It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies,Lies, and Damn lies: Obama blames Benghazi on Congress

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Hello! Social security is a program provided by the government as many others..If it's so bad then don't collect any SS..Sounds like you want a free ride from the Gov...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Apologize to the OP for getting off topic..Any ways this Benghazi BS will all be forgotten about by the end of summer, if not sooner.It's all smoke,and mirrors for the Repubs because they have no platform to run on..They have practically alienated every group of voters,so now they rely upon drudged up "scandals"
edit on 17-5-2013 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2013 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by seamus
reply to post by neo96

IMO it boils down to two words:

"Stand Down".

Do we really need to look further?

As seekeroftruth pointed out in the beginning, they would have to send in at least a battalion sized force to deal with the terrorists and there would have been massive cassualties. These massive cassualties is bad public relations for an election year.

If the republicans were in power the same thing would have happened. Guaranteed!

So you're saying that 4 Americans had to die because this administration was more concerned with 'public relations?' At least you got it partly right. Nothing was done because of the election year.

Why aren't there any AC-130 gunships stationed in Europe? What or who do we blame for that. Budget cuts? Bush? Just one of those would have killed or scattered those terrorists like so many cockroaches under a bright light.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Here is what I want to see investigated.

edit on 17-5-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndthought

reply to post by neo96

"Stand Down".

As seekeroftruth pointed out in the beginning, they would have to send in at least a battalion sized force to deal with the terrorists and there would have been massive cassualties. These massive cassualties is bad public relations for an election year.

If the republicans were in power the same thing would have happened. Guaranteed!

So you're saying that 4 Americans had to die because this administration was more concerned with 'public relations?' At least you got it partly right. Nothing was done because of the election year.

Why aren't there any AC-130 gunships stationed in Europe? What or who do we blame for that. Budget cuts? Bush? Just one of those would have killed or scattered those terrorists like so many cockroaches under a bright light.

Uh, as mentioned previously, the CBG and MEU deployments to the Med, the first time since WWII, were stopped by the Obama administration. Hundreds of millions in aid to the Muslim Brotherhood run government in Egypt, but not a dime to keep our sailors and Marines on post where they should have been.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Miss the part where this is congressional testimony?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
reply to post by neo96

First the obvious...He didn't blame the Benghazi attack on congress.. He called the GOP hearing a political circus..and now that thier claims have been proven false and they have been outed as actually inventing evidence...mocked up emails...i think he is right.

Congress, specifically the GOP were also the ones who cut 300 M from Embassy Security...it was there way of saying eff you to Hilary Clinton and innocent folks went without proper security as a result.

Lastly...the WH appears to have been actually hunting for those to blame...and while the GOP plays politics, apparently Pres. Obama has been playing...find the effen terrorists who attacked us!! Which as his aim with OBL proved, he is pretty good at.

U.S. options to 'capture or kill' Benghazi suspects

The U.S. military has updated plans to "capture or kill" alleged perpetrators of the deadly terror attack on the American diplomatic compound in Benghazi, Libya, CNN has learned.

security.blogs.cnn.com...

I suggest folks respond with bumper sticker rhetoric, bankrupt of substance and littered with debunked falsehoods...

Gotta love the haters..
edit on 17-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

The WH has been hunting? Your "blog" states that the military has been hunting. The military has 'capture or kill' plans. but also that ... How was it...

The plan has series of "capture or kill" options that Obama would have to approve. It's not known how much of this he may have been briefed about.

Not known how much he's been briefed about. By many reports, he's not real fond of briefings. All in all, I won't hold my breath waiting for the WH to hunt for anything.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

reply to post by neo96

"Stand Down".

Uh, as mentioned previously, the CBG and MEU deployments to the Med, the first time since WWII, were stopped by the Obama administration. Hundreds of millions in aid to the Muslim Brotherhood run government in Egypt, but not a dime to keep our sailors and Marines on post where they should have been.

As I previously quite well understood. But as others, by their continued ignorance, fail to pay attention to. My comment is meant to cast derision on that ignorance.

Beyond that, I appreciate your comments. And I thank you for your service to this country.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

"Stand Down".

We really had no business in the middle east arab spring. The europeans pushed us to get involved and we paid the price. Americans don't run america and it should be common knowledge by now.

I am not sure who cut the funding, but I think the bottom line is Obama wanted to make sure he won his second term and would not risk any bad publicity such as a massive death toll of muslim "terrorists". We create the terrorists to begin with.

There is no reason to defund embassy staff, especially NOT security forces! What there is a reason to defund is military bases overseas since we have so many aircraft carriers capable of massive airpower.

What the hell is wrong with washington lately? Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only semi mainstream politicians with an ounce of common sense left in them.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

"Stand Down".

We really had no business in the middle east arab spring. The europeans pushed us to get involved and we paid the price. Americans don't run america and it should be common knowledge by now.

I am not sure who cut the funding, but I think the bottom line is Obama wanted to make sure he won his second term and would not risk any bad publicity such as a massive death toll of muslim "terrorists". We create the terrorists to begin with.

There is no reason to defund embassy staff, especially NOT security forces! What there is a reason to defund is military bases overseas since we have so many aircraft carriers capable of massive airpower.

What the hell is wrong with washington lately? Ron Paul and Gary Johnson are the only semi mainstream politicians with an ounce of common sense left in them.

I'll go along with most of what you say, except the second sentence. No, we didn't have any business in the arab spring. However, the Europeans didn't push Obama to make his Cairo speech. THAT is what started the arab spring.

You're right and it's sad that so many have given their freedoms to the government. This country is no longer, 'by the people, for the people'. So many just don't see it yet.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Here is the way I see it. Everyone is pointing fingers back and forth blaming the other side. The repubs to further berate Obama and the dems to take the heat off their boy and further weaken a sickly GOP. Time to throw out both sides and look at this from the perspective of someone who wants to find out a few things:

1) Could this have been prevented?
2) Why was the consulate not saved?
3) Where is the responsible party and how do we get them?
4) Why was there an attempted cover up and who was responsible for the false information?

If I were president, I would take full responsibility. From perspective of the president, it was my administration that brought this to where it is now. These questions, and many more would be answered, and the responsible people would answer for their grievous mistakes. Should Obama take all the blame? Should he be the only one crucified for this? Until all questions are answered, it's hard for me to say.

Honestly, there has been a lot of shady crap being pulled by this administration and people need to start answering questions truthfully and taking responsibility for their actions (or inaction).

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by joemomma

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I see that Obama and the rest are doing their jobs.Keeping everyone at each others throats while making sure that no one notices what's going on behind the scenes.As I have said before deep down all of you really think either side actually cares what happened?

Yes, I think they care, unfortunately Republicans can be psychotic and pathological despite all their caring, for billionaires and disembodied corporate interests.
You and many others like to think they care.But the truth is they don't.They care about how this can benefit them they don't care about the loss of lives.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

Honestly, there has been a lot of shady crap being pulled by this administration and people need to start answering questions truthfully and taking responsibility for their actions (or inaction).

ACCOUNTABILITY.

Sums it up.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Like I have said before; these are actions of a TYRANT not a president.

His actions have proved over and over that he is out on a blood path, whether or not people decide to see it is still up in the air. -_-

Most are worried about who made the playoffs in the NBA.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Again you missed the point....

Lets start here....

Even the President of Libya got it right.... While our own government lied about it.
Libyan president: Benghazi attack was a ‘preplanned act of terrorism’

Libyan President Mohammed Magarief said the controversial film that mocked Islam's Prophet Muhammad and ignited protests throughout the Muslim world had "nothing to do" with the Sept. 11 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, and that he has "no doubt" it was an act of terrorism.

Ema il: Senior State Dept. officials knew terrorists had attacked Benghazi before Rice interviews

Acting Assistant Secretary for Near Eastern Affairs Beth Jones wrote the email on Sept. 12. “I spoke to the Libyan ambassador and emphasized the importance of Libyan leaders continuing to make strong statements,” Jones said in the email, per Gowdy. “I told him that the group that conducted the attacks, Ansar al Sharia, is affiliated with Islamic terrorists.”

On Sept. 16, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice described the attack as a “spontaneous” event that grew out of a demonstration against an anti-Islamic YouTube video.

Gowdy: Sept. 12 email said Benghazi strike was "affiliated with Islamic terrorists"

Also, if you take the time to exercise independent thought you would see that FoxNews is NOT the only station calling BS on the administration and their fairy tale explanation of a protest gone awry.

Maybe you should put down the White House / MSNBC talking points and actually research the incident and ALL the information before going down the same idiot ass Fox news corrupts vast right wing conspiracy BS they are peddling.

So... which part are you still confused with?

The lie or the lies they added on top of the lies that they have been called out on?
edit on 18-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
ACCOUNTABILITY.

Sums it up.

Good luck... This administration seems to have placed that word / phrases in the same pile as War on Terror, honesty, integrity, truthfulness, transparent, transparency, freedom of press, right to own and bare arms....

Thank God he has not been able to completely control the media... If he could, we would know nothing about this lie or the other lies he and his administration have made...

The same media that minded the peoples business when Bush was in office, and the same media that minded the peoples business when Clinton was in office, to the same media that covered the first inauguration.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I hear you.

Even if the media turns just a bit, I think its so controlled that they will tell you later "but we did ask those tough questions". Problem is, they were not doing it for the past 5 years. They were bullied and bought all under the same breath.

Look, you wont see impeachment because they will not do it to a minority President. They wont do it because the sword has many more bodies to pierce. Someone is always willingly or unwillingly ready to fall on it.
edit on 18-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Look, you wont see impeachment because they will not do it to a minority President.

To be honest this mindset really pisses me off... He is the President of the united States, not the black President of the united States. When we insert that race card we are willingly ignoring the fact that he is a bad decision maker, not because of his race, but because he had no experience coming into the job.

I think this sums it up best -

As for the media -

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

To be honest this mindset really pisses me off... He is the President of the united States, not the black President of the united States. When we insert that race card we are willingly ignoring the fact that he is a bad decision maker, not because of his race, but because he had no experience coming into the job.

Get no complaints here. But you do know that does play a factor. Subconsciously or not. It sucks that people cant look at him for the President he is. Its a mindset that's still archaic, but in the forefront.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join