It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CCTV Captures 'Ghost' on Wellington Market Stairs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I just found this in my local paper and thought it interesting enough to post here to get the opinions of our Paranormal researchers .
Wellington is a historic town in Shropshire England and its market was first established in 1244 , the market has a history of spooky goings on with people reporting shadowy apparitions , noises and slamming doors .

On May 4th staff arrived for work and noticed boxes strewn over the floor so thinking they had had an intruder they checked the CCTV footage to see if the cameras had caught anything , the CCTV footage clearly show the boxes apparently launching themselves from their place of storage with a possible figure moving up the stairs .

Kay Boakye, manager of the market said: “Basically, we came into the market in the morning and the boxes were all over the place, on the floor and over the stairs. We thought there had been an intruder so we obviously went straight to the CCTV. “We couldn’t believe what we saw.

The first person who watched it was the caretaker David Chapman. “I came in two minutes later and he said: ‘Boss you need to see this.’ “All the hair stood up on the back of my neck. There was nobody there when the boxes fell off. We watched it again and we could see the shadow walking up the stairs then chucking the boxes over.”
www.shropshirestar.com...

I think its an interesting video as the market had been closed for some time before the boxes fell as the footage is reportedly from 2.22 am .... interesting too ... 2.22 .

So does anyone see the Ghost or have any opinions on what we are seeing ?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
yes this is the famous box pulling ghost. All his life he stacked boxes for no reward and came back in the afterlife to crate chaos....

Get real !

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Well I can see the boxes falling....but no matter how many times I watch the video, I can't see any shadowy figure

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MadMax7

Poltergeist

In paranormal studies, a poltergeist is the apparent manifestation of an invisible but noisy, disruptive or destructive entity. Most accounts of poltergeist manifestations involve noises and destruction that have no apparent cause. Reports also include inanimate objects being picked up and thrown as if by an invisible person; noises such as knocking, rapping, or even human voices

Seems to fit the bill for what has been described at the market

reply to post by Argyll

I have watched it a few times now and can see something but that something could be video artifacts , although it does seem the boxes fall as the something moves to around their position .... Maybe

edit on 16-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The boxes seemed to fall unnaturally. Like something took three swipes knocking the boxes down.

To much movement for it to be a rat, but perhaps a cat behind the boxes knocked all that stuff down.

I can't really make out a shadowy figure but can see slight movement on the stairs.

Interesting video. But it's not conclusive, it's a shame we can't see a clearer image of the shadow figure.

Nice thread op,
SnF,
edit on 16-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I couldn't see the shadow on the stairs either but it is still an interesting video all the same.

The lighting of the place bothers me though, it seems to be far brighter on the right side of the place than on the left side, and you can clearly see an area of shadow on the upper part of the left wall where the light is slightly blocked by the lower ceiling on the right. Ignoring the time quoted it looks to me like it would be bright enough to be sunlight, although I do wonder if it is standard practice for them to keep such bright lights on in a closed market overnight.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
For being able to get it in 720 HD it still comes out pretty crummy, and I have also failed to see the shadow, more just movement in the pixelation of the video.

I did however notice a jump in the video right before the boxes fall, anyone else?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
No ghost. Rocks. But no, I didn't see a shadow figure or any figure. Like UFO's ideally should be landing on the Queen's lawn and holding a press conference, I've never seen a good ghost video either.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I am sorry, I can't see a form going up the stairs. The boxes move as if they are being pushed or had something thrown at them, but I can't see anything doing that. Interesting anyway.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this!

I don't see a shadow figure at all, though, and I've watched it a number of times. To me, it looks like the random distortion I often see on our baby monitor due to the night vision. But, I am also watching this on a crappy lap top screen, so maybe if I were watching the actual raw footage on an HD TV, the shadow would be more clear.

Boxes falling could be anything. If they were poorly stacked, it wouldn't take to topple them - gravity and that long staircase makes it look dramatic. Could have been a minor earthquake, a heavy truck rumbling past, a rat, a cat, a bird, even a big nasty cockroach that started the cascade.

So I don't think the boxes falling are any real evidence of paranormal --- BUT if the shadow was definitely there just prior that certainly lends a lot of credence to the theory that this was paranormal. The problem is, I can't see the shadow. I wish I could, but I can't. I just see some "noise" from the night vision. If we could watch the entire nights footage and never see that sort of distortion, other than right before the boxes fall, that too would be a point in the paranormal column. But only give the video clip presented, I don't personally feel comfortable making that conclusion.

Very cool stuff, though. I'm so glad you posted it here. What has been the local reaction? What is your feeling on this?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Interesting. Apparently the video was created/uploaded by www.townandcountrymarkets.co.uk. I can't imagine any reason for them to intentionally post a hoax, unless it's a PR stunt. Considering that the initial news article/story was posted on Park/Ward - a PR company.

And one of the YouTube comments is by Tim Ward - I'm guessing he's with the Park/Ward company:

I've seen the original footage and the CCTV system had recorded three separate AVI video files that needed to be stitched together. Definitely not fake.

I think it's a cool video.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

How come the timestamp in the lower left hand corner disappears literally on the exact frame the boxes start falling?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

Yes i did, and if you rewatch you'll notice that jump is clear, watch the timestamp in the lower left corner, when the video jumps, the timestamp is gone.

it's an edit. Apparently in the youtube comments they said it was several avi's stitched together. That's fine, most CCTV security is motion sensors, so it only records when it's tripped. But.... the angle is the same, it's clearly the same camera, yet once stuff starts moving (looks like it's pushed from behind to me....) the timestamp simply disappears.

Watch the noise in the video, you can always tell when a video image is static, like a still image, or actual video, because of that distortion, you can see an obvious edit in that distortion, without even needing the time stamp to disappear.

It's a PR stunt. Next they'll be on ghost hunters international, will start getting tourism because of the paranormal "reports".

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
Well I can see the boxes falling....but no matter how many times I watch the video, I can't see any shadowy figure
Me neither

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
That video scared the living daylights out of me. I'm literally sweating nacho cheese. Joking aside I found that video to be perfect proof of ghost.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
that ghost is a dick, starting to think this is why I can't keep my house clean

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
It could also be a strong ghust of wind? Just a thought.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
cant see anything falling out of the box but there is someone behind the storage container chucking stuff up and over the top of the stair rail..

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by suicideeddie
cant see anything falling out of the box but there is someone behind the storage container chucking stuff up and over the top of the stair rail..

I agree.

Here's another look at the boxes thing. I did this with just some basic programs... nothing fancy.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Good work Red although in the area you have highlighted i see a face

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join