It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Official: Suspect indicates Boston attack was retribution

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
It seems they have discovered a note written in the inside wall of the boat the Boston Marathon Bombing suspect was hiding in the night he was captured. The story claims he had written the note claiming responsibility and explaining a reason for the attack. The reason (according to sources) was retribution for the U.S. bombings of Muslim people in Afghanistan. One of the quotes was, "..an attack against one Muslim is an attack against all of them".

WCVB News Source

The story also mentions bullet holes in the hull of the boat, indicating the police did fire live rounds upon the boat that night, against orders to use non-lethal rounds. THAT should be a separate investigation IMO....as I CLEARLY heard the order myself that night on the scanner

edit on 16-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
CNN is also reporting it

CNN REPORT ON NOTE

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Seems like he thought he was going to die (a good assumption - and he was very lucky he chose a strong-hulled boat to hide within or he would have been boxed) and gave a "Muslims" thumbs-up in writing. So all he did was write a confession, give motive, and sign his death warrant. And yeah, that little kid needed to die for the USA's crimes in Afghanistan, and the people who lost their legs sure had a lot to do with the war. What an idiot, and he will either be given the needle or be put away like Charles Manson for the next fifty years.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
They claim he also referred to the people killed and injured in Boston as "collateral damage". This was in comparison to his claim of innocents being killed by U.S. bombs in Afghanistan. So, it seems, in his mind, Muslims everywhere should be at war with the United States, wherever they are. I would love to hear the other side of this discussion from some of the Muslim population here at ATS. I ask this for a reasoned discussion, with no name calling or other T&C violations. Any of those that I see here will be immediately alerted to the Mods for handling the posts and posters as they see fit.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed spelling and other fat-finger errors

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

SO they didn't find this "magically" appeared note when they captured him?

I mean, if you catch a guy hiding in a boat, i would want to search the entire area for ANYTHING... weapons, tools, notes.

What a sucky forensics team.

I would not be surprised if this note was planted for some agenda.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA
CNN is also reporting it

CNN REPORT ON NOTE

That's a good indication that the story is a lie.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Right...They had a bullet ridden boat for a month and they just now report there was a note.....hmmmmm...

What's wrong with this story?

They also found empty beer cans strewn all over the inside of the boat indicating the suspect wanted to get drunk while he was bleeding and writing his farewell notes. Whoops..seems as if those beer cans were left over from the owner of the boat, after a day out of heavy drinking and fishing....Now go and do justice and arrest that boat owner for BUI....

Ridiculous.....

???

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
My better sense tells me that the note is disinformation.

But a lot of people love to buy this garbage.

Just like Adam Lanza popped off a couple hundred rounds and hit 26 people 3-11 times with very few missed shots and all in just a few minutes. He could not even lift the gear.

next
edit on 16-5-2013 by nobeattles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

They had no time to continue searching the area...

They were gearing up for their next round of shots.

At the bar.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I call it BS

Reminds me of (9/11 and the mysterious undamaged passport finding out of billions of tons of dust and rubbles).

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The US kills civilians indiscriminately every day all over the world. If it happens to us occasionally, we really hadn't oughta bitch. The score is still massively lop-sided in our favor. Taste-of-one's-own-medicine and whatnot. Not a popular opinion I'm sure to find out, but an undeniable observation of simple math.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
and the entire topic is lost in a
slew of ignorance and slobbering.

who couldnt see that happening...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

I mean, if you catch a guy hiding in a boat, i would want to search the entire area for ANYTHING... weapons, tools, notes.

I'm not saying this is fact, but, is it not possible that this information was leaked now that the prosecution has enough evidence to convict? So, releasing now will subliminally taint the witness pool in their favor without being charged with tampering (it is a "leak").

For all we know, the forensics team found this once they had the boat in their possession. And, if you know anything about forensics, you know these folks DO NOT release this info in an ongoing case. That would be career suicide. So, blaming the forensics team IMO is an unfair accusation on your part.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
So lets say this note is fake, what is the agenda?

It is calling for the Muslim community to go to war, help give the MIC a few more jobs in the meat grinder. Any other possible motives?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
So lets say this note is fake, what is the agenda?

It is calling for the Muslim community to go to war, help give the MIC a few more jobs in the meat grinder. Any other possible motives?

It could be any number of things, such as:

Justification for not reducing the military/DHS spending for the "sequester"?
Spread more FUD regarding "the menace among us" with the U.S. population (or the world)?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Not condoning what the bombers did but when the so called 'note' states retaliation for what the US is doing in Afghanistan and not discovered until sometime later you have to say...hmmmm. As for the note, it sounds to be about as legitimate as a $3 dollar note.

However, it's sad that from the US peoples point of view that it's OK to kill innocent men, women and children there but just not those in the US for what the US is doing globally.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are totally illegal but since it's the US and for resources it's blessed by the UN. Then to go use a drone and murder a wedding party and call it collateral damage even though there were no Taliban there is fine too.

It's called reaping what you sow. It's very sad that an innocent child was killed but then again tell that to all the innocent children in Afghanistan and Iraq I'm sure they will say it was OK that you murdered them. Sooner or later you have to pay the piper and if you don't want Muslims blowing up people in the US then stop blowing them up first.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
and the entire topic is lost in a
slew of ignorance and slobbering.

who couldnt see that happening...

Why wouldn't we question the OS? It seems pretty convenient to me to find a note 4 weeks later. Who found the note? Why wasn't the note found immediately after the suspect was in custody? I'm sure they checked the area, so pretty crappy job by forensics if you ask me. I'm going to die, quick I have a pen and paper handy in my back pocket, I should write a statement while laying in this boat. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Then again, it doesn't have to make sense when you feed it to the American public. Just say Muslim attack and the people will eat it up like its on the Mcdonalds dollar menu.

I think you're the only one who is ignorant in this thread. More kool-aid for you sir.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I read both sources provided and in neither of them does it indicate WHEN the note was discovered. Only that a law enforcement gave out that information today.

Neither article states when the note, which was apparently written on the inside of the boat somewhere, was discovered. Certainly neither article indicates that it was a new, or even recent, discovery.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
It seems they have discovered a note written in the inside wall of the boat the Boston Marathon Bombing suspect was hiding in the night he was captured. The story claims he had written the note claiming responsibility and explaining a reason for the attack. The reason (according to sources) was retribution for the U.S. bombings of Muslim people in Afghanistan. One of the quotes was, "..an attack against one Muslim is an attack against all of them".
...The story also mentions bullet holes in the hull of the boat, indicating the police did fire live rounds upon the boat that night, against orders to use non-lethal rounds. THAT should be a separate investigation IMO....as I CLEARLY heard the order myself that night on the scanner

Interesting "development"... Kind'a like the roll of film that doesn't get "developed" 'til it's needed.

You may be correct - could be they (forensics) found it, first time through the boat...and one of the team-members, or someone close (family member/s, friends, etc) got some of the juicy pieces...and had to let everyone know...

On the other hand - "How Generic!"
Were one to accept that statement/question...one might also realize that that is precisely what could be said about "the crime/s"... Very generic.

"It's a statement...to the world...about how bad the USA is..."
Uhhhh - Okay... Many of the people in the USA are in general agreement with that statement.
Doesn't seem to matter, though.

"The USA kills innocent people every day! God/Allah is getting them back!"
Yeah.
'Does it here without the help of "terrorists"...every single day...

So - what? You attack "the innocents" to hurt those doing the dirty deeds...?
Why not do something meaningful...?
How could such a "means" justify any motive? "Shirt ripper!!"

If - on another hand - the note DID just turn up...? That would suggest that we have, not only some of the most incompetent personnel available as FBI agents (presuming those sent to interview Tamerlan' were FBI agents)...but incompetency must run amok in all "expert" areas of law enforcement & criminal investigation.
("Yes, Your Honor - I am an expert in incompetence.")
edit on 5/16/2013 by WanDash because: embed

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

You hit the nail on the head.

It is awful funny how this note just turns up several weeks after the bombing with Muslims (yet again) being the reasons for the attack. Its not like he was hiding on a giant cruise ship that they had to scour. It was just some guys fishing boat. You can go through every part of a boat like that in an hour or less.

Lies, lies and more lies.

This could very well be an example of "them" not letting a good tragedy go to waste.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join