It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are These Weird Street Signs Being Installed in Las Vegas?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDNH

No, mystery is not solved.. there MUST be a nefarious person behind these scary signs! The citizens of ATS have stated that quite clearly so it must be true.

In all seriousness, they are freaking electronic road signs... get a grip people.

Get a grip??

QUESTION EVERYTHING, friend!

I suppose this is just a nice looking street lamp, right?

I bet you think the Patriot Act and NDAA are good things designed by the government to protect you, too.

It won’t be long before US follows UK’s lead with over 2 millons CCTV cameras and boat loads of digital surveillance.

BET?

But HEY....we should "get a grip" though because its for our own good, right?

edit on 17-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Where in Vegas is that? I want to drive up and take a closer look at it. That's where I'm at right now.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Where in Vegas is that? I want to drive up and take a closer look at it. That's where I'm at right now.

RIGHT HERE

Please check it out and let us know if there are any manufacturer markings. There are over 100 of them at 39 intersections along I-15. Apparently they’re part of a program called trailblazer but we still don’t know who is producing this product.

edit on 17-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
That sign? It is a gradual implementation of BULLSH**.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Good to know we have a few Marines on our side in the event the SHTF. S & F and thank you for service.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They erected the thing upside down, those signs are for landing ufos, where else but Nevada.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hmmm... How about signs for information on highways? The center panel sure looks like a US highway sign...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Good luck

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
They erected the thing upside down, those signs are for landing ufos, where else but Nevada.

Best answer so far!

I have nothing to add….that was classic!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Some people are really jumping to conclusions.

Is there -any- evidence that these are not merely intelligent traffic signs?

I mean -ANY- evidence at all.

I am willing to suspend my disbelief if someone can bring forward -any- evidence.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

True, If there is a sign saying that I just would not do anything near that place.
edit on 17-5-2013 by EvilDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UMayBRite!
reply to post by seabag

My local county is fond of sticking out a portable signs out saying:

"Report suspicious activity".

Who do I report these signs to?

Why the federal bureau of suspicious signage

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tinhattribunal
cool!
we have a direct line to talk to the government now.
it would be awesome to see lots of CT 'cranks' out ranting at these street signs.

as for the slogan 'what happens in vegas, stays in vegas'...
not anymore, it seems.

lol,

yeah I would love to have one near me...lol
I would set up tape recordings for some easy listening mixed with some truth

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
interesting....on a somewhat related note. I live in Denver and we have some sort of marathon this weekend. The local police department has just install 200+ "Halo" cameras around the city. Of course it's "for our safety" and people are applauding the effort since the Boston Marathon situation. I think every new safety precaution is always ushered in packaged up with some sort of terrorism attack.
Pretty smart huh? we're losing our rights and paying for and support the effort....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Were these not voted on? They tried to put up simple video cameras here at a spot where some crime occurs, but the people that live in that neighborhood shot it down (votes).

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
Some people are really jumping to conclusions.

Is there -any- evidence that these are not merely intelligent traffic signs?

I mean -ANY- evidence at all.

I am willing to suspend my disbelief if someone can bring forward -any- evidence.

Actually.......NO!

We are hunting for answers! I'm waiting on another member in Vegas now to see if he/she can get us info about the manufacturer so we can do some research and see if it's related to the intellistreet system. Without that it's all speculation.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I remember seeing this video

And what stood out was the Audio factor (not that I watch cctv footage all the time)
Now that could be a private system or a public system but if you add an internet connection it is just an
extension of this.

l ink in case embed does not work www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
After only a little digging, I found this.

www.reviewjournal.com...

These signs have been there since 2006!

This is why you don't listen to Alex Jones, people.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

numerous "homeland security applications," including the ability to “engage captive audiences” via a loudspeaker system and give audible warnings to individuals.

taken from 1984:

The telescreen was giving forth an ear-splitting whistle which continued on the same note for thirty seconds. It was nought seven fifteen, getting-up time for office workers. Winston wrenched his body out of bed -- naked, for a member of the Outer Party received only 3,000 clothing coupons annually, and a suit of pyjamas was 600 -- and seized a dingy singlet and a pair of shorts that were lying across a chair. The Physical Jerks would begin in three minutes. The next moment he was doubled up by a violent coughing fit which nearly always attacked him soon after waking up. It emptied his lungs so completely that he could only begin breathing again by lying on his back and taking a series of deep gasps. His veins had swelled with the effort of the cough, and the varicose ulcer had started itching.

'Thirty to forty group!' yapped a piercing female voice. 'Thirty to forty group! Take your places, please. Thirties to forties!'

Winston sprang to attention in front of the telescreen, upon which the image of a youngish woman, scrawny but muscular, dressed in tunic and gym-shoes, had already appeared.

'Arms bending and stretching!' she rapped out. 'Take your time by me. One, two, three, four! One, two, three, four! Come on, comrades, put a bit of life into it! One, two, three, four! One, two, three, four! ...'

...you there! yes! you in the gas-mask, #456943210-764 S. Bagge, the Min. of Weather is conducting aerial cleaning today, so remove it immediately! take a deep breath and grab your ankles, now!

they'll be used to bark orders, just like the cops with their megaphones,
as they drive by, telling you to put out that cigarette or take off that hoodie.

the question is, how will compliance be forced?
edit on 17-5-2013 by TheMagus because: added edit & comment

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Not sure why my post was chosen for exclusion.

All I said was that these have been up since 2006, and gave the URL to a local newspaper that supports that claim.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join