It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis urges global leaders to end 'tyranny' of money!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Very powerful and true massage ..

Pope Francis urges global leaders to end 'tyranny' of money
3:25PM BST 16 May 2013

Pope Francis has attacked the “dictatorship” of the global financial system and warned that the “cult of money” was making life a misery for millions.

He said free-market capitalism had created a “tyranny” and that human beings were being judged purely by their ability to consume goods.

Money should be made to “serve” people, not to “rule” them, he said, calling for a more ethical financial system and curbs on financial speculation.

The gap between rich and poor was growing and the “joy of life” was diminishing in many developed countries, the Argentinian Pope said, two months after he was elected as the successor to Benedict XVI.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

+16 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah, that's rich, pardon the pun.

Maybe the Vatican should start paying taxes or open up their coffers to the needy folk in the world.

I'm sure if they showed us their books and wealth holdings, we'd find they are just as much in bed with the banking oligarchy than any other institution.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Who survived Hiroshima? The Jesuits. They claimed it was due to the blessed virgin. Ah-hahaha!

Yeah...right.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Pegging the hypocrisy meter there a bit, aren't we?

The Vatican owns 25 percent of the world's gold bullion...

More gold than all world governments combined in fact.( Source )

The Vatican solid gold bullion worth billions, is stored with the Rothschild controlled Bank of England and the US Federal Reserve Bank.

The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator, and property owner in existence. Possessing more material wealth than any bank, corporation, giant trust, or government anywhere on the globe. The Pope, who is the visible ruler of this colossal global wealth is one of the richest men on Earth. While two-thirds of the world earns less than two dollars a day, and one-fifth of the world is under fed or starving to death, the Vatican hordes the world’s wealth, profits from it on the stock market, and at the same time preached about giving.

servantofthelight.com...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
...and here comes the push for digital currency
that recent "deal" with vatican & israel maybe starting to make more sense now

Maybe the Vatican should start paying taxes or open up their coffers to the needy folk in the world.

too easy.. but well said!

I'm sure if they showed us their books and wealth holdings, we'd find they are just as much in bed with the banking oligarchy than any other institution.

c;mon man.. we know this much already.. P2 masonic lodge anyone?
edit on 16-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: arnie voice: "because you told me to"

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"Ending the tyranny of money" is something that anyone (who does not have money) can say and it be agreed with by most rational people.

Since it is coming from the head of a very wealthy institution then it will just fall on deaf ears. Even though it is a message I agree with. I wonder though, if somehow every dollar and currency in the world just vanished overnight, what would replace it?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can see why people love what Pope Francis is great and agreeable with their views. However, a lot of what people say is easier said than done. A majority of members would agree many leaders and politicians would say anything in any manner to garner support from people. Just my two cents.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

This could be a precursor to a major announcement by Francis. He knows that his church will be criticized for its riches when he says things like this, so he likely has taken that into account and may be setting the stage to bypass some of the stricter longtime Vatican City cardinals and officals to implement changes. Minor changes or sweeping monetary changes in how the Vatican and the catholic church is run, either way this guy probably knows that he has some kind of "purpose" to fulfill with his office. It could be interesting, or this one statement could be the end of it. To be continued??!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks for posting.
Though I'm not religious and don't agree with everything he says, I love this new pope.
I'm surprised at the negative responses in this thread.
Give the man a chance.
He already proved to put his money where his mouth is. (Pun not intended)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Pope Francis welcomed four new ambassadors to the Holy See
May 16, 2013

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The Pope had better walk a tight line or he too may end up like some of his earlier counterparts (dead)...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Never heard of a Pope doing this... I SnF i'm very interested to see where this goes....

Honestly IMO this may be the first Pope we see Assasinated if he keeps pursuing this.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
SCREEEEEEEEECH ....
That's me putting on the breaks.
Up to this point ... everything he's done I have been applauding.
But I don't like this speech of his .. not one bit.
Makes me nervous ....

ETA .... I don't like it because he may say next that there needs to be a New World Order and a World Bank to take care of the entire planets money needs. It feels like that would be the next thing he'd say .... and that would be BAD.
edit on 5/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This Pope better get himself a wine taster...

Just sayin'...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think it's a little too late to stop the money oligarchy. The Vatican is the richest institution in the world, so the man they elected calling for an end to money is extremely ironic.

The Vatican was built to make money and is bed-fellows with the banking cartel and is even exempt from taxes. Looks like they're taking notes from "A Boy Who Cried Wolf" with this.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Why not go all in and declare a holy war against greed? Nobody listens to the pope's suggestions, but if he makes a declaration, then there might be 10s of Catholics that would take up the cause.

in other news...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

So, I've heard the only time Jesus showed anger was with the money handlers. Has bothered me for years that many churches openly speak of how much was being collected or not.

How much good could be done if the Holy See sold everything off to do good?

Could the world be changed? Would anyone notice? Could lives be saved? Children educated? Debt canceled?

I say go Frank go! The money has no place in a church unless all the worlds problems were fixed first!
Go Frank go...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I really like this message. Just today, I was worried about people placing money as the top priority in their lives and missing out on being human. Like he says, money should be a servant, not a slave-owner -

We should make money to do what we enjoy and be with the people we love, not make money to improve some figures on a page. That's the goal, see?
edit on 16-5-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Obviously this will spark the usual smart aleck criticism about "the Church has its faults too..." but at least he's using his position to speak about what's right, with the massive powers taking over our world through political invasion and economic takeovers. He's just getting started and I really hope that he continues with how he's started.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join