It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lies,Lies, and Damn lies: Obama blames Benghazi on Congress

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

every case of hemorrhoids is the presidents fault.

Well, he's certainly a pain in the ass.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kashai

Tell me another 'story' please:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

QUESTION: It has been suggested that budget cuts were responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi. And I'd like to ask Ms. Lamb, you made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?

DEPUTY ASSISTANT SECRETARY OF STATE CHARLENE LAMB: No, sir.

Wait what was that?

QUESTION: So there's not a budget problem. It's not you all don't have the money to do this? LAMB: Sir, it's a volatile situation. We will move assets to cover that.

Oh dear.

The plane needed to refuel the plane for support for that area was not available so why?

This is the fault of budget cuts and congress holds the money

Get over it
edit on 16-5-2013 by Kashai because: (no reason given)

What who told you that line of BS just so you know all military aircraft are stored with full tanks of fuel for two reasons 1 being there ready to go when needed. But more importantly there stored that way because it prevents condensation in the fuel tank the last thing they need is water in there jet fuel it tends to make the engines stop.However you heard this half baked excuse somewhere and you said wow ill believe any excuse so that sounds good to me its because of budget cuts. You do relize there was no budget cuts dont believe me go look at what the military spent last year and the projected budget for this year. Washington has fuzzy math if they dont get the amount they requested even if they get more then the prior year thats not an increase its a cut. Now did you know the libyan government expected us to scramble jets over the embassy but the funny thing was they never got the call.

Hicks testimony

"I believe if we had been able to scramble a fighter or aircraft or two over Benghazi as quickly as possible after the attack commenced, I believe there would not have been a mortar attack on the annex in the morning because I believe the Libyans would have split," he said. "They would have been scared to death that we would have gotten a laser on them and killed them." Hicks suggested the Libyan government expected a request to use their airspace, and claimed the Libyans "were as surprised as we were" that U.S. military personnel did not arrive until later on.

From air base 500 miles away could have had a couple of f 18s there in 20 min. I figure not alot of people are going to use morters with some f18s patrolling around heck throw in a couple of sonic booms over the area gurantee they would have ran. Then lets not forget former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty who DISOBEYED DIRECT ORDERS TO STAND DOWN.Now why would they be ordered not to defend the ambassador?? The first two deaths was a lack of security the second 2 however could have been prevented.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hi neo96,

The questions become...in light of the AP wire-tapping,

Will mainstream news reporters / journalists continue to grovel to hussein obama (soetoro) like they've been doing non-stop for the last 5 years?

Any journalists, editors, or reporters read this website?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm gonna sit back and let this little right-wing, orgasmic, jubilatory love-fest play itself out and then come back and laugh my azz off 6 months from now when *none* of these supposed scandals turn out to be anywhere near the scandal the right is trying to make them out to be. And don't give me that "oh, this isn't partisan, it's about the truth" crap - this is all coming from the right - how is that not partisan? Make no mistake - stuff did happen in each one of these scandals. But anyone with the slightest of reasoning abilities knows that the real truth lies far from the ridiculous allegations we're getting from the right. So, by all means, sure, have at it - keep the giddy end-of-Obama threads coming. It'll be fleeting and I guarantee it will all come back to bite the right come 2014...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Who isn't sick of all the lies? If you are tired of hearing the official b.s. story or if you think the outrage is phoney listen to this excellent summary of the facts.

Fake outrage you say? Either you missed what went down or you are as much of a sociopath as the liars.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

That is a bunch of baloney if a mission is relevant and in this case it was due to the potential for problems then why were the assets not available to deal with this contingency.

All I want is a simple answer to a simple problem. There was not a plane in the region capable of refueling any plane needed to get to Libya, despite the fact that at any moment all hell could break loose in that country.

Why??? Because it was Tuesday and that was the day they all get washed? That's a bunch of BS this is the US military and the only reason that plane was not in the air is because they could not afford it.

Just because the Obama Admiration is unwilling to play that card because some kind of deal has been struck does not impress me.

What are they going to do send the Republicans responsible to jail for murder.

They are as guilty as can be that this is a cover up that involves both parties.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I'm gonna sit back and let this little right-wing, orgasmic, jubilatory love-fest play itself out and then come back and laugh my azz off 6 months from now when *none* of these supposed scandals turn out to be anywhere near the scandal the right is trying to make them out to be.

Supposed?

Glad it wasn't your family killed and used to exploit Obama's reelection. Im sure you wouldn't have any problems with that.................

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by dragonridr

That is a bunch of baloney if a mission is relevant and in this case it was due to the potential for problems then why were the assets not available to deal with this contingency.

All I want is a simple answer to a simple problem. There was not a plane in the region capable of refueling any plane needed to get to Libya, despite the fact that at any moment all hell could break loose in that country.

Why??? Because it was Tuesday and that was the day they all get washed? That's a bunch of BS this is the US military and the only reason that plane was not in the air is because they could not afford it.

Just because the Obama Admiration is unwilling to play that card because some kind of deal has been struck does not impress me.

What are they going to do send the Republicans responsible to jail for murder.

They are as guilty as can be that this is a cover up that involves both parties.

All right show me the budget cuts show me there wasnt enough money to put a jet in the air if the president has allowed this to occur then my god we are in worse shape then i thought. Please explain to me how any sitting president would allow the military to be depleated so badly they cant afford fuel for the F18 and its now a giant paper weight sitting in italy. But before you believe that you might want to read this since apparently the news you read is kinda skewed.

Mar 6, 2013 – The House voted today to pass the continuing resolution and fund the federal ... Fourteen Republicans and 151 Democrats opposed the bill. ... includes a full-year defense appropriations bill. Now notice which party is trying to cut funding to the military.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Adonsa

Will mainstream news reporters / journalists continue to grovel to hussein obama (soetoro) like they've been doing non-stop for the last 5 years?

YES.

Any journalists, editors, or reporters read this website?

YES, but only to mock us.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I don't think Benghazi is a lie, I think it was a tragedy. But to blame the incident on Obama is just a case of playing politics. There have been several hundred embassy attacks in the last 30 years.

But of course, Obama is the only one who is blamed for something that is fairly common, as usual.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
I'm gonna sit back and let this little right-wing, orgasmic, jubilatory love-fest play itself out and then come back and laugh my azz off 6 months from now when *none* of these supposed scandals turn out to be anywhere near the scandal the right is trying to make them out to be. And don't give me that "oh, this isn't partisan, it's about the truth" crap - this is all coming from the right - how is that not partisan? Make no mistake - stuff did happen in each one of these scandals. But anyone with the slightest of reasoning abilities knows that the real truth lies far from the ridiculous allegations we're getting from the right. So, by all means, sure, have at it - keep the giddy end-of-Obama threads coming. It'll be fleeting and I guarantee it will all come back to bite the right come 2014...

Yes, the only thing the right wing is good at is hollering and making up scandals.

That last idiot destroyed the economy, started two full on wars, ushered in a whole new gasoline price floor, outed
CIA agents, expanded government, grew the debt, and he was not harassed by conservatives.

The right wing is good at screaming and bad at governing.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I see that Obama and the rest are doing their jobs.Keeping everyone at each others throats while making sure that no one notices what's going on behind the scenes.As I have said before deep down all of you really think either side actually cares what happened?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
I see that Obama and the rest are doing their jobs.Keeping everyone at each others throats while making sure that no one notices what's going on behind the scenes.As I have said before deep down all of you really think either side actually cares what happened?

Yes, I think they care, unfortunately Republicans can be psychotic and pathological despite all their caring, for billionaires and disembodied corporate interests.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by joemomma

Hi Cholo!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by joemomma

Hi Cholo!!

I'm not Latino, I'm white.

You have a problem with brown people or what???

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Congress cut the funding it is there fault.

What cuts? 2012 was a record year for spending. And they spent more than they did in 2011.

So what damn "cuts"?
edit on 17-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by joemomma
I don't think Benghazi is a lie, I think it was a tragedy. But to blame the incident on Obama is just a case of playing politics. There have been several hundred embassy attacks in the last 30 years.

But of course, Obama is the only one who is blamed for something that is fairly common, as usual.

Yet another person who is completely missing the point...

Its not the attack, its the administration lying about the attack that is the problem. When our other embassies were hit, those im charge at the time did not lie to the American people about it.

To recap -
The issue is not the attack, its the Obama administration lying about it. As for the rest of your post maybe you should take a look at all of the video / media coverage where Obama and his band of merry criminals are blaming anyone and anything under the sun except themselves, which is where the blame should be placed.

In case you forgot - The cause of the attack in Libya was NOT because of the youtube video, as the administration has claimed numerous times. When that lie was called out, they moved to the next one, blaming a lack of security because of congress. When that lie didnt fly they blamed the intelligence community. When that lie was called out, they moved onto blaming Republicans. When they stated they only edited one point and were called out on that lie, they moved to blame etc etc etc...

The attack is not the issue. Obama lying about it is the problem.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by joemomma
I don't think Benghazi is a lie, I think it was a tragedy.

A tragedy is something that can't be helped ... like a tsunami or tornado that kills.
Benghazi was deadly incompetence, covered by lie after lie by Obama, Hillary, and their minions.
Benghazi is not a tragedy .. it's a CRIME. A crime that's still unfolding ....
edit on 5/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: word

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

See, now what I don't get is this.

This was his speech the day AFTER the attack...

So I have no clue why you guys are angry. (Oh wait, yes I do, cause FOX News tells you to be angry.)

So, let me try and understand. You aren't angry that the attack took place. (you all think it's just fine that someone attacked us because we have a democrat in office, so, it's ok that we were attacked, your not actually angry at those who attacked us, you probably would invite them to a BBQ if Obama got ousted as President because of their actions.)

You are angry because they investigated it? And there seems to be multiple reasons that security failed?

Is that right?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Its not the attack, its the administration lying about the attack that is the problem.

I have a problem with both.

Why I also have problems with the attack .... it was Sept 11th and our guard should have been up. Our people were already vulnerable and didn't have enough security. Our people reported that the guards were 'taking pictures' inside the compound and one of the (now dead) folks even wrote on the internet that he didn't know if he'd survive the night. that was BEFORE the attack started. We had warnings. The State Dept wasn't protecting our people like it shoudl have .. it wasn't being proactive on Sept 11 anniversary like it should have ... it left our people in the field to die.

The attack could have been avoided if there had been proper security and if the warnings given by the people there were heeded ahead of time.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join