It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Faces Lawsuit After Stealing 60 Million Medical Records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.courthousenews.com...

"This is an action involving the corruption and abuse of power by several Internal Revenue Service ('IRS') agents (collectively referred to as 'defendants' herein) during a raid of John Doe Company, in the Southern District of California, on March 11, 2011," the complaint states. "In a case involving solely a tax matter involving a former employee of the company, these agents stole more than 60,000,000 medical records of more than 10,000,000 Americans, including at least 1,000,000 Californians.

This is from Courthouse news which only shows what kind of lawsuits are filed and not necessarily the validity of the suit itself. However, this particular lawsuit should be exposed and if there is wrong doing then who ever ordered the medical records to be stolen should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

"While executing the warrant, the defendants seized personal mobile phones, including all the data and information on those phones, without any employing the proper and procedurally correct screening methods to protect private and privileged information, all of which was completely unapproved by the search warrant."
The IRS' data theft was so enormous it affects "roughly one out of every twenty-five adult American citizens," the complaint states.

"While executing the warrant, the defendants seized personal mobile phones, including all the data and information on those phones, without any employing the proper and procedurally correct screening methods to protect private and privileged information, all of which was completely unapproved by the search warrant." The IRS' data theft was so enormous it affects "roughly one out of every twenty-five adult American citizens," the complaint states.

I personally would like to see a consumption tax or just about any other system than the one in place now.

When a person is audited you are guilty until you can prove you are innocent; which usually means a lawyer and about $25,000 in defending yourself........ if what I have read is correct.
edit on 16-5-2013 by 727Sky because: content added

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

These lawsuits are amazing to me. Seriously, so where if this even happens would the funds go? To the Families who's medical records were stolen? Highly unlikely
When these lawsuits occur who retains the funds they pull from the IRS? Some over stuffed, pig, pocket lined foundation?

I've never seen anything "Good" Happen when lawsuits happen like this.... Just add it to our growing deficit~ Way to go America.

Now if i'm off key hear please inform me so I can adjust my views, if you can show me a time where lawsuits like this happen and the money retained is given to the families, please do so. If not this is just garbage and the next words out of my mouth will break T&C so i'm out~

pease

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Thanks for the share! I see you'd come to reading CHN as well.
It's a great site for just catching the raw activity in and out of the U.S. Courts, eh?

As for why these lawsuits are necessary? They run all the time against Federal agencies for one thing or another. Much of your police abuse procedure and regulation, came from lawsuits when it went too far, for instance. The EPA wins some and loses some. but gets their wings clipped occasionally as well.

We have three equal branches to the United States Government. Legislative (Congress), Executive (President) and Judicial (Courts). They are equal...100% equal. However much some in power would wish that fact just vanished and was never given thought again.

The powers of the 3rd, judicial, are VERY serious in taking action. That's tempered in our system by the lack of initiative given them by the Constitution. They can DO a lot, but they cannot start that action. Citizens must bring it to them and initiate the process. Usually in civil court. Usually by law suit. Then the 3rd Branch can do it's job of checking and balancing.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Did you miss the part where the medical records were taken? Sometimes crime can only be brought to light by the filling of a lawsuit. No one disagrees that frivolous lawsuits are a waste of time and money. So, how would you recommend bringing wrong doing with the accompanying prosecution of the perps to light especially when dealing with the IRS?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I totally caught that.... I think I got to heated before posting it.... Honestly, I don't know. I know and understand the different branches of legislation and the order in which situations are dealt... I just jumped to the end result fast...

That 's my fault.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

The fed Govt and the IRS have been crooks for years now. Nothing surprises me anymore, and that is sad to say.

The rampant abuse of power by both is disgusting and criminal.

When will enough be enough??

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is a criminal offense. Those agents and their superiors need to be arrested, tried, convicted and sentenced to very long prison terms in a supermax.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Oh, now I don't know about Supermax. We have real criminals to put in those places, don't we? Robbers and Murderers and Child Molesters. You know....guys who deserve a dungeon cell at Florence.

I have a better idea. These guys are pencil pushing little pin.s, right? So, give them plenty of paper to push. There are thousands of doctors offices around the nation with millions of record files, all still on paper. Give them each 10-15 years of typing medical forms into computer records.

They wanted medical files so badly? Give them some. A lifetime's worth. It all needs done by someone ...why not them?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I suprised you didnt add this OP but I'm pretty sure that Obama said something about this on the raduo this morning. Saying it is unacceptable, especially froma power such as the IRS.

This makes me wonder though, were they caught out?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

60 million independent charges of HIPAA violations, each one carries up to $10,000.00 fines according to US law.

So who comes after the IRS when they cannot afford to pay their $6 trillion dollar settlement?

we all know they will get away with it, if a private comapany did this; they would be bancrupt and imprissioned.

"the hypocracy of this democracy" - Chris Rock

God Bless,

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by 727Sky

60 million independent charges of HIPAA violations, each one carries up to $10,000.00 fines according to US law.

So who comes after the IRS when they cannot afford to pay their $6 trillion dollar settlement?

we all know they will get away with it, if a private comapany did this; they would be bancrupt and imprissioned.

"the hypocracy of this democracy" - Chris Rock

God Bless,

If a company violates HIPAA it is bigger than 'big' and the fines you quoted on the books are just the beginning....unless you are to big to jail....I suppose?

top topics

join