riskier securities like stocks, Mr. Cipriani said.

online.wsj.com...

And from a 1987 Fortune article, reprinted this year.

While the Vatican sets doctrine and exercises strong authority over the Church's two main branches, the far-flung religious orders and dioceses, both are self- supporting from grass-roots sources. Each administrative unit of a religious order and each diocese is an independent corporation with assets that the papacy cannot touch.

About half the Vatican's $500 million in investments generate little or no income. Some $100 million is parked in bank accounts, and the Vatican's gold hoard, bought in the 1930s at an average price of $35 an ounce, is now worth $100 million at $450 an ounce. Not a single bar of the papal bullion, which sits in the vaults of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, has ever been sold.

As the Vatican reaches out for financial help, Catholics the world over are wondering how this source of pomp and inspiration, the heart of the universal Church, could have fallen on such hard times. Put off by the scandals and secrecy, and misled by the illusion of wealth, Catholics are finally getting the whole truth.

features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...

Please, realize that many of you are misled by faulty sources in your beliefs about Vatican wealth. Come up with something close to resembling a legitimate source, then we can talk. That will help counteract the misinformation you've been given.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

I went to that Catholic source you mentioned and found a poll on the right hand side asking people if they thought the Pope had lived up to expectations.

49% (84 votes) Yes! Pope Francis is everything I hoped for.

24% (40 votes) Not really. Pope Francis started out great, but I'm starting to feel disappointed.

23% (39 votes) Indifferent. I didn't have many expectations for Pope Francis to begin with.

4% (7 votes) There's a new pope?

Obama, if I recall, got 49% of the US Catholic vote, Romney 47%. Catholics won't take over the world, they can't even take over themselves.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
He is correct to an extent! Get rid of the 10% elite...and make them normal like everyone else. Use their trilliions to help the poor.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Based on Francis' past as living very humbly and rejecting the creature comforts at his disposal, I think this speech was a prelude to opening up the papal coffers. I am not Catholic but this Pope impresses me more each day. If all world leaders acted like him, our days of war and materialism would be over. You go Francis!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

I was with him until he started blaming the free markets.

First of all, what free markets? Governments are constantly intervening to help out their rich buddies.

Talk about the cancer that is the Rothschild debt based central banking scheme.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
I was with him until he started blaming the free markets.

Totally unregulated free markets leads to monopoly...in theory that is.

And regulations are SUPPOSE to be for the majority, not for the minority like it is now.

The Vatican's been dirty for centuries but Pope Francis's words speak the truth, either it's for a bigger agenda or he's asking for trouble. Maybe he just doesn't care dying if the message gets thru, I know I would do so.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   
good joke neh ...
got stench of pr stunt all over it .. they damn sure not going to give up all their ill-gotten gains ..

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Come on now people, see this for what it is, bullcrap!

I mean whats the Vatican without money???

There goes 95% of there control construct, no money, no power!
edit on 17-5-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
He could start with his own bank first when speaking of ethics, perhaps then it would not be blacklisted by international financial concerns over the lack of transparency and their vulnerability to money laundering etc.

He wants ethics in finance, how about stopping the Catholic religious orders declaring bankruptcy to avoid settling claims as happened especially in Ireland.

As to the total sum of his statement: sounds like an update of earlier statements of mammon and evil, except when it's in the church's hands naturally. Sounds like we're in for more poverty but on the bright side we won't be part of the tyranny of money it will no longer rule us. You can bet your bottom dollar the church will still be attempting to do so.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
He should spear head his idea by not collecting money from the RCC church members

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
...and here comes the push for digital currency
that recent "deal" with vatican & israel maybe starting to make more sense now

That's the first thing I thought too.

They're just demonising money to make it easier to replace with Illuminati Credits.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join