It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies,Lies, and Damn lies: Obama blames Benghazi on Congress

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Indigo5

READ LAMB"S congressional testimony really how many times does that have to be said?

How many?

You claimed that it was a lie that the GOP cut 300 Million plus from embassy security...

When it fact they did exactly that...As GOP Congressman have bragged about publicly.

To support your "lie" claim you cite the former "Deputy Assistant Secretary to Embassy Security" who says that more funding would not have made a difference.

So...you seem confused....conflating the opinion of one woman as to wether more money would have made a difference with the fact that the GOP did cut funding to Embassy security by 300+ Million.

No doubt logic frustrates you...so I expect a non-substance, vitriolic retort...
edit on 20-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I knew you would dismiss them, even though the Somalis were armed the same and had the same experience as those in Benghazi and in similar urban environments in similar regions of Africa. Other that that......TOTALLY different. For a name like Seeker of Truth, you sure don't live up to the billing.

My casualty ratios still stand.... there are similar to other ratios in very Modern combat under similar urban circumstances with similarly armed foes. Please dispute that with real data, not just your statements.

A squad or two (25 Marines) of well trained embassy security, not ragtag Libyan Militia types ( that's a whole other error made) could have inflicted enough damage on the Benghazi attackers to stop the attack before being overrun. If we had air support, that would have ended the threat in one sortie, albeit with some civilian casualties as well.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Something just occurred to me about the attack that I couldn't put my finger on.It keeps bothering me the insistance that we couldnt have helped these people in Benghazi. Well now it occurred to me a couple of questions and if anyone has any answers please help. One where was the 5th fleet this came up when i was reading a family member's statement of why their son didn't get help she was insistant there was carrier support available. Next why didn't the state department make calls to the UK and Turkey who are Nato allies. I was reading about an attack on the British ambassador a month earlier and they had actually moved troops to Benghazi because of this incident. I know if we had asked they would have sent immediate aid so why didn't we. Also Turkey would have any assets available the US could have possibly needed special forces air support you name it. So this makes me wonder why calls were not made to see what others hadin the area why somethings wrong here.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Can't answer your questions, but you're right. Something's wrong here. Smells to high heaven.

It's why, imo, the administration orchestrated these other two 'scandals'. To take attention away from the hot spot. Wave the magic wand with the right hand, no one sees them hide the coin with the left.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Maybe the ambassador knew too much and was threatning to spill the beans about the muslim brotherhood and how fake arab spring was from the beginning. Perhaps he was turning against the USA when NATO(especially france and uk) bombed the living crap out of libya. Perhaps he had honest sentiment about gadafhis regime. Is this what people are hinting towards?

Two things don't make sense to me about benghazigate, although I never took the conspiracy angle seriously up till now.

1)Why wasn't he moved to a more secure location like the tripoli embassy or flown out to europe?

2)Why didn't he have more security with him, preferrably by american military forces?

I smell a rat too!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The only thing that smells over this Benghazi issue comes from the dirty partisan poliltics played by the republicans, their supporters and the hooligans here.

The mass and at times violent protests that erupted over the stupid anti -Islam video was REAL, with pics, and not some figment of imagination, the kind of hot air those administration haters love to blow around.

It was a tense situation, not just in Libya but EVERYWHERE else in the world that had a population of muslims, majority or minority, out in the streets or voicing vocally enraged in the media ready to spill out to the streets. Thus every nation had to look out for their own citizens, more so in USA whereby security was beefed up to the max and troops on standby on american soil.

Every foreign embassy in Libya and elsewhere in arab world knows the drill well - stay low, keep safe and out of trouble, and just let the rage die down when sanity returns.

Unfortunately, that muslim rage took a drastic turn to americans in Libya, an event none could have predicted as within those few short hours, 4 americans lay dead in Benghazi, murdered by militants in civilian clothing and blended well into the libyan population.

Those of you who claimed support could have arrive to help - thing is, help with WHAT? Flip on the switch cover and fire upon the crowds with missiles and guns? Where and who was the enemy?

AND MOST CRITICALLY, WHO will take responsibility for sending the foreign air cover and troops into a sovereign nation, which by international law is AN INVASION, no matter what the libyan transitional govt will claim, as they have no control over the enraged muslim warlords operating there whom will react accordingly with missiles from Gaddafi's stockpile?

End this armchair general nonsense already. Keep it here if those administration haters want to fool others and rage on, BUT KEEP IT OUT OF CAPITOL HILL WHEREBY THERE ARE MORE CRITICAL ISSUES THE NATION HAS TO DEAL WITH, SUCH AS THE ECONOMY !!!!
edit on 21-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Someone on the Internet spliced together all the times the Obama administration blamed the attacks on a YouTube video. It was multiple times by Obama, H. Clinton, Carney, and others. And know we know they knew from day one it had nothing to do with a video. They knew it was a pre-planned terror attack. The people at the embassy knew it and requested additional security multiple times. There was a team two hours away that could have responded but was ordered to stand down. I don't see how ANYONE can defend that. Heads should be rolling.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Well I think its been established there was no protest and we know this because of presidnts on emails and testimony. No one and I mean as far as preparing talking points mentions the videom It was a crappy video only like 50 hits on you tube how can a video that no one saw get people mad?The video excuse was a bad lie.Let me ask you a questiion do you realy think so little of muslims that you believe they protest with AK 47s and rocket launches.Are you under the impression that happens every day in the middle east. You have seen to many movies with arabs running aroound with AKs you thing that's normal. Would it surprise you to know they have cable cell phones microwaves and on any given day normal people who when they protest wouldn't be any diffrent the any other country.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Obama should have worked on the economy from day 1, instead of going after peoples guns and funding international terrorists to overthrow "dictators". Countries should be able to decide for themselves what kind of government they want. If libya, egpyt, syria, iran, iraq, afghanistan wanted different leaders they would have gotten them by now with or without NATO's help.

By interfering in other peoples business we accomplish at least three bad things:

1)create new terrorists from the losing side
2)waste money that could be spent on social welfare and new infrastructure back home
3)piss off russia and china that have spent time befriending those nations

I think the libyan ambassador in benghazi was turning and the ptb could not have that. Gadafhi was not a saint but he was not some bloodthirsty central african dictator either. I think you are wrong with some of your assertions because you have blind faith in Obama and the democrats.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Maybe the ambassador knew too much and was threatning to spill the beans about the muslim brotherhood and how fake arab spring was from the beginning. Perhaps he was turning against the USA when NATO(especially france and uk) bombed the living crap out of libya. Perhaps he had honest sentiment about gadafhis regime. Is this what people are hinting towards?

Two things don't make sense to me about benghazigate, although I never took the conspiracy angle seriously up till now.

1)Why wasn't he moved to a more secure location like the tripoli embassy or flown out to europe?

2)Why didn't he have more security with him, preferrably by american military forces?

I smell a rat too!

Quite a few people, smarter and with more inside info than us here on ATS, have declared it a fact that the US was supplying weapons to Syria, probably through the CIA. Libyan weapons that were rounded up after the fall of Gaddafi. As I've heard it told on several fronts, Chris Stevens was in Tripoli, safe and sound, but was sent to Benghazi to meet with a Turkish diplomat on that day. A Turkish flagged freighter left Benghazi on that day, loaded with weapons, bound first to Turkey, then Libya. Libyan rebels from several of the various factions are reported to have been arguing over who would get which weapons.

Coincidence? Telleroflies would have you think it's all about a video. (wonder if he's really J. Carney)
He's simply a member of the deflection brigade.

Security? He begged for more security many times. He was refused, many times. Again, telleoflise would have you believe that US troops are not allowed on foreign soil to guard an embassy/consulate. Or more to fact, the documents within those buildings. However, US Marines are stationed around the world assigned with that very guard duty. The host country is required to guard outside the walls. US forces guard inside.

The 'guards' hired in Benghazi, at $4 an hr., were local militia. Most fled when the attack began. It's been reported that several actually participated in the attack. It's been reported that at least one was seen taking pictures of the buildings and grounds several weeks prior to the attack.

Coincidence? 'Telleroflies' would have you think so. Remember, to him it's all about a video. Against all reports, he claims it was spontaneous, not preplanned at all.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Rather than to let this thread run riot by armchair generals, nuts and hooligans, perhaps something more constructive can be given for the tragic Benghazi affair.

Perhaps, it should be made mandatory that all foreign embassies are built with a strong room, fully encased by strong steel, with oxygen tank, COs outlets, cool packs and food/water/waste receptacles to last for 24hours for embassy staff to hide in, enough time for the host nation to get its troops to deal with the threats large or small, and enough time for diplomatic channels to pressure the host govt to allow mass security forces to rescue the hostages if the host govt is incapable of providing protection.

Embassy staff will be stripped down to their bare wear - shirt and shorts and checked by security personnel or given such to wear to ensure no one brings in arms or explosives or anything else into the room. A room that will be checked and maintained regularly during peace times.

A RIFD chip embedded into the locking mechanism with codes that will automatically open when the correct codes are given, and known only by the President, in the event those inside are too weak to open.

Better than trying to flee openly in hostile territory.

In this manner, the Benghazi tragedy will not be repeated again.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

You've touched on something that I just don't get.

No one had heard of nor seen this video until Hillary and the State Dept. came out crying that they had nothing to do with it.

They knew that it would incite some form of violence in the Arab world. Did they bring this video to light in order to do that? If so, why? What did they feel they had to hide by taking eyes off whatever they wanted to keep secret.

Kind of lends credence to the comments that Stevens may have been about to expose something. Is this a case of engineering an assassination? While claiming clean hands?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Rather than to let this thread run riot by armchair generals, nuts and hooligans, perhaps something more constructive can be given for the tragic Benghazi affair.

Are people allowed to speculate on alternative sites? Why do you feel the need to insult everyone with name calling and invalid generalisations? If you are hung up on mainstream ideas then perhaps yahoo or google would be more of your liking. Seriously!!

Not everyone belongs to the tea party and the tea party is vastly different from the mainstream republican body.

I am Occupy but I do agree with some of their views.

Get a grip already!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

There is no need to admit freely to your lack of mental intellect by replying to my post, as I did not named you specifically, unless you wish to admit to being one to speculate rather than to seek for truths.

You are free to believe what you will, but ATS motto is to deny ignorances. It would help very much if you can just simply grip on to that motto.

Cheers.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

There is no need to admit freely to your lack of mental intellect by replying to my post, as I did not named you specifically, unless you wish to admit to being one to speculate rather than to seek for truths.

You are free to believe what you will, but ATS motto is to deny ignorances. It would help very much if you can just simply grip on to that motto.

Cheers.

I know this is falling on deaf ears as you have been asked to do this in this thread and many other threads you have posted on, but I will try one more time. Can you please stop with the insulting personal comments. I know we all from time to time do that, but with you it seems almost every post of yours has at least one, if not more, insults to other posters. It's not cool, not constructive and quite honestly makes others tune you out. Just make your points as to the discussion at hand without resorting to name calling.

Awaiting your comment back with baited breath................

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

When they start blaming republicans, and making personal insults, it's because it's all they have.

Classic 'shoot the messenger' because they can't shoot the message down.

Benghazi was about corrupt politics' by the administration.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Cheers.

Indeed I am here to speculate and learn.

That is what ATS is all about!

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Obama should have worked on the economy from day 1, instead of going after peoples guns and funding international terrorists to overthrow "dictators". Countries should be able to decide for themselves what kind of government they want. If libya, egpyt, syria, iran, iraq, afghanistan wanted different leaders they would have gotten them by now with or without NATO's help.

By interfering in other peoples business we accomplish at least three bad things:

1)create new terrorists from the losing side
2)waste money that could be spent on social welfare and new infrastructure back home
3)piss off russia and china that have spent time befriending those nations

I think the libyan ambassador in benghazi was turning and the ptb could not have that. Gadafhi was not a saint but he was not some bloodthirsty central african dictator either. I think you are wrong with some of your assertions because you have blind faith in Obama and the democrats.

Hear, hear, Well said.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Perhaps, it should be made mandatory that all foreign embassies are built with a strong room, fully encased by strong steel, with oxygen tank, COs outlets, cool packs and food/water/waste receptacles to last for 24hours for embassy staff to hide in, enough time for the host nation to get its troops to deal with the threats large or small, and enough time for diplomatic channels to pressure the host govt to allow mass security forces to rescue the hostages if the host govt is incapable of providing protection.

Embassy staff will be stripped down to their bare wear - shirt and shorts and checked by security personnel or given such to wear to ensure no one brings in arms or explosives or anything else into the room. A room that will be checked and maintained regularly during peace times.

A RIFD chip embedded into the locking mechanism with codes that will automatically open when the correct codes are given, and known only by the President, in the event those inside are too weak to open.

Better than trying to flee openly in hostile territory.

In this manner, the Benghazi tragedy will not be repeated again.

A strong room. Seriously? That is your answer? That they can hide, unarmed and almost naked, in a strong room like Jody Foster and wait for the calvary? I highly doubt that would work. Given 24 hours without resistance a foe that has access to explosives will crack that strong room.
edit on 21-5-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join