It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are These Weird Street Signs Being Installed in Las Vegas?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dezurtdog

Originally posted by dezurtdog
reply to post by seabag

www.brucehotchkiss.com...

That's good info but I'm still curious who manufactures it. There are more leads to follow. I'm curious if this manufacturer can be tied to DHS, intellistreet or any other organization that I distrust.

I'm not going to Bruce Hotchkiss's word for it!

Good find!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The following text was copied from a website that is no longer available to the public:

"The Interactive Street Sign System (ISSS) was created in order to provide citizens with the safer public setting that they deserve. Too many times, for far too long, the public has been at risk in metropolitan areas. Too many people have become unnecessary victims of an almost rabid criminal element, both organized and spontaneous.

The ISSS will put a virtual law enforcement representative throughout open metropolitan and standard city areas accessible by anyone, including law-abiding citizens as well as those with criminal (and potentially violent) intentions. Having an established and vigilant law enforcement presence that can interact with criminals and potentially resolve the situation before actual law enforcement authorities arrive is a new approach to crime reduction.

Each ISSS sign "representative" will have the tools necessary to record, deter and virtually intercept criminal activity before it increases in intensity. Further, law enforcement will become aware of unauthorized crowd gatherings which hamper the local economy, productivity and tourism. These gatherings allow for criminals to move about freely, thus evading law enforcement efforts geared toward keeping the public safe.

The ISSS is a shining beacon of safety, helping citizens feel more secure when they are out and about in public areas, for no matter where in an open metropolitan area they venture, they will have virtual law enforcement "back up" nearly around every corner ready to deter criminal activity."

Hey, they're just trying to keep us safe. What's the harm in that?
edit on 17-5-2013 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

Sounds Orwellian.

Interesting to say the least.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

These are indeed digital detour signs. You can see a combination of the interstate highway shield and the state highway shield. My guess is that these are put around a stadium or convention center to direct people to the easiest way to the state highway or interstate.

I notice that there is a YAGI antenna on a mast. Can someone take compass bearings on a number of these ? With their locations, we should be able to triangulate where they are being controlled from.

As to whether or not they contain eavesdropping microphones, I doubt it. Most of the time, when you see the type of antenna installed here, they are pretty low bandwidth and generally used for light weight telemetry purposes. The streetlight eavesdropping system uses omni-directional antennas and builds a mesh network, these are probably just line of site.

The antennas probably all point to the city public works dept. or the highway dept.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
The following text was copied from a website that is no longer available to the public:

"The Interactive Street Sign System (ISSS) was created in order to provide citizens with the safer public setting that they deserve. Too many times, for far too long, the public has been at risk in metropolitan areas. Too many people have become unnecessary victims of an almost rabid criminal element, both organized and spontaneous.

The ISSS will put a virtual law enforcement representative throughout open metropolitan and standard city areas accessible by anyone, including law-abiding citizens as well as those with criminal (and potentially violent) intentions. Having an established and vigilant law enforcement presence that can interact with criminals and potentially resolve the situation before actual law enforcement authorities arrive is a new approach to crime reduction.

Each ISSS sign "representative" will have the tools necessary to record, deter and virtually intercept criminal activity before it increases in intensity. Further, law enforcement will become aware of unauthorized crowd gatherings which hamper the local economy, productivity and tourism. These gatherings allow for criminals to move about freely, thus evading law enforcement efforts geared toward keeping the public safe.

The ISSS is a shining beacon of safety, helping citizens feel more secure when they are out and about in public areas, for no matter where in an open metropolitan area they venture, they will have virtual law enforcement "back up" nearly around every corner ready to deter criminal activity."

Hey, they're just trying to keep us safe. What's the harm in that?
edit on 17-5-2013 by GhostLancer because: Typo

Where did you find this info? Great find honestly and a star coming from me. I knew these things were more than just digital signs... and I will still be going out tonight to research them more.
edit on 17-5-2013 by Elion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Meh... looks like a boring regular LED detour sign to me.
edit on 17-5-2013 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
it's either eavesdropping or burger king has gone digital

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I showed this thread to the sales team at my job and none of them recognized these signs as video recording or audio capturing devices. It's possible they could be LPR (license plate readers) enabled, but they clearly look like detour signs to me.

We currently monitor and respond to alarms and patrol properties at 350 locations via IP based camera systems-anything from chemical facility plants to your local car dealership. We do a ton of residential properties with issues with drug dealing and public usage, vandalism and even one place that people defecate..outside..all the time.

All the places we monitor are private properties thus far..but we've been approached to monitor bad areas of public places and will probably start some time soon.. Get use to it..You're being monitored and recorded..

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

See them on my drive home...I just thought they were signs to designate what type of route you are on. Will need to research though. There is one just south of the 215 and Decauter (for you Sea since I assume you are in Vegas).
edit on 17-5-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
interesting, i wonder wjhat they mean
edit on 17-5-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The London mascots were clearly Orwellian.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
"What difference does it make!".......They are trying to beautify this wonderful city infested with sin. Is that so wrong?

/sarcasm

You know what is going on. We all do.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It seems like every day now there is a top thread citing a story from infowars. As they continue to expand and bring on new talent we could be looking at the formation of real competition against mainstream media.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

edit on 18-5-2013 by LookInside because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Errr you are aware that every single human with a smart phone is a walking eavesdropping gps tagging mobile spy network in their pocket right? I mean you ARE aware that the mic and camera including your GPS location can be remotely accessed and used to spy on you right.

I get the legal implications and that making it public is just one more nail in the coffin of freedom. but seriously its 2013 If you havent figured out that you are a slave in a golden cage then you are either naive of delusional.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blkcwbyhat
now that everyone is in a panic,why don't you do what a normal person would do...google it! These are energy saving devices,they can dim the lights when not needed,brighten them when a car approaches,so on.Yes,they have speakers on them for PSA's,and camera's are available on them.Now take off the tinfoil hats and go to the nearest FEMA camp where you belong.

So they are those signs we have been warned about. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Why las vegas? until you start to see them in other parts of the country i would not jump head first into what thay are or could be. but it is unusual looking.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
this reminds me of Gorge Orwell's novel '1984', that's pretty sad that we are heading directly into the totalitarian state (society), whether it is the US or the EU ...

we, the people, should do something about it now, but i think it may be a little too late as we might have come past the 'point of no return' ....... and even in this case, we should at least tryyyy...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There can be no doubt about it, it is psychological warfare upon the population and the setting up of a public deterrent system that will be available to them at the push of a button.

And all done, of course, with our money.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

to be perfectly honest this just seems like the whole new world order thing and them trying to take over the world fully

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join