It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's 'official' - "Maria Divine Mercy' is a Fraud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The Slovakian Conference of Bishops have issued the declaration. The last part of the official church document issued by the Slovakian Conference of Bishops makes it VERY CLEAR ... 'Maria Divine Mercy' is a fraud, and is in heresy. She calls for schism. She's either making these 'messages' up herself or is listening to false spirits who wish to pull apart the church. According to the official church document - anyone who pushes these false messages is working against the Church and against God Himself.

Maria Divine Mercy officially declared HERETICAL by Slovakian Conference of Bishops - May 9, 2013

All believers, who perhaps out of ignorance began to believe the messages mentioned, and please urge them to leave these heretical teachings and not spread them.

On this matter, I was obliged, in order to highlight the purity of Catholic faith, obedience and unity with the Holy Father, and for the sake of salvation of your souls.

dedicated to Lord V + Sečka Stephen, Bishop of Spis

Information on the Maria Divine Mercy Deception

Statement by Archbishop Denis J. Hart of Melbourne Australia in reference to the false seer 'Maria Divine Mercy' -

Spirit Daily Article

"Maria Divine Mercy is an Irish woman who claims to be a prophetess who asserts she receives messages and visions from Jesus and Mary, especially about the end times and the end of the world. She claimed that she had predicted that Pope Benedict would be forced to resign, and that Pope Francis is an impostor.

"We are informed that some people are circulating these alleged messages, together with holy pictures. Please inform your people that these matters do not have the approval of the Church, and their dissemination is to be discontinued, and any message or leaflets are to be disposed of. The Archbishop believes that he must give authoritative guidance in this matter. [signed]--Alina Tsakonas, Personal Assistant, Office of the Vicar General.

A Closer Look at the False Prophecies of "Maria Divine Mercy" by Dr. Mark Miravalle

- 1. The assertion that Pope Benedict XVI was the “last true Pope on earth” and “the next Pope” will be the “False Prophet”
- 2. A form of the heresy known as Millenarianism is present in several instances of the alleged messages
- 3. Denial of the importance of Church evaluation of alleged message
- 4. Alleged seer’s refusal to identify and present herself to local Church authority for appropriate Church theological, psychological and scientific evaluation, while at the same time internationally distributing alleged messages via the internet and printed texts.
- 5. Theological errors
- 6. Unfulfilled dated prediction of the “Warning” to have happened within “a few months” after May 31, 2011.
- 7. Absence of the authentic Christian fruits of spiritual peace, joy, and trust, and charity; and, in their place, manifestations of greater fear, anxiety, and dominant negativity

National Catholic Register - 9 Things you Need to Know about Maria Divine Mercy

edit on 5/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's a sad day when the "Church" has to come out and tell it's members that one of their own, someone who claims that they have talked with Jesus, is a fraud.

While promoting the idea of a personal relationship with Jesus,some of those who claim one are heretics. I wonder how many Catholics who find inspiration in this woman's channelings will abandon her, or will it create more schism and division among it's members.

I know of only one member here who has posted her writings, but I never saw this Maria person as anything more than deluded and self absorbed. I never really paid much attention to her or gave her any credibility. But I never perceived anything that she said as harmful to the church or the Catholic Faith. The only harm that I can see affecting the church is troublesome and annoying question members may pose to their priests regarding her claims and predictions.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Did you ever think that maybe she has not committed fraud but the event failed for some reason? I view end time prophecies as not happening in any particular order and that they will repeat until filled and we are at that point now. I think someone has let Jesus and others down but is working to fix this mess.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's a sad day when the "Church" has to come out and tell it's members that one of their own, someone who claims that they have talked with Jesus, is a fraud.

The church maintains the credibility of saints and people who claim visions or messages from Jesus or Mary by carefully and conclusively investigating such claims and refuting anyone who isn't proven to be real. Things like Fatima or Lourdes are claimed to be valid miracles and stand out from scammers or the deluded, who claim that Jesus is on a piece of toast or a statue that is found to condense water due to broken pipes is really crying or bleeding.

The Roman Catholic Church maintains an office associated with these investigations. Here is an article on how they investigate miracles associated with saints: How Does the Vatican Decide What's a Miracle?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I understand. But how many believers claim to have heard the voice of the lord in something mundane, like a drop of water, a dream, a private message that had profound meaning to the believer?

Having been raised in a Pentecostal church, I am used to hearing people's personal revelations as testimony. Messages are often given in tongues during service and followed up with a spontanious translation, that the congregation usually accepts as a divine message from the Holy Spirit.

These kinds of churches don't typically examine these kinds of events to determine if God really spoke to them or not. They expect God to speak to them. If there is a conflict of doctrine, there's usually another message, maybe from a new person this time, to clear things up. LOL

I understand that this Maria Divine Mercy has accused the Vatican of some shady deals, so I can see why they would want to silence her. But given the state of the church politics, many Catholics may believe her claims of Vatican collusion to be true and see their attacks against her as some kind of proof that she's right. Don't you think?

edit on 16-5-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I know of only one member here who has posted her writings, but I never saw this Maria person as anything more than deluded and self absorbed.

Yep. Here .. and a few other chat sites ... there are a handful who have been promoting her 'messages' as if they were authentic. They did that while at the same time screaming that those of us who have been stating she's obviously false are somehow working against God.

Even though you and I could easily see this 'seer' as the fraud she is, it's 'official'.

People like this are dangerous.
People who push these false prophets are doing more harm than good.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Did you ever think that maybe she has not committed fraud but the event failed for some reason?

No.
Her 'messages' are full of things that are completely contradictory to the faith and to scripture.
There was absolutely no way she's authentic. Not a chance. It was really obvious.
Now the church has spoken so those who were pushing her 'messages' will know that if
they continue to do so, they will be working against the church and (allegedly) against God.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I understand that this Maria Divine Mercy has accused the Vatican of some shady deals, so I can see why they would want to silence her.

Actually, she called for schism in the Catholic church. And she said that Pope Benedict would be the last authentic pope and that Pope Francis isn't an authentic pope. These, and other messages she's given, directly contradict Catholicism and the Christian faith in general. She's spouting heresy left and right. So the church making a formal announcment that she's a fraud isn't because she supposedly outted the Vatican .. it's because of the bad theology she claims is from God.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

One fraud calling out another fraud = The pot calling the kettle black.
There is hardly a bigger fraud on earth than the Vatican themselves. An ancient and perpetual fraud at that.

IMHO, of course.

edit on 5/16/2013 by Klassified because: clarity

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

The difference is that this woman is claiming to be a prophet, to lead and influence others with the messages that she says came from God, but which have been proven to be false. If her prophecies are false, it is incumbent on the church to reject them and warn others against them.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nice to see the church officially catching up.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

The Catholic Church takes it's time with these things. Fully investigates.
The church had to do an investigation before it could make an 'official' statement.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The church had to do an investigation before it could make an 'official' statement.

Or, you could check her against the Word of God like the Bereans did.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Or, you could check her against the Word of God like the Bereans did.

That would be the end of catholicism if they did that.

top topics

join