It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Obama consider resignation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Hers a list of scandals that are Currently hitting the President, all at once. I did not add Fast and Furious.

Benghazi Fallout.

Benghazi fallout: CIA reveals secret intelligence hub was nearby

IRS Fallout.

The IRS Scandal Is Entering Fallout Mode

AP Fallout.

Spying on the AP

And now this...

‘Stunner’: Congressman Claims AP Phone Scandal Involved House of Reps. ‘Cloakroom

Not since Richard Nixon have we had this much Political turmoil in this Country. Having Warrantless surveillance ,Unilateral military action and Kill lists at his disposal, is it time to start questioning on how long Obama's reign of Presidency should last?

Thoughts ATS?

edit on 16-5-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Well, I'd personally suggest we think that through and see where it leads, by law....as it happens. President Biden, unless he got caught up and had to resign too. Then it's President Boehner. If he takes a big pass, there is President Leahy. Oh and if he has a stroke of sanity.....We KNOW someone who will take it. President Kerry is #4 in the line of succession. He just got there too. No time to be caught up in much of anything. That's almost the scariest thought, right there.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Well, I'd personally suggest we think that through and see where it leads, by law....as it happens. President Biden, unless he got caught up and had to resign too. Then it's President Boehner. If he takes a big pass, there is President Leahy. Oh and if he has a stroke of sanity.....We KNOW someone who will take it. President Kerry is #4 in the line of succession. He just got there too. No time to be caught up in much of anything. That's almost the scariest thought, right there.

oh man what a boat we are in...

cant imagine any of those yahoos in charge...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wonder how much Holder knows?

If Holder goes down for any of this, will he take Obama with him?

That is the one question I have.

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Resignation is pretty much an admission of guilt. He'll never admit to doing anything wrong. It'll always be someone else's fault or an "oversight".

As Wrabbit said as well. Look at his successors, now that's a scary list.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Isittruee because: Typo and added a sentence

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
Resignation is pretty much an admission of guilt. He'll never admit to doing anything wrong. It'll always be someone else's fault or an "oversight".

I think the hard evidence is coming. I also think if Holder has to resign, you might see SHTF.

The White House knew about the whole IRS thing. I just cant see them not knowing. It would be Ironic if Obama resigned. Biden pardoning him would be too.........

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well didn't Obama say he would use the IRS that way if he could?

The whole tap on AP I think will slow down evidence from coming out. Not stop it, just slow it down. Might discourage whistleblowers and people that regularly leak information if they think its possible they are being listened to and can be exposed and/or intimidated.

Time will tell though. Obama doesn't deserve his Nobel prize or position IMO.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You guys forgot about Monsanto. Oh and just as important, the lackadaisical approach to the hanford nuclear leak currently poisoning one portion of the United States.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Abstruse because: second line
(a fox news link at that :wow

edit on 16-5-2013 by Abstruse because: oops

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's hard to say if he should, looking at it objectively. But I am sure a lot of people think he should.
I don't know all the facts, but I honestly don't think he is much worse than any of his predecessors. With that said, I also need to make it clear that I didn't think any of his predecessors were that great. In fact, I don't think I've liked any of the american presidents since Roosevelt.

Either way. The big question is - will he resign?

To that I am pretty sure, the answer is no. I don't think he will. Not because of this anyway.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

No if no other POTUS resign over scandals and lies except Nixon why should he.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

oh man what a boat we are in...

cant imagine any of those yahoos in charge...

Why do you think he was chosen VP? I've thought all along it was so people would cringe at the thought of Biden as Pres over Obama.

But should O really put the country through all of the investigations just to keep power? He will because his ego won't let him do whats best for the country. Biden can't do a worse job.

O is even now open to military court martial for dereliction of duty. He went to bed and told others to handle it when his people were under fire and only he could give the order to save them, the people "handling it" did not have the power even if he told them to handle it, only he could do it, but he went to bed. He abandoned his post as commander in chief of the armed forces and intentionally went to bed knowing only he had the power to save the people under attack.

Oh sh-t, now I'll be audited or worse!
edit on 16-5-2013 by grandmakdw because: clarify

edit on 16-5-2013 by grandmakdw because: Fix accidentially doubled sentence

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Isittruee

I think the hard evidence is coming. I also think if Holder has to resign, you might see SHTF.

The White House knew about the whole IRS thing. I just cant see them not knowing. It would be Ironic if Obama resigned. Biden pardoning him would be too.........

It's a great point Sonnny-- and besides, Jerry Ford did it for Nixon. As for Joe,
he could plead anoxia... "My bottle emptied out at the morning briefing."
Besides anytime after Spiro got muddy it was like watching a soap for newsbreaks.
Pardons are getting almost like professional courtesy for the last forty years,
unfortunately too common to be looked at as irregular: it's almost predictable.
Except maybe John Dean getting extra dessert in stir... wo. Wait... He WAS.

With this chain of command, surely better the devil we've got; just so more of the
truth could come out. If we get a shakeout or an indictment now, the spackle and
trowels will come out in the courts and we won't know anytihing...again.
It would though at least indicate to me there was a lot more inside than what AP
was getting called for... especially since they initially agreed to hold off on the
Benghazis: ours and theirs. So Eric.. what's in YOUR walleye? Sealed for your protection

If Holder says it's the biggest thing he's seen in 30 years, and my intuition (usually
wrong) is right for a change; both sides of the aisle could get cleaned out big time.
Look where the real players of Watergate still around are working now...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Not one of those involve President Obama. They all involve the government or government agencies, but none of them were at the direction of Obama.

He will say the buck stops with him and will claim responsibility for some if not all, but that does not mean he is directly involved.

In short, no...this is not a reason and I'm sure it isn't even a thought outside of Republicans hoping for it.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
If all American presidents resigned because some low level idiots did something which they later get blamed for by "the other side poltically" you'd have a revolving door in the oval office. Anyway, Obama likely did nothing wrong at all with any of these "administration scandals". And when right-wing neopawns say he did and he's just like Nixon, we all should remember that Nixon was waist-deep in the coverup of his crimes and paid the price. If W Bush didn't resign over starting an unjust war by lying, or Clinton didn't quit when he decided to unlease the banking industry and let it once again ruin his country for personal gain, then the bar for hanging-it-up is very high indeed.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Both parties have been hijacked by the neo globalists. Neo in greek means new. New as in new world order. That is what comes to mind.

Obama may or may not resign. What exactly will that accomplish? Some times people need to be burned enough so that they dig about politics deeper and vote more responsibly.

The media was complicit the entire time and tells me they are puppets in a grand chess game playing the blame game among themselves with no intention of good will. "You did it, no you did it, no you did it back at atcha", yada yada yada.

I am between yawning and breaking my keyboard. The first urge usually overcomes the second urge.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Richard Nixon resigned because many of his associates were sent to prison. The "scandals" now would not have been scandals when we actually had congresspeople who were not actually trying to derail the government and the country.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Nah...Impeachment is a better route. He needs to be charged with all of the illegal crap he and his admin is doing.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Resign? Who are you kidding? Every one of these accusations and/or so called "scandals" to date, has turned out to be less than truthful, to say the least.

Although, in a weird kind of way, I think that every one of them will turn out to be helpful in exposing the truth about many of our elected officials. The truth being that most of the very people doing all the accusing are the very ones responsible for the "scandals" they are exposing. In other words, they're projecting their own incompetence and bad deeds on their political opponents. I think Shakespeare once said; "Suspicion haunts the guilty mind."

www.csmonitor.com...

Reps. Jason Chaffetz and Darrell Issa claim the Benghazi consulate sought more security before the deadly attack. They also both voted to cut the State Department's embassy security budget.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

For the past two years, House Republicans have continued to deprioritize the security forces protecting State Department personnel around the world. In fiscal year 2011, lawmakers shaved $128 million off of the administration's request for embassy security funding. House Republicans drained off even more funds in fiscal year 2012 -- cutting back on the department's request by $331 million.

www.dailykos.com...

Issa was one of 21 House members who opposed the Free Flow of Information Act of 2007, a measure that would have forbidden federal investigators from compelling journalists to give evidence without first obtaining a court order. The bill included a section that specifically forbid subpoenaing journalists’ phone records from “communication service providers” to the same extent that the law protected the journalists themselves.

etc., etc., etc........

There is absolutely no reason for Obama to consider resignation because the GOP has provided no proof of guilt whatsoever. The only thing they've provided is a constant stream of false accusations and distractions. If they keep doing what they're doing, (it may already be too late) they'll soon be known as an extinct political party that brought about their own demise by crying wolf, wolf, wolf!

edit on 16-5-2013 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

False accusations???

Yeah, the 0bama butt kissing is getting wild as of late.

I think there are people on record, under oath stating security increases were requested.

Oh yeah, forgot about gun running.

I would say just bury your head in the sand, but it won't help.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by sonnny1

Nah...Impeachment is a better route. He needs to be charged with all of the illegal crap he and his admin is doing.

A lot of elected officials should be tried for racketeering, insider trading, terrorism, obstruction of justice.

Then if they are convicted sent to a federal prison to do some real hardtime.

But we all know there are people above them that pull strings and won't allow it. The buck stops at governor, congressman and sometimes senator.

It is the epitomy of hypocrisy that we constantly attempt to export our fake democracy throughout the world!
edit on 16/5/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join