It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Satellite Image: Help Needed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Originally posted by Mamatus
You are correct about it being related to farming. They use a motorized irrigation system that spins in a circle.

Center Pivot irrigation

Seconded. You can find these kind of crops a lot of places on Google Earth.

No it's not that..

Here is a close up:

And this one is in between top two pictures:

edit on 5/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

It is just strange. I am not saying aliens, at all, but strange. Man, i hate being so curious!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Could it simply be someones idea of art? Looking at the closeup it does not appear to be an efficient way to harvest salt. Or it could be the Aliens talking to their Star Cousins due to some type of communications breakdown. where is Alex Collier when you need him?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaelemJames

It is just strange. I am not saying aliens, at all, but strange. Man, i hate being so curious!

I think it's "Art" trying to explain something that happened, or to get something to happen again..

Makes me think of this:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Man made according to some posts on this video.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: Fixed YT link

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Youtube comment: Christiaan Kleynhans

"If you look at Google Earth pictures of 2006 and prior, you will notice that there are no ditches present, only a few dams. So this is very much modern day and man made. I even know the name of the farmer but I have to protect his privacy. These ditches work very well and had a significant effect of improvement on the grazing on that farm.

Why people want to turn this into a fantasy and thereby damage the reputation of those that do serious research is beyond my grasp. (Chris Kleynhans)
"

"Verneukpan is very flat and is therefore a favourite among those that want to break land speed records. Due to the flat terrain and the slight slope of the pan, all precipitation that falls there runs of flat and too fast for it to benefit the grazing and vegetation significantly. The farmer that owns the land on which the spirals that you see is situated, took a tractor and used a plough to make deep spiralshape ditches with the intention of catching the water run-off."

Sounds reasonable.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I'd say it's related to mining. Probably alluvial diamond mining. They mine a spiral surface layer sending all the dirt back to the plant to be sifted and they keep track of which spiral each load of dirt came from and when they start finding diamonds they go back to that spiral and start their open pit mine.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Damn guess we are back to farming. So much for aliens......

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

second that!

or, maybe that guy on tube is disinfo agent

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Really cool - regardless of the source.
Whether it's modern-man-made, ancient-man-made, alien-made or made to simply cause a stir...it is intriguing.
Stimulates the mind to solve the riddle/s.
As others have noted and demonstrated...it's more (or less?) than quarrying, mining, farming, irrigating... And, if it was someone's idea of art or a joke -- gotta commend them for the amount of time involved.
As you can see in the pic' below...there's more to it than spirals & circles.

And if you follow the lines/markings north (from the apparent apex of the 'triangle'), you'll see these kinds of patterns...that extend even further to the northwest (and maybe elsewhere).

edit on 5/16/2013 by WanDash because: the nth degree

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Well you are right... it wasn't the kind of farming that I thought it was... very interesting.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
almost looks like nazca lines right next to the circles.

Imageshack
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

...this "Chris Kleynhans" is posting the same comment on other videos about the salt pan circles as well. I asked him now why is he going after the Verneukpan videos and saying the same thing. It is as if he is going after this in a disinfo way.

Do you realize how much time it would require to do all this?
It isn't just the circles... Look at how the lines of the triangle were formed...(with many smaller lines).
If you go north of this (and, possibly in all/many directions), there are large swaths of the terrain revealing these same sort/s of lines... In some regards, it could resemble historic marks of agricultural efforts...but, in other regards, it does not.
Here is an overview of the area northwest (if you look closely, these lines...or, similar lines, are a continuation of those in and around the subject area of the OP)...
The first picture is an overview of the area...

The next picture is a medium zoom-in on the area...

The next picture is a closer-zoom on the area...

And this picture is an overview of what I was showing, and how/where it relates to the circles highlighted in the OP...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Youtube comment: Christiaan Kleynhans

"If you look at Google Earth pictures of 2006 and prior, you will notice that there are no ditches present, only a few dams. So this is very much modern day and man made. I even know the name of the farmer but I have to protect his privacy. These ditches work very well and had a significant effect of improvement on the grazing on that farm.

Why people want to turn this into a fantasy and thereby damage the reputation of those that do serious research is beyond my grasp. (Chris Kleynhans)
"

"Verneukpan is very flat and is therefore a favourite among those that want to break land speed records. Due to the flat terrain and the slight slope of the pan, all precipitation that falls there runs of flat and too fast for it to benefit the grazing and vegetation significantly. The farmer that owns the land on which the spirals that you see is situated, took a tractor and used a plough to make deep spiralshape ditches with the intention of catching the water run-off."

Sounds reasonable.

Actually after watching the video no it doesn't sound reasonable at all. If you were to do that the spiral ends would point into a center runoff not in all directions... for one thing. Are you sure this story is not put out just to keep the nosy from going there?
edit on 16-5-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I agree.

I asked the guy (Kleynhans) if he can get close up pics seeing he knows the man (or the name of the farmer) who made these circles

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

I agree.

I asked the guy (Kleynhans) if he can get close up pics seeing he knows the man (or the name of the farmer) who made these circles.

So - what kind of farmer has time to do something like this?
The one thing, however, that I observed about the "lines" pointed to in my last post, was...if you were growing A LOT of grapes (for wine, presumably)...you might have a reason to take your rows as long as shown in those pictures. And...at least in some of the southwestern states of the US, certain desert climates & soils are conducive to such an enterprise.
What are the odds that "Kleynhans" will reply to you?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

He did reply the first time after i told him he seems anxious cause he is posting the same comment on other videos related to this.

His reply was "if i have an agenda" "if i don't want him to expose a fraud" (talking about the original uploader of the video)

I told him i don't believe it is ET but i would appreciate to see a close up pic. But, as usual one has others who will tell one that we must accept and be thankful that he "explained" it.

I want to see proof, close up.

I know there are 2 couples that traveled the 1000km to these circles. I am hoping they come back with some photos/footage.

Here is the channel of those whom arrived there yesterday. Keeping my eye on that channel. Verneukpan Sirkels means Verneukpan Circles.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: grammar

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

...He did reply the first time after i told him he seems anxious cause he is posting the same comment on other videos related to this.
...His reply was "if i have an agenda" "if i don't want him to expose a fraud" (talking about the original uploader of the video)
...I told him i don't believe it is ET but i would appreciate to see a close up pic. But, as usual one has others who will tell one that we must accept and be thankful that he "explained" it.
...I want to see proof, close up.
...I know there are 2 couples that traveled the 1000km to these circles. I am hoping they come back with some photos/footage.

Thanks for the info, and for bringing this to our/my attention. I love scouring Google Earth for anomalies and otherwise interesting stuff.
Another thought -
While I already questioned the farmer's "free time"...there is also the question of "money to burn". Maybe he (the farmer) has earned (or inherited) so much that he no longer has to concern himself with profitability...but - if he was using some mechanized farm equipment...a lot of diesel fuel is represented in those "circles & such".

Thanks for the links. Hope to keep up with this!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Free time - money to burn are just some questions.. Seeing these circles wasn't on google earth prior to 2006, i think this farmer was EXTREMELY busy for 6 years driving in circles, and creating an almost Nazca look on the other side! I think the google image is from 2012?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join