It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reasons for no backing in Iraq.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   

There comes a point in time where, one decides that the person whom they debate is sorely lacking in information, behind the times, wilfully intent on either dismissing the facts previously laid out before them or not interested in seeking same. at one time, I would have spent days, weeks, months, educating those lacking foresight and knowledge in that which is widely known from sources. I no longer do that as I have come to understand the psyche of those who just do not wish to advance their knowledge beyond that which they wish to believe.

Hmmm you presume to no a persons knowledge of the subject so quickly.
The one thing you have neglected to realise is that due to this wonderful internet l could within a few minutes write paragraphs quoting all the info on Hans Blix and the UN reports l wanted,does that make me an expert? Or have true knowledge of the subject.
Why does the media have so much control over you?
Why or What has made you so sure of your points of view that you presume to have greater knowledge and the ability to teach people?

Call it what you will, but the fact that I have had to advise you of the contents in Blix's reports, the same being at a minimum 18 months old, tells me that you have not availed yourself of such information. Whether by design or incapability, I care not, for along with that, goes a one-track mind and a propensity to forget that which you do not want to know. Hence I have no interest in repetition, particularly with the advent of infomation at the fingertips and the mass attraction educational program that is the internet.

Wow intellectualy written to impose ones authority dosn`t make you the leading authority.
I suppose the idea you could be wrong would never enter into your mindset.
You may think you have the knowledge to dismiss people and you obviously judge a person by the content and comprehension but Psyhcology works both ways.

As with those who stood steadfast with Nixon in Watergate, Oliver North in Iran-contra, your truth is years away when the issue will be cold, and the secrecy act comes head to head with the statute of limitations. By then who will really care, or admit they were taken in by rhetoric? History teaches us one thing; when a nation or world is divided so on an issue, the side opposing the direction taken, was indeed correct.

It does help to stay on the content of the thread rather than increasing the scope of the debate.I am not interested in this thread on the past expliots of previous Presidants and there reasons.

I am curious as to how you gain information that you believe is creditable as we all should be aware the truth is out there just not on the net
?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Yes weirdo, I do come to learn quickly the views of others. Particularly on a discussion board, that should be no surprise. And in this thread I have come to know that you have not availed yourself of the pertinent information and facts given your statements. Had you wanted to quote Blix�s information you would not have made the claims you did earlier, for you would have been familiar with information within his reports which do not support your arguments. In this day and age, it is an easy undertaking to go directly to the root source, rather than buying into snippets from a news item, or what others may say. Consequently, I have a choice, spend time educating you on old news, or recognize that your reluctance to educate yourself is a choice you make. One does not need to be an expert on every subject they wish to speak to, just informed. And If you wish to know what makes me so sure of my points, then do your research. Now, read my signature and note that it does not say I want to teach anyone, it implies I would compel you to think. I do not want to think for you or anyone else.

Instead of the superficial psychoanalysis you have made here as to whether you think I think I am right, it would have been healthier for your case and perspective to attempt to prove I am not, had you addressed the discussion we had previously, honestly and with current facts. As to how I gain my knowledge, the answer is simple, I highly recommend it. Never take news as fact until you have exhausted every attempt to go the root of story, for example, when the news speaks of Blix�s findings, go directly to Blix�s reports on his findings. If no such root is available, then reserve judgement, and seek out answers. Much like how one conducts their educational research.

The motto for this site does not mean to deny ignorance exists, it means to refuse to accept ignorance. It is a credo that can only be embraced when one seeks knowledge.

The sojourn into my psyche is now also closed.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Saddam was funded and put in power by the Americans, this is an open secret. Saddam was Americas allie during Iran Contra. So America had to deal with its own mistake.

an interesting post would be all the true events America has manipulated and its geopolitical wars it fought during the cold war. i read a link about it ages ago and almost couldnt believe how much strive America has caused, how many foerign elections it rigged, how many leaders it ousted and replaced with puppets. Really fascinating as during the cold war we in the west were brainwashed to believe Capitalism was the only way and communists were evil. granted Commies are evil no doubt but I think you will find that the Russians didnt do HALF as much "playing with the world" as America did during the cold war. Truth is both Captialism and Communism are both as corrupt as each other, Captialism/America/the West won because they had all the CASH!!! lol And as crazy as it may sound I still think there are people in Russia who still havent gotten over the "old ways" "cold war" mentality..America is still Russias biggest enemy no matter what Putin says.
A nation cant walk away from 100 yrs of brainwashing over night!

America is doing the same thing it did during the Cold War only now 911 is an excuse they use to justifiy their looting of other nations.

No difference between America and Rome and all the other empires, and yes America is in effect an empire just like Britian once was. Its propaganda is its own "liberty lifestyle" beamed in via television and hollywood, its merchants enchant the world and bank roll the world economy (seeing as the fed print their own money and this same money is the backbone of world markets)
and its army and military spending spurns its economy (America is a war economy) but every Empire falls, often by making mistakes at critical times. Example Napolean marched on Russia and so did Hitler but the winter got them, Rome fell due to moral bankruptcy, so to Greece and Egypt. Seems at the moment America has both: moral bankruptcy and mistaken military adventures.

[edit on 14-11-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
Yes weirdo, I do come to learn quickly the views of others. Particularly on a discussion board, that should be no surprise. And in this thread I have come to know that you have not availed yourself of the pertinent information and facts given your statements. Had you wanted to quote Blix�s information you would not have made the claims you did earlier, for you would have been familiar with information within his reports which do not support your arguments.

I cannot prove my points or post links to any of the comments l make.I cannot inform you either of my reasons and don`t really care to prove my credabillity.I use real the world and speak to real people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join