It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal experience- popping cans and webcam sighting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's been awhile since i posted on this site. so mods if i break any rules i would like to apologize ahead of time

anyways. i was vid chatting with my girlfriend on skype and suddenly she gets up and and stares at her ipod in horror. (she was skyping through it)

apparently she saw a white figure with an angry face pass through my wall, in a very quick motion. almost as soon as she realized it was there. Thing is i have not had anything paranormal happen in my house.

when i was younger i always felt like something was in my house but i assumed it was paranoia. i have been living here for nearly 18 years and i don't remember how young i was when i stopped feeling such things

now her on the other hand has had plenty of paranormal experiences. shapes of at the foot of her bed things being tossed at her,ect.

and tonight we both heard her soda cans popping. she keeps them in her closet. i can't think of any reason why they would unless there was intense heat from that area.

she had lived in two different houses. with two different sets of paranormal problems.

to my understanding ghosts can be tracked using em pulse or something like that (ie ghost hunters) and since they can be seen and recorded on electronic devices possible that the ghost was on her end showing itself through the skype.

don't understand why it would be on my side seeing as though i have never had a real paranormal experience.

i was a kid who watched allot of horror movies when i was young so i assume my feelings were all paranoia.

her experiences went down considerably when she started to ignore them. or at least tried to. however any mentioning of demons or ghosts and she freaks out.

lost a night of sleep over the evil dead trailer(new one)

i know paranoia when i see it. this was genuine fear based off real fear and experience.

my last thought was somehow the spirit from the first house attached itself to her and came with her in the new home. that is low on my thoughts seeing as though the experiences are now similar in how they manifest.

any information regarding on what this is and how to deal with it would be greatly appreciated

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

Now is not a good time of night for me to be talking about this but I know all too well about popping soda bottles. In fact just the other day something was in the house. It threw a glass bottle in my bathroom. Then it was gurgling/growling as I was frozen stiff. Luckily I was already in an online game so I had people to talk to. Then when I thought it was all over some coke bottles that had been on my floor for days popped.. All of them..

I don't like to think about it..

I don't know what I'd call it, but for me it seems demonic.. Dark.. I don't think what you are seeing as ghosts have to be in any one place. They move like topics in the mind. I think certain people are more easily locked onto.. I am one of those, and ignoring them is the best thing I have ever found to do.. Yelling at them is a Bad idea in my experience.. Jesus seems to help, and Bob Marley music..

Anyone around me can also have experiences who never had them before.. I feel bad about it sometimes.
edit on 5/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

thankyou for that.

what about seeing the ghost on my skype though?

linked to her or my issue?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by X9ballX

I think it's an issue of the mind like I said. If you guys are talking to each other you are locked onto each other mentally. Sort of like being on the right radio station. Her station includes "ghosts." They are not in one space time, and nor are you. Physically your body is in one place but your mind is not. They don't travel to you they can be anywhere in an instant because it's all in the mind. If you leave your body you will know this. It's the thought that counts as they say.

I have had experiences all my life and the best grounding has been my girlfriend. Now she has issues too, and often talks about them trying to confuse her and lying about me. Strange thing to hear a person say as I have never had them "talk" In any case Love seems to be above their territory and so they can't get you there. Positive emotions and Light especially sunlight are good antidotes.
edit on 5/16/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
So jealous. . .

I had some haunting stuff happen in my house for a while then it suddenly stopped. I love the experience of something moving when nothing is touching it.

I would love to go walk around in the dark and challenge 'it'.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ohiwastedmylif

challenging it is not what i want. i want any spirit to be at ease and to leave in peace.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
just think about what it would require for their to be an actual spirit.

a god, an afterlife, an invisible person, an invisible fuel source, etc etc and you will soon be okay with questioning what is causing the incidences.

When you think about how a human body functions, consuming calories to provide fuel/energy to provide the electrical impulses which allow our brain to function you realize the idea behind a ghost makes no sense. In order for a ghost to exist there would have to be a method of storing not only energy, but also a method of utilizing that energy in conjunction with a method of storing specific information and recalling that information. It would essentially be an invisible computer floating around that lacked mass but was able to produce force.

Even if a persons electrical impulses converted into an invisible electrical cloud, the cloud would lack the ability to do anything. The cloud would still require highly specific information which can only be decoded by one thing, the living brain of the original person.

I have personally witnessed/experienced things that are unexplainable. I have seen things move by themselves, seen shadows, heard noises etc but I do not believe in ghosts, god, or an afterlife. What is going on then? Question it, investigate it, record it, face it!
edit on 16-5-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by X9ballX
apparently she saw a white figure with an angry face pass through my wall, in a very quick motion. almost as soon as she realized it was there. Thing is i have not had anything paranormal happen in my house.

Light, artifacts, or hallucination perhaps.

when i was younger i always felt like something was in my house but i assumed it was paranoia.

Most likely. Much less likely that you had people you weren't expecting to be there.
Maybe some smaller animals within the building?

now her on the other hand has had plenty of paranormal experiences. shapes of at the foot of her bed things being tossed at her,ect.

Sounds like she might have a condition.

and tonight we both heard her soda cans popping. she keeps them in her closet. i can't think of any reason why they would unless there was intense heat from that area.

Didn't you check whether it were the soda cans and if they indeed were popping? Was there intense heat?
If not, it was something else.

she had lived in two different houses. with two different sets of paranormal problems.

This would also suggest it's her, not the houses.

to my understanding ghosts can be tracked using em pulse or something like that (ie ghost hunters)

No they cannot. But people can make money pretending.

and since they can be seen and recorded on electronic devices

No they cannot. Not ever has such a thing been recorded.

possible that the ghost was on her end showing itself through the skype.

No.

don't understand why it would be on my side seeing as though i have never had a real paranormal experience.

Because she's the one who seem to "see" things.

i was a kid who watched allot of horror movies when i was young so i assume my feelings were all paranoia.

Sounds about right.

her experiences went down considerably when she started to ignore them. or at least tried to. however any mentioning of demons or ghosts and she freaks out.

Yes, sounds reasonable.

i know paranoia when i see it. this was genuine fear based off real fear and experience.

Paranoia IS real fear.
That the fear is unfounded is irrelevant to the fear, but are the symptoms of paranoia.

my last thought was somehow the spirit from the first house attached itself to her and came with her in the new home.

What about a more down to earth thought that it's her condition?

any information regarding on what this is and how to deal with it would be greatly appreciated

Hopefully the above helps.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
You can burn sage and other herbs to repel spirits out of the house. If the spirit is strong or demonic it will take quite a bit more than that. Google "How to cleanse spirits from your house" and a bunch of sites will come up.

Here's a pretty good answer found -

Haunted spirits appear in many forms, such as simple ghosts, poltergeists and psychic energy to name a few. If you can sense them and they are causing you anxiety or fear, then you should remove them. Depending on how serious your haunting is, you can perform a few simple techniques to remove the spirits yourself before calling in a professional.

Things You’ll Need: Sage or other herbs Clay pot Step 1: Communicate with the spirit before you try to remove it. Most ghosts do not need to be removed, but need your help in passing over to the other side. Malevolent spirits, of course, need to be removed. Try speaking to the spirit aloud, staying alert for an answer, which may come in many different forms.

Step 2: Take control of your home and body by firmly stating that the house is yours and you wish the visitor or spirit to leave. Do not send it towards the light, as not all spirits came from the light originally, so this may upset or hurt some ghosts.

Step 3: Bless your house. As the power of belief is the most powerful weapon, you should work within your religion or belief set. This means calling upon the goddess, God, Allah or any supreme being in which you believe. Work with written prayers or make up your own to ask the spirits to leave the house.

Step 4: Smudge your home to repel negative influences and replace positive forces. You should use western sage, lavender or cedar to create smudge sticks or burn the herbs in a clay pot. Then, start on the west side of your house and burn the herbs in each room while mentally projecting positive thoughts. Make sure you open a few windows so excessive smoke does not accumulate.

Step 5: Perform psychic surgery on any people who seem to attract the haunted spirits. Basically, you lay your hands on them, removing the evil spirits and bad energy using visualization techniques. Picture the bad energy as being black and being enveloped by the color green, which releases suppressed trauma.

Step 6: Work on your own inner anger. Spirits often manifest after a person goes through a serious trauma or crisis. By removing your anger and fear, the haunting may dissipate.

Step 7: Invite a ghost hunter to help you with your situation. A legitimate ghost hunter will not charge for services and will not initiate contact. You must ask him to investigate and remove the spirits.

Step 8: Ask a local minister to come to your house and pray for both the present spirits and the home. This is not an exorcism but merely a blessing.

Step 9: Contact your church to perform an exorcism. The exorcism you are familiar with from the movies is a Roman Catholic belief, and the ceremony can only be performed by an ordained minister with the proper authority bestowed by the Vatican. Other religions also have some form of exorcism.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer
You can burn sage and other herbs to repel spirits out of the house. If the spirit is strong or demonic it will take quite a bit more than that. Google "How to cleanse spirits from your house" and a bunch of sites will come up.

The absolutely easiest, cheapest and cleanest way is to stop believing in such nonsense.
If that doesn't do it, some kind of professional help is preferred.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
The absolutely easiest, cheapest and cleanest way is to stop believing in such nonsense.

It will still be there whether you believe in it or not.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freezer

Originally posted by Nevertheless

It will still be there whether you believe in it or not.

That guy seems very stable.
I don't know how this gives any answers to anything?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
and so tonight i saw a face in one of her windows while we vid chatted.

at the same time she heard a music box play

new topics

top topics

join