It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Satellite Image: Help Needed

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames
...Free time - money to burn are just some questions.. Seeing these circles wasn't on google earth prior to 2006, i think this farmer was EXTREMELY busy for 6 years driving in circles, and creating an almost Nazca look on the other side! I think the google image is from 2012?

Yep.
Mine says "Imagery Date: 12/6/2012".

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Ta!

As soon, and if the youtube poster comes back to me, i will put whatever he says here.

It irritates me when people always says "it is so!" but don't provide proof, even when they know the source where it originated from. So, now i must take his word: a farmer drove in circles to collect water run-off. Not arguing it is not so, but, i have to see what he has seen.

For some things in life, we have to take someone's word. But, that youtube debunker knows that farmer, so, no excuses

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

...his word: a farmer drove in circles to collect water run-off. Not arguing it is not so, but, i have to see what he has seen.

Not seeing the land, personally - I have no idea. Maybe it's an ingenious idea... Maybe not.
I wonder what the water is to be used for? Does he have no wells? Is he wanting to use it for irrigation purposes? Does he have cattle or livestock?
If he's wanting to use it for crops...how's he going to get the water from these many locations...to the crops?
You'd think he'd already be working on a method of transport (you'd think we would be able to see some evidence of it...by now)...
Here is one of the pics I posted before...that highlights some other....uhh...questionable features...
The first is unaltered -- The second highlights some of the features...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Over to the left of the spirals, once you zoom out to the point that you could almost see the white area to the left as the beak of a bird, say, you'll see a couple of other white patches....the second one straight out from the beak reads "Rooivioer" which I googled and found NOTHING on the web, but you can see an apparent artificial structure - and none too small - on the rim. A "U" shape. What might that be?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

They would argue it was made by the tractor & plough. Those highlighted features are huge. I have absolutely no idea what that could be. Many have accepted it is a farmer on a tractor and plough. I don't know the first thing about farming, but I don't see what is being farmed there. That is a huge area.

@Nirvana999: there's a few places that looks like structures. The "U" one i have no idea either. To me it looks like a man made dam, or natural?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'm not really sure on this,
Seems it could be some form of crop irrigation (which makes sense) as there are some small reservoirs nearby.

I would rule out center-pivot irrigation, I'm familiar with those... and this does not look like what I know from the western US dry states. Could it be some sort of flood - style irrigation for crops relying on runoff?
If so... and if it works, it could be a brilliant concept.

Found one picture that was supposedly taken in that area:
Here

Sorry for not imbedding that picture... maybe someone else can help on that end.

Very interesting, whatever it is.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
I'm not really sure on this,
Seems it could be some form of crop irrigation (which makes sense) as there are some small reservoirs nearby.
...I would rule out center-pivot irrigation, I'm familiar with those... and this does not look like what I know from the western US dry states. Could it be some sort of flood - style irrigation for crops relying on runoff?
...If so... and if it works, it could be a brilliant concept.
...Found one picture that was supposedly taken in that area:
Here
...Sorry for not imbedding that picture... maybe someone else can help on that end.
...Very interesting, whatever it is.

Nice find on the pic'.
As you say - If it works - maybe a brilliant concept.
How did you identify this picture as "taken in that area"?
Also - any idea what kind/s of crops would rely on runoff?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Wan -
Found it by some googling the word combinations.. my technique is proprietary.

Here is the full thread from another board, and it seems that this one here came about around the same time as this was floating back there. Long URL linky... here

The only reason I'd place that there, is speculation.... relying on other persons eyes might not be the right thing to do in that case, but.... it's more than our ATS boots on the ground.
Take it for what it is worth, my friend.

HTH
T-

edit on 13/5/16 by telemetry because: added some things -

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
...Found it by some googling the word combinations.. my technique is proprietary.

Proprietary technique, no less!
Wish I had one of those...

Best regards.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by telemetry

looking thought the other photos from the one you posted you can see a few others from this area.. looks like the photographer is a cross country off road motorcyclist.
imageshack.us...
could this one be from inside one of the rings?
imageshack.us...
imageshack.us...

abu01's imageshack
edit on 5/17/2013 by bladdersweat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Fine, I will concede. Chris Kleynhans (the man who said he knows the farmer) came back to me with an answer after I asked him to share a close up pic.

His responses:

Go to the Facebook page of Michael Tellinger. Somebody posted pics from the ground. (I am gonna search for those pics later in the day)

"Another thing. If you go to Google Earth and look at this carefully you will notice a few farm dams there, designed to catch the water and you will also notice some buildings next to them. They are interlinked to the spirals. The spirals are very sharply defined and there is no way that they could all have appeared due to erosion in one blow. Also, some of the spirals are older and overgrown (their purpose actually) and some are newly made. An experiment that worked, that is why!!!"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Fine, I will concede. Chris Kleynhans (the man who said he knows the farmer) came back to me with an answer after I asked him to share a close up pic.
..."...An experiment that worked, that is why!!!"

Hey - concessions are fine. Not like you had anything bet on it.
I do, though question his last statement - - - How could we know that the experiment worked from one (or two) picturee?
The only pictures I saw of these spirals in the ground, showed nothing that would suggest success. Doesn't mean they were failures - just that, at the time the pictures were taken, they were virtually as dry and "barren" as the surrounding landscape.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bladdersweat

Hi bladdersweet,

No, those photos were taken in Loeries which is in the Western Cape Here

Distance between them is around 700-800km or about 450 miles from the area.

reply to post by WanDash

Yeah, and i can't find the photos he is talking about. I will add the link i could find he was referring to on that Facebook page. It's not on FB, but an external link. I know many people are wary of FB.

Gallery

I don't see any photos of the farm itself. But, i am not gonna argue on Tube as even the original uploader inboxed me and said she believes him. Her channel, so i said thank you and bye-bye

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

...Yeah, and i can't find the photos he is talking about...
...I don't see any photos of the farm itself. But, i am not gonna argue on Tube as even the original uploader inboxed me and said she believes him. Her channel, so i said thank you and bye-bye

Maybe the farmer is growing some incredibly expensive crop...that only requires a few plants (yields) to make the operation profitable... .... ?
I don't know ---- but ---- That's an AWFUL LOT OF WORK and ground covered and time and energy and diesel...if it hasn't shown to be productive, yet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join