It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men who are physically strong are more likely to have right wing political views

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So metro-sexual guys with lots of goo in their hair and who don't like to kill spiders tend to vote Democrat and Texas cowboy types who wear blue jeans and/or work on ranches tend to vote Republican? Okay ... I can see that.

Well, I consider myself part of the progressive left. I wear jeans, don't fuss over my hair, and I'm not a [snipped]. Plus, I'm one of the few libs who supports gun ownership 100%.

It isn't really easy to categorize people by looks.
edit on Fri May 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: profanity snipped

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I guess I would think this true on a purely tribal level.

In the old times of hunter gatherer the strong would be taking care of things for themselves and their families. Whereas the weak would have to be taken care of.

So I could see the propensity towards conservatism and the belief in hard work for the strong and the gimme gimme attitude of the liberal Democrats for the weak.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The things that a University is willing to waste money on!

There is probably little to no correlation between body size and political views - and why a university would even waste research funding on such an enterprise could only adequately be explained by their having political interests.

I find democrats are the ones more likely to "explain" the "inexplicable" moral and political views of conservatives with the help of "science". With democrats, its fully understandable that they have eclipsed the biologically imposed limitations of primitive evolutionary psychology. They have graduated to the humanistic understanding of "reciprocal altruism" - the psychologically evolved understanding that people need to compromise in order to flourish. But why don't conservatives think this way!? They must be operating along tribal ways of thinking: my way or no way. Therefore, there must also be some connection between their physical bodies, the occupations chosen, past times enjoyed, and sundry factors, and their political views.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Regardless of where one falls on the political spectrum, I will leave you with these words: "Stronger people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe.

Now go get under the bar.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banananananana
Regardless of where one falls on the political spectrum, I will leave you with these words: "Stronger people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe.

Now go get under the bar.

But, weaker people are usually smarter than stronger people.

It's an evolutionary thing. Weak had to develop more intelligence to avoid being dominated by strong.

If the weak hadn't developed greater intelligence, the strong would have wiped them out long ago.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Banananananana

Hahaha ! Really? So shooting a muscle bound, knuckle dragging halfwit in the head with a long gun wont kill him? I think not. Being strong is no defense against chemical, biological, and nuclear weapons, drone strikes, thermobaric detonations, shrapnel, severed arteries, brain cancer, or being run over by a big rig. Or being attacked by a small man with a terrifying level of understanding of the human body and its many mortal weaknesses.

Smarts, the ability to apply strength in an optimal fashion, to great effect, the ability to use an oppponents strengths against him, the ability to strategise and remain safe, these keep people alive far more often than does a minimum hour on the bench every evening. A big dead man, is no more alive than a small one. A smart live man however, who seperates his time wisely between the requirements of a functional body, and a sharp mind? Those things keep people alive.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

It's fallacious to assume both are mutual exclusive. Simply exercising one aspect of both paradigms leaves the individual lesser than the sum. If you read between the lines of my post, you will come to understand why it's imperative to make yourself stronger, regardless of political affiliation, or lack thereof. Keep in mind, strength is not simply physical, weight training and load bearing exercises build these other traits in spades.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
that explains why the left is so power hungry!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You would be wise to read my response to Squealer.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Wonder where they get these ideas? I'm not sure it's fair to accuse all the muscle bound Jug-heads of the world of being Republicans. Perhaps the classic comparisons and correlation of brawn indicative of minimal brain activity, is inaccurate and stereotypical?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

I don't think it is "power hungry" as much as fearful of what the conservatives are going to do if they gain power. Think of the left as Batman, to your right handed Joker. Is it really power Batman wants or does he just not want The Joker in charge?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter

Really?

Are Anarchists power hungry? Wouldn't that be a bit of a contradiction?

Those people in power are not left-wing, they are power hungry authoritarians, just like ALL politicians, right or "left". The left in politics now is really not left-wing at all, it's liberal right wing. You have all been conditioned to support the right wing, which is historically the establishment.

They change their spots whenever they think it will gain them more power.

By the true meaning of left and right, a power seeking authoritarian would be most assuredly on the right, regardless of what they call themselves, or any one else calls them. Right and left are not labels you call yourself, it is a measurement of authority. An authoritarian could call themselves left-wing, but it doesn't make it so. It's what you do, not what you want to be known as. What people do does not define a term.

edit on 5/17/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You left out mentally weak:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Lol. Wonder what children are labeled then because they have more energy then 10 adults combined. Oh wait, this is about being physically strong.. Meaning a weight lifter for the Olympics is more likely to have a right wing view? WTF kind of computer are they generating these statistics and study's from? This can't be real. This story is so stupid I regret even having the urge to respond to it. Which sucks even more now that I posted!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Ha Ha really so nuckle dragging brutes that like to pick things up and put them down are more likely to have a right wing view...that's hilarious, I guess you could say they like to use all their muscles except the one that really counts....I'm kidding of course, and I don't buy this story either.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I find it to be the exact opposite. I own a construction company and am a bodybuilder and have found, without exception, everyone I run into in both worlds to be liberal.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

As a Reminder...........

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
And since You are responsible for your own posts., expect post removals and possible temporary Posting Bans if you continue to ignore the above messages.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Typically.

Everyone I know at the gym pretty much shares the same political views, mostly unbeknownst to the majority of them.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor
Men who aren't physically strong are pointless.

Yeah, Stephen Hawking is worthless. And Gandhi. And Churchill. Oh!, don't forget Einstein, boy was he a waste of oxygen.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join