It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this 'spiritual' thing..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Okay, I am spiritual and I choose to obey the devil.
I am spiritual and I choose to obey God.

Do you see what I mean.

Who's not spiritual?

We are all spiritual, some are just good at it, some not. Good spiritual person, bad spiritual person.

What is the opposite of spirit? Flesh? That is just like water being the opposite of fire. Water is not the opposite of fire. Left is the opposite of right, and front the opposite of back. But tree is not the opposite of bush. Spirit and flesh are not opposites.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
really?
..you don't "get it"?

from what i can gather, you've already answered your own question here (several times over)

..have a little look at matthew 5:28

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Do you see what I mean.

No?

Who's not spiritual?

Me?

We are all spiritual,

No, we're not.

some are just good at it, some not.

How can you be good or bad at believing something?

What is the opposite of spirit?

Something that is real?

Spirit and flesh are not opposites.

Neither are Pineapples and Strippers?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

It is the dream we have that we do not simply vanish after we breathe our final breath. Just a hopeful dream.

and ...

..have a little look at matthew 5:28

But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

and...???

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Do you see what I mean.

I don't believe in God or the Devil. I think both are stupid inventions by an unknowing population, used to extort and control the population during a time when we just didn't know better. Now that we're a civilization which understands our world significantly more, its time to put away such outdated concepts.

Who's not spiritual?

Plenty of people. Atheists, non-spiritual secularists, etc.

We are all spiritual, some are just good at it, some not. Good spiritual person, bad spiritual person.

Good and bad are subjective terms, relative to the situation. They have no weight beyond what the observer attaches to actions they witness. You cannot be a "good" or a "bad" spiritual person, because everything is inherently a state of neutrality until an outside observer acknowledges it one way or the other.

What is the opposite of spirit? Flesh? That is just like water being the opposite of fire. Water is not the opposite of fire. Left is the opposite of right, and front the opposite of back. But tree is not the opposite of bush. Spirit and flesh are not opposites.

In reality, the opposite of anything is the lack of that thing.

Spirit to No Spirit.
Fire to No Fire.
Water to No Water.
Black (all colors absorbed) to White (all colors reflected)

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

cor·po·re·al
/kôrˈpôrēəl/
Adjective
Of or relating to a person's body, esp. as opposed to their spirit.
Having a body.
Synonyms
physical - material - bodily - corporal - fleshly

and then:

spir·i·tu·al (sp r -ch - l). adj. 1. Of, relating to, consisting of, or having the nature of spirit; not tangible or material.

So, strictly speaking in terms of language, they do seem to be oppositional.

What I find most interesting about the words are corporeal---when your body has lost its spirit, or indefinability of life that animates it, we call it a corpse, in its fleshly death state.

With the word spiritual: if broken down: spi-ritual..... hmmmm. Not saying much about it...just found it interesting, and thought I'd add it.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Everything is made of energy, including matter. So yes, we are all spiritual as matter and spirit is all energy made up of the same stuff.

This is like saying "ice" (material) is different from "water" (energy/spirit)... sort of, but not really...

It is ONE.
It is WHOLE.
There is no separation.
It is all H2O

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You might appreciate that we are experiencing a form of frozen light through our perception. When the vibrational state of water molecules is increased through heating it turns to steam, a gas form. When the same molecules are slowed down through freezing it turns to ice, a solid form. Same could be said about the states of conscious awareness that we can experience, solid, liquid, gas. For me its all about fluidity and how much resistance i can negotiate through the experience whilst still retaining the ability to create solid pressure on the external forces. I like Bruce Lee's quote;
"Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
― Bruce Lee

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

Hey, does the gas turn into ice without becoming fluid first? "awesome?"

The Bruce Lee quote: so as to not be influenced by any situation! That can have nasty effects mate

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Aren't God and Devil like Yin and Yang?
Two Sides of the same Coin?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

Yes, they are. Thank you for asking.

At least, they are contraditory, God would want man to live eternally, Satan wants to kill man. All God desires Satan desires the opposite of. God is good, Satan is evil.

But God is bigger than Satan and is more mighty than Satan, and will eventually sentence Satan into the Fire.

God is King and Satan is here to deceive humanity. We are not deceived when we stay true to our King.
edit on 18-5-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
All forms of levels, including the spiritual level, are just forms that create the illusion of a prison.
edit on 18-5-2013 by GetReadyToTheDoomsday because: (no reason given)

top topics

join