It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TransHumanism: Jolie and GaGa, poster children

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i knew they wouldn't disappoint...

...remember when it was just blonde females (singers, celebs, socialites, et al) who seemed to be clones of eachother? we all saw how that took off.

i hope you're ready for "phase 2"

Jolie

GaGa

..what do you think the phase 3 clones will look like?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Already appears to have begun in the last photo.
edit on 16-5-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

I think you might be a bit confused as to what Trans-humanism really is.

Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international intellectual and cultural movement that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities.[

Source

I fail to see how either of those two women are trans-humanists, considering they aren't cyborgs.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
While the examples provided are very loosely applied concepts of transhumanism, they still carry a faint but distinct watermark of the very perversions of which I have both consistently and insistently cautioned the forums. This is what comes of being taught that it is wrong to be finite and ignorant. This is what comes of being taught we are to feel guilty for our imperfections. This is what comes of being told that we must do our best to refine who we are until we lose the very things that give us our humanity.

The more we seek perfection, the less perfect we become. And on the flipside, the more we see the cold indifference that engenders the quest for invulnerability, the more we become enamored with the appeal of rebellion, often with equally disastrous results. In short, our bipolar efforts to both make peace with, and transcend, the flaws of our very nature are becoming more and more rash. And here you see the proof of it. There's art...and then there's mutilation. What's the difference, you ask? The answer is simple: the intentions behind the change.

I stand vindicated in my beliefs regarding this particular matter.
edit on 16-5-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Dear Tenth & AfterInfinity~

Thank you, Thank you and Thank you!

sulaw

I'll stand right next to you on this Infinity

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
i knew they wouldn't disappoint...

...remember when it was just blonde females (singers, celebs, socialites, et al) who seemed to be clones of eachother? we all saw how that took off.

i hope you're ready for "phase 2"

..what do you think the phase 3 clones will look like?

Really...I am confused...what exactly are you talking about?

What is (phase 2)?

And... A. Jolie and Lady Gaga how are they involved in (transhumanism)?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I fail to see how either of those two women are trans-humanists, considering they aren't cyborgs.

that has to be one of the best lines on ATS ever....

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

I find the examples you have chosen to represent your point unrelated in that the first is a character in a film and not a personal artistic statement by Jolie herself. The second, GaGa, is wearing a temporary prosthetic and she has made it clear that she is not a proponent of permanent changes to our appearance and It's obvious to me that she does not encourage others to feel guilty about their imperfections, quite the opposite really. She seems to embrace them, and encourages others to do so in their own way. at least that's what I see.

I also find it interesting that you seem to focus on a handful of celebrities and not the more insidious changes and pressures to maintain a certain appearance that are all around us. Rhinoplasty , chin lifts, tummy tucks and the like are not only accepted forms of mutilation but encouraged and applauded by some of the same folks that like to focus on GaGa for some reason. Those people are the clones in my opinion and while I wouldn't want to stop them from changing their appearance to suit whatever more perfect human they wish to be, I also cannot condemn GaGa specifically for expressing herself.

Penny

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

Where did you find my families picture? To be honest a majority of conspiracy theorist really stretch their "information" to the breaking point. I mean come on now. Angelina Jolie and Lady Gaga the poster child's of transhumanism? Where do you get this from?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
i starred the conehead pic but i don't see it nearly in the same category as the others. food for thought, though.

-YET! they're not cyborgs yet. PMSL

uhh, the body modification, subdermal implants.. (for starters)
admittedly, this scene isn't for everyone..

what's phase 2? - nothing! just my humorous way of categorizing these two agents/assets (as i say, what do you think the phase 3 will look like? hehe.. maybe phase 3 is the actual cyborg)

not a total loss.. somebody here seems to have understood EXACTLY what i'm saying..

I find the examples you have chosen to represent your point unrelated in that the first is a character in a film and not a personal artistic statement by Jolie herself. The second, GaGa, is wearing a temporary prosthetic and she has made it clear that she is not a proponent of permanent changes to our appearance and It's obvious to me that...

it's about the image that's going out.. is your brain genre-specific?
hey it's cool, just keep your eyes open to this scene and you'll be seeing what i mean in a year or two.
that's right, the "personal statement" made by Jolie recently is somewhat different, i'll give you that!
GaGa (temp prosthetic??) quoted as saying "They're my bones"
..have you heard her explain the symbolism of 'the egg' (etc) and the transformation she hopes for humanity?
it's much better when you hear it from their own mouths.
..and i thought this was somewhat already established of GaGa?

just be patient and keep watching where all this goes..
edit on 16-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: spluh

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

Technically speaking:

Dick Cheney is a better representation of a Trans Humanist. Along with Stephen Hawking among others.

I did understand what it was you were trying to say, don't get me wrong, it's just that many people are easily confused by terminology like the ones in your OP and they could have been mislead as the examples you provided were ambiguous.

~Tenth

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You're correct. Former Vice President Richard Cheney has a pace maker which I believe can make him as a cyborg. The same can be said with Stephen Hawking because of how he is able to communicate with the computer set-up he uses because of his disabilities. I have no problem with the OP. I'm just skeptical of outlandish conspiracies. I also have to say Jolie and Lady Gaga are very attractive in weird outfits.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

not a total loss.. somebody here seems to have understood EXACTLY what i'm saying..

So...for people who are not understanding exactly what you are saying...(like me)....what exactly are you saying?

Please explain...without being vague...thank you!

edit on 16-5-2013 by caladonea because: edit

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

uhh, the body modification, subdermal implants.. (for starters)
admittedly, this scene isn't for everyone..

If this photo of Lady Gaga is what you are referring to, these are not dermal implants.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

What you have shown here is a good example of how the movie industry is influenced by modern trends. Showing a picture of an actress IN CHARACTER is in no way indicative of transhumanism. Thats like saying that that Johnny Depp is a poster child for influencing us all to become pirates.

Ayayayayayayaya

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh, so today you woke up and figured out what photoshop is. Good for you kiddo!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Don't worry. I have not got a clue whats going on either!. Its all a bit weird

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

could have been mislead as the examples you provided were ambiguous.

that seems to be the way this scene works..? all the info is gradiated and encoded.
..do you think i just woke up this morning and came to this conclusion?

someone will see those pics and either instantly "get it" (and someone did)
...or they won't. i can only hope it piques their curiosity and they actually *want* to find out what the hell i'm talking about if they don't already understand it..

people - feel free to do the same kind of research i did. /shrug

you're right about GaGa not actually having 'subdermal implants' (they are merely meant to appear that way) i should have been more specific (just like i should probably be more specific now) however, if you can make the connection of why she's saying/claiming "they're my bones" and maybe accept that she's "selling something" (ie: a lifestyle) ...then it should make more sense

i'll try to explain some more of this (tomorrow) after i sleep..
if anyone cares to shed more light on this, please do..
i apologize for my churlish manners.

What you have shown here is a good example of how the movie industry is influenced by modern trends.

this is what i'm talking about... circular logic..
so... WHAT IS THE (MODERN) TREND, THEN???

i didn't "photoshop" anything... if you're using the word 'photoshop' to describe those pics, then you seem to be on the cusp of understanding

forgot to address this -

I also find it interesting that you seem to focus on a handful of celebrities and not the more insidious changes and pressures to maintain a certain appearance that are all around us. Rhinoplasty , chin lifts, tummy tucks and the like

*sigh* ....what do you think i was refering to when i mentioned the blonde celebs in the very first post (THAT was phase 1) ....i can see there is still a LOT of explaining to do

and this -

how can they be transhumanists when clearly either one is NOT a cyborg

...and you're a MOD, huh?
if they were cyborgs i would've called them cyborgs.

goodnight for now.
edit on 16-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: snuh

edit on 16-5-2013 by UNIT76 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46

Don't worry. I have not got a clue whats going on either!. Its all a bit weird

I really don't like it when people create threads and don't explain directly what they mean. They dance around questions and won't directly answer them and want people to play the (try and guess what I am saying) game; sooooooo...annoying!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

...Yes it is annoying. But the thread does not make sense to me anyway. I re read it just in case i missed something...Well i guess i did miss something....The whole point

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join