It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are These Weird Street Signs Being Installed in Las Vegas?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
They already have a small black camera on every traffic light in America....

Those little 'cameras' detect the white strobe lights on emergency vehicles and turn the entire intersection red or turn the signal in the direction the emergency vehicle is moving green.
edit on 5/16/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by evc1shop

I am wondering why Las Vegas was chosen for first deployment of these devices. Is there going to be a false flag happening there that will make the whole country see these as useful devices and then clamor to get them installed everywhere. You know, get the people on your side and have them willing police themselves.

Perhaps a false flag somewhere else, and thus they will say "See? if we had these new fangled devices here we could have avoided such a tragedy!"

ETA ~~ then that is when other municipalities begin falling over themselves to be first in line for the deployment in their cities.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Majestic Lumen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I work in the remote video surveillance field and we monitor over 250 locations across the US, Canada ect.

These are not cameras or recording devices-To me they appear to be detour signs of some sort. They are installed for eye-level viewing it appears for passing vehicular traffic. Cameras would not be placed that low, and placing audio recording devices on what appears to be a heavily traveled road such as the OP's picture shows would be useless as background noise would crush the recordings.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
How about this, why not watch the video on their site where they explain it...

intellistreets.com...

Now just select the English version and there you go...

So now we are scared of street signs....

edit on 16-5-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2013 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

There is nothing reminiscent to the display in the OP in those videos when I looked earlier. The display boards are much more mundane and heavy duty looking than the trick lighting emphasis in the videos.
I don't really see anything too much suspect in the things but I have to say, the video guy does say it is a wireless network and that is the same as broadcasting, never mind the nerds who will want to play with a system like that.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I don't like them at all.

I think of these "babies."

Tourists in 100+ degrees haven't a clue why everyone drops from heat exhaustion in a single block, or runs in opposite direction to avoid...

A ha!

It's an array to project 3d "subjective" objects so everyone will have to run and buy new pants.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JKF1897

These are not cameras or recording devices-To me they appear to be detour signs of some sort. They are installed for eye-level viewing it appears for passing vehicular traffic. Cameras would not be placed that low, and placing audio recording devices on what appears to be a heavily traveled road such as the OP's picture shows would be useless as background noise would crush the recordings.

Ummmm....

The system is “also capable of recording conversations,” according to a report by ABC 7.

Even on the intellistreets site they advertise a "push to talk system" and "wireless transceiver". Why would they advertise these features if it had no audio recording capability?

Better yet, why would DHS be interested in these systems is it was a simple detour sign?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
Wow, this is really spooky.

I'm totally going to piss on the first one that I see. One that is reachable for my stream anyway.

Carrying around a stepladder wouldn't be inconspicuous now would it
CRAP i was really worrie that my tax payer dollars were for naught.
WHAT A RELIEF

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

The central shield symbol threw me at first because it seemed like an interstate highway sign but had those extra tips across the top.

What I found is that it is a composite symbol made up of this...

Nested in this...

So it seems likely to me that they are some sort of feature that is supposed to reflect information for federal and state highway systems.

It looks to me like the thing is sporting three different LED fields for displaying information.

Seems the most direct route to an answer would be to call the Nevada highway folks, whomever they may be.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Originally posted by whyamIhere
They already have a small black camera on every traffic light in America....

Those little 'cameras' detect the white strobe lights on emergency vehicles and turn the entire intersection red or turn the signal in the direction the emergency vehicle is moving green.
edit on 5/16/2013 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

Not saying you are wrong.

A strobe and a sensor are pretty close to the same thing.

Until you bust one open...Don't be to sure.

I can watch my wife drive home from work with the stuff they let us see.

I have no proof...Just another wild conspiracy.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The sign looks like the back of a hatchback with the back opened, indicating this is a checkpoint, prepare to be searched...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by coastlinekid
reply to post by seabag

The sign looks like the back of a hatchback with the back opened, indicating this is a checkpoint, prepare to be searched...

If that's the case it should just say "Show me your papers".

I went at looked at one of our local signs that lights up your current speed.

They are tiny compared to this. It could be a roadside drug sniffer.

They exist... Please search it. They do it openly in Texas.
edit on 16-5-2013 by whyamIhere because: spelling

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

CAN YOU SAY 1984 Thought Crimes ! EavesDropping !!

OMG Aldous Huxleys Brave New World ! George Orwells 1984 !! Philip K Dicks Minority Report

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Obviously meant to monitor and direct people/traffic in a crisis(DHS) event. Direct people where? Who knows, Is there a sports stadium nearby?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I just realized why Vegas?

Because Eric and the DOJ ,Whitehouse,dhs,and irs realized cloakrooms are for pansies.

All the politicians are in Vegas.

Where else can they get everyone of their vices in one place?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Um.. eavesdrop on who?

Seems a rather pointless place to put a eavesdropping device. You are going to get what.. a few seconds of snippets of conversations from passing people? Ever walked on the side streets in Vegas? No one hangs around and chats, not outdoors.. on a hot street.

Looks as folks said, like a digital info road sign, nothing more.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I just emailed a picture to my Dad who works as civil Engineer for city of Las Vegas.
He will dig deeper for us.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I just emailed a picture to my Dad who works as civil Engineer for city of Las Vegas.
He will dig deeper for us.

Very nice!

I'm curious if he's seen or heard of these and what he will have to say.

Please check back in!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Um.. eavesdrop on who?

Seems a rather pointless place to put a eavesdropping device. You are going to get what.. a few seconds of snippets of conversations from passing people? Ever walked on the side streets in Vegas? No one hangs around and chats, not outdoors.. on a hot street.

Looks as folks said, like a digital info road sign, nothing more.

Digital road signs that transmit audio (and probably video) wirelessly, record conversations, broadcast audio messages, and were designed with input from DHS rather than DOT? Sounds like there is nothing strange here!! DHS is always concerned about traffic in Vegas, Chicago and Detroit, right?

edit on 16-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

Good deal, hopefully Dad can fill us in

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join