It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies,Lies, and Damn lies: Obama blames Benghazi on Congress

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by dedpope

can anyone tell me what the flag is on the right of the prez. ( red w/ moon and a star?

Turkey

Assailed by questions over three scnadals engulfing White House during Rose Garden press conference with Turkish Prime Minister

edit on 16-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

OIC thanks

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What is truly sad is that our society has reached a point where it is easier to lie than it is to tell the truth. And the REALLY sad part is it has become the norm and is accepted without question. We don't even care that our children do it daily.

1. Did you clean your room?
2. Does this dress make me look fat?
3. I did NOT, have sex, with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky..

90% of all we hear, is all lies. It isn't the Obama administration, nor the Bush administration, nor the Clinton administration at fault in these instances. It is a society that has let lying become the norm, so much so that we never adamantly question the person until we have arrived at an uncontested truth.

Our entire society is BUILT upon non-truth.
Advertising.
Movies.
Reality T.V.
Newspapers.
Headline News.
Government.
Politicians.
Clergy.
Doctors.
Lawyers.
Military.
Scientists.
The Courts.
And ANYONE that is going to "help" you make more money....lol

It is now to the point that one has to be very well versed in figuring out what it is that people "aren't" saying in their speaking, just so you can get one iota of the truth behind it.
Print media has become so ridiculously garbled with non-truths, that it is almost like reading a foreign language. Try reading thru any new bill that is being passed and it will take 87 pages of babel just to find one little gem.

Things would just work so much smoother if truth was the norm today.

You have your hand on the bible and are asked, "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,
so help you god"?...Just say..."Nope"...Certainly clears up any expectations people might have. Wish the politicians would do that. I think I would trust them more.

???

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What friggin "cuts"??? Not even the sequester "cut" money from the previous year's funding!

There were no cuts in spending on 2012.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Do you know who really is to blame for Benghazi? Who REALLY is to blame?

THE MILITANTS THAT ATTACKED THE EMBASSY AND KILLED THE PEOPLE!

Good lord, you people act as if the president himself went and shot them.

Stop listening to Sean Hannity and FOX News. Think for yourself. You all are supposed to be free thinkers right? How come I log on here every day to see Sean Hannity's words used as threads? These aren't the threads of free thinkers and people who are intelligent, these are the threads of parrots, trained parrots who use the words of others and the rage of others as their own.

You all have muddied the waters in this matter to the point of insanity.

edit on 16-5-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Its always someone else's fault with Obama... his entire administration has the same disease.. Its never anyone's fault at the top.. Unless of course its praise, then its always at the top with this administration.

Articles of Impeachment can't come soon enough...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

For someone who said ' The buck stops with him' sure does seem to fall everywhere, but him.

The guy will never be impeached that is just wishful thinking I am sad to say.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Good lord, you people act as if the president himself went and shot them.

You almost sound like the current administration... You just do not get it do you...

The attack is not the problem... Its the administration lying about it by blaming it on some idiot ass video about Islam, when in fact it had nothing what so ever to do with the video.

Keep trying to deflect though... Goebbles would be proud...
edit on 16-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Do you know who really is to blame for Benghazi? Who REALLY is to blame? THE MILITANTS THAT ATTACKED THE EMBASSY AND KILLED THE PEOPLE!

So then 8 months after the fact why are they still walking around instead of 6 feet under?

Because blaming people, and things are more 'important'.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Or when the CEO says "Robbery? What robbery? No robberies here. Oh, Fred? Yeah, uhhhh....he didn't come in today. Haven't seen him since he left yesterday at the end of the day...nope, Old Fred, guess he's home in bed sick" when he's asked for a statement.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

So then 8 months after the fact why are they still walking around instead of 6 feet under?

Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Blaming the President for something instead of demanding Congress do something about it?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

sn't that exactly what you are doing? Blaming the President for something instead of demanding Congress do something about it?

Nope holding the 'commander in chief' accountable for his actions, and inactions.

Congress didn't bomb Libya
Congress doesn't run the State department.

For a guy who made it 'his personal mission' to kill Bin Laden takes a holiday when Americans are murdered.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Congress didn't bomb Libya
Congress doesn't run the State department.

And the president didn't attack the embassy.

But to you he did. According to you, he pulled the trigger himself.

That's what you are really saying.

It doesn't matter who does what in your universe, every murder is the president's fault, every bald head is the presidents fault, every case of hemorrhoids is the presidents fault.

And it's every single day with you all. Every day it's a new thread about what problem you blame the president for. Every single thing that happens to you, you blame on the president.

Of course, it's not really your fault, if you didn't just parrot everything Sean Hannity said and thought for yourself for just a moment, maybe you would see the world isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

And the president didn't attack the embassy. But to you he did. According to you, he pulled the trigger himself. That's what you are really saying.

Feel free to quote that oh wait was never said so it can't be quoted.

In the words of Chris Mathews:

CHRIS MATTHEWS: He does run the IRS. He runs the Treasury Department. He runs the United States government, and he is accountable for it, and this is nonsensical.

freebeacon.com...

The government's inaction is what people have been talking about all along, right along with his 'Not my fault'.

Of course, it's not really your fault, if you didn't just parrot everything Sean Hannity said and thought for yourself for just a moment, maybe you would see the world isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

Political trolling.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well, now you're right when we talk about the period of the first attack. Stevens was wiring that he was headed to bed and things were quiet, shortly before the attack came with force in late evening. The first one, I'm not sure anyone suggests that forces were within range. Even from Tripoli. I might be curious about how many guns they had at the CIA center...but I'm not sure if it wouldn't have just added to the lost at this point, imagining a couple from there. they saved lives later in the night, staying put as it happened.

It's the months that led up to it and which gave the Militants the opportunity to actually overrun and destroy a US diplomatic outpost that needs answered for. Why backup wasn't moving with all speed from area bases is a very critical question. They wouldn't have likely made it (for the first stage of attack, anyway)...but being en route is the best any American overseas can ever hope for. Up until that night? It's what I took for granted in seeing America support it's own. Now? Well... that change is why this matters. A LOT.

By the time the second attack came, they most certainly could have been in the area with support by everything I've heard and read since. People don't seem to consider....the 2 former Seals died in a totally separate fight and almost 2 miles away from the Consulate compound. 2 different attacks in a running fight across the night. Time and ability only cuts it for one, in my opinion.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Chris Mathews is right?

Hell is freezing over..............

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Congress cut the funding it is there fault.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Chris Mathews is right?

Hell is freezing over..............

Obama does run the government doesn't he?

What they are saying is he doesn't, and if that's the case why do we even have elections?

Curious how that works, ' Hey we have an elected leader, a duly elected leader of this country whose job is to run this country', doesn't actually run the country.

Wish they would make up their minds.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Tell me another 'story' please:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

QUESTION: It has been suggested that budget cuts were responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi. And I'd like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE CHARLENE LAMB: No, sir.

Wait what was that?

QUESTION: So there's not a budget problem. It's not you all don't have the money to do this? LAMB: Sir, it's a volatile situation. We will move assets to cover that.

Oh dear.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Blaming the President for something instead of demanding Congress do something about it?

They are doing something about it. Part of trying to do something about it is trying to figure what went wrong and who #ed up. Yes, we cannot control their people, but we can control our people and part of that process is figuring out who and why left our people vulnerable.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cholo

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by cholo

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by cholo

There is a new trend in which conservatives and the GOP hold Obama o A completely different standard then that of their previous actions and Positions. When that stops, I will stop

Actually what we are doing is holding the current potus to the standards that were set for the last one, turns out some people don't like that too much.

Oh really, like going to international court for CREATING a war based upon fake information that administration created internally?

Cause Bush has been tried for that huh???

You mean the information he got that wasnt accurate? That IS what you mean right, either youre trolling or you seem to have some serious short term memory loss regarding your post last page about Obama not being responsible cause his intel was flawed

Bushes senior staff create the Iraq intelligence, there is a sizable difference.

Hillary and holder did not create the Benghazi intelligence while Rumsfeld, Wolfiwitz and Cheney did.

A material difference

LOL. Seriously? All of those people were out of office for years before this incident. My Gods. Defy ignorance indeed.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join