It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama consider resignation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thecakeislie
Is the OP serious?

The real question should be: should the American people consider impeachment.

If the President ordered people to violate the Constitution.

If he ordered several Agencies to directly go after peoples money.

That was the "2nd order of Impeachment" against Richard Nixon.

I believe it was misuse of the IRS in a similar manner.

If anybody at the IRS remembers anything which I doubt.

This could get very serious...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I would say the problem is that there is likely no evidence directly linking him to any of it. That means there will be lower level patsies that will take the heat.

That being said, I would like to point out that in any organization the "quality" of ethics in the organization as a whole generally reflect the ethics of the leader. All these scandals coming to the front tell us that there is much more that isnt coming out...normally you will only see the tip of the iceberg as other indiscretions are either disposed of, covered up or in some fashion "disappeared".

Doesn't speak highly of our administration whether Obama is directly involved or not.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

And where was the democrat outrage about the events of 9-11-2001 that ultimately lead to the invasion of afghanistan and iraq within one year? Did they not care about the truth or were they in on the secret from the beginning? There was no opposition from them then just like there is no opposition from the republicans now. I mean meaningful opposition, not picking small scandals and running with that. The people above government pick what is acceptable collateral damage.

If there was a secret plan that included our own very important people concerning 911 then we were all guilty of wanting to go to war I know I did, my city was hit my sister bless her procrastinating ahazz  didn't get up that day to renew her driver's licence in one of the towers I sat in shock and anger in Japan watching buildings that I played in as a kid and drank as an under-aged teenager with faked Id cards crumbled into dust. But I am not one for peace without honor I am x-navy I did the whole Operation Desert Storm and shield thingy,they told us that the folks that hit us were in Afghanistan and my cousin and nephew signed up..flags flown in the hood from windows and on gypsy cabs in Brooklyn in those days something I had never seen growing up. Bush had us then he bait and switched going to Iraq never made sense to me I told my cousin and nephew at that time in Afghanistan and they agreed something was amiss and things were never the same,for a brief moment we were Americans we were one but Bush and company had to overreach,they had to lie about Iraq our politicians cowardly signed off on what was clear was B/S and the third estate our media failed us miserably, many of us were angry some remained so to this day (ME) we view this as the greatest sin committed by a government in our era,so any talk of impeaching Obama without finding a dead hooker in his bed and without going after the previous Administration for that deed alone not even considering they crashed the economy simply won't wash with us.

edit on 17-5-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

Thank you for your Service...

You have earned your right to express your opinion.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Is the OP serious?

If the president sold secrets to the chinese.
If the president eats babies.
If the president is an alien.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Is the OP serious?

If the president sold secrets to the chinese.
If the president eats babies.
If the president is an alien.

If one person at the IRS suddenly gets a memory.

This could get very ugly, very quickly...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I am pretty sure both parties work for the same boss. Perhaps many "third parties" do as well. There is a limit to how much corruption can be exposed before "the elite" get called out and go down in flames. The world is not what it seems.

I have done plenty of research into 9-11 and think it was a false flag attack done by rogue elements within the USA government. Iraq was simply the icing on the cake so to speak. Initially I believed the official story though because it was less painful.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Obama need not resign.

His agenda or any hope of a mandate is nill.

His legacy will read "First African American President".

He is an anecdote, a statistic.

We can only hope he doesn't embarass himself and the nation further.

As for his accomplishments, what few there are will be quickly undone or corrected in the next administration.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Honorable people resign.

Dishonorable people get impeached.

Potiticians get impeached, don't resign and get book deals.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It'll never happen. I have been considering many scenarios and most of them are not good. For some reason I keep coming back to this one. If enough comes out and enough Democrats are instructed to take action with the Republicans or if it hits so hard that the Republicans take control of the Senate in 2014 (and would maintain control of the House) It is likely he will be Impeached and even tried. When found guilty and told he's leaving the White House for the Big House there will be nationwide race war. Perfect scenario for him to forcfully take over as Dictator. IE-- mission accomplished.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thoughts ATS?

You're what's wrong with the system. Managers screw up, you fire them. You're an idiot

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
Honorable people resign.

Dishonorable people get impeached.

Potiticians get impeached, don't resign and get book deals.

Sounds about right.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Send this Administration and the next that those who are not "for the People" will be kicked to the curb. A good house cleaning and holding those who are suppose to serve us accountable, goes a long way. America needs to wake up.

There is nothing wrong asking the question.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by averageGuy505

Thoughts ATS?

You're what's wrong with the system. Managers screw up, you fire them. You're an idiot

Glad to know YOU have all the answers.

Why dont you send your application as manager, and handle Americas problem for us.......

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Obama could give a press conference from a bathroom while he takes a crap with the media stuck in the room smelling it. Unless Dan Bidondi sneaks in there not one of them is going to say a damn thing about it. Do I think he will step down? Dream on.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"Should Obama consider resignation?"

YEP!

Otherwise impeachment could bring jail time, especially since most in his administration are going down in flames already.

If he did resign, his DEM party could be saved.... but for now they're gone... way far

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Abstruse

That dump has been a problem and has been leaking for years. I don't feel you can really blame him for that, too.
True, this country is a mess in every way imaginable. The People need to get up and stand up, to make the changes that are needed. In the 60's people marched and demonstrated on a regular basis. Now people blog it, tweet it, and make online petitions to the White House. Like that's going to make a difference.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
It'll never happen. I have been considering many scenarios and most of them are not good. For some reason I keep coming back to this one. If enough comes out and enough Democrats are instructed to take action with the Republicans or if it hits so hard that the Republicans take control of the Senate in 2014 (and would maintain control of the House) It is likely he will be Impeached and even tried. When found guilty and told he's leaving the White House for the Big House there will be nationwide race war. Perfect scenario for him to forcfully take over as Dictator. IE-- mission accomplished.

Race has nothing to do with it. Get real.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lovebeck

Have you wondered why?

Americans are probably the most spied on citizens of any country.

They have tools to keep you in check.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by lovebeck

Race has nothing to do with it. Get real.

Race has nothing to do with it, unless you are the majority of blacks in which case it is all about race when it comes to Obama.

How many blacks do you think voted for Obama for the simple reason he IS black? Any action taken against him will result in the playing of the race card. We see this every day...

Get real? Really? What world do you live in?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join