It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your candy weakness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

CHOCOLATE

Any kind will do.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
wha' abou' cheez cake? Me mean when it's cold and oh my god! So fresh so clean it makes yer taste buds hollar with a burst of flavor. Feels cheesy man.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I don't want to ruin peoples enjoyment and give possible explanations as to reasons a person would crave a certain type of candy. I have been evaluating cravings for a while. Even candy can be medicine. The problem is it often treats the symptom and rarely properly addresses the problem, just like medicines do.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

My guilty little pleasure once in a while is a really good apple fritter...all the doughy succulent sweetness; it is just yummy!

Also...I like a really good chocolate bar....the kind with really dark chocolate...that when you take a bite...the flavor lingers.

edit on 16-5-2013 by caladonea because: edit

Were I granted just one hour of being able to eat grains and sugar without it beating my joints into arthritic shock (no symptoms without the stuff!), I'd buy myself two dozen apple fritters, downing one every 2.5 minutes with a gallon of americanos. We have a very high Amish population here in Philly, and they bake circles around everyone. Now I just walk past their stalls at markets sniffing the air like a bloodhound trying to find bacon. Oh the yeasty ravenous goodness of it all.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I wish I didn't know what you were talking about. But when I had to drop grains and sugar because of arthritic symptoms, I became acutely aware of sugar's sedative effects. Not being able to consume candy when riddled by nervousness or anxiety was quite the lesson in stress-management. I can't even say I've found a way to deal with it yet. Candy used to calm me. Now I hyperventilate, hide, and try to talk myself into going for some kind of exercise. I've started listening to Andrew Weil's "Sound Body Sound Mind" which uses music to induce a delta state, and that's helping a ton.

Since this, I've theorized that the American obsession with overeating may very well be an attempt at sedation to quell feelings of dischord.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bars.......
I cannot resist- it's like Kryptonite or something!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Cupcakes!

I love the frosting and the bread mmm I can't stop eating them

edit on 16-5-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
dont like cake, chocolate, most candys

sour candy however... I love, the sour warheads OMG love em.

my dentist is licking her lips too.... at the numbers on the bill !

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Good old Hershey's chocolate, either the kisses or the candy bar.

Of course, my homemade chocolate covered cherries (make them for the holidays) are still the top weakness though. I can't stand store bought ones, but my homemade ones...yum. Wilton chocolate in a mold, add a cherry, then liquid center (cherry juice and confectioners sugar), then cap with chocolate....to die for.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
White Chocolate Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.
Hubby Loves them too!
I will do almost anything for them, but they are hard to find around here.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Sugar can be an adjuvant as well as a source of energy. It also has tyramine effects, which means it can effect the brain chemicals in the body. A little sugar gives us energy to digest things sometimes also. I can't see totally stopping sugar consumption. If you are low on magnesium and salt you can have arythmias. Salt interacts with sugar sometimes and causes problems. If you have Afib attacks you need to eat more foods containing Leucine or less foods containing the plant form of niacin, nicotinic acid.

People who are hooked on sweets need to examine why they are eating so much. If you drink milk, which is hard to digest, it makes you feel cold. Eating a little sugar with it helps to digest the milk without pulling energy from reserves. It is hard to lose weight when you always eat food that is neutralized though. Eating food that takes more to digest can make you loose weight faster than exercise. There are problems that can occur though, oxalates can cause problems as can Phytates or phytic acid when doing this kind of diet. A person can wind up with deficiencies.

Always remember that we run on energy, chemicals are just one way of getting this energy. It is not the only way, we can gain it from being around others that are bleeding off energy or even the sun or a warm fire.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
(>♥▽♥)> ***Look Down***

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

White Chocolate Reece's Peanut Butter Cups.

That's my wife's favorite.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I’m addicted to candy, I love it all but black liquorish.

Im now two days clean on my candy addiction. Im not relapsing this time i sware.

edit on 16-5-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

If you drink milk, which is hard to digest, it makes you feel cold.

Before a few months ago, I may have wondered about this statement. However, it's been in the last three weeks that I've noticed "unexplainable" chills after my evening yogurt. Like ice cubes along my spine. No yogurt, no chills. There's a frozen yogurt campaign out there just itching for the likes of me.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Try eating sunflower seeds if your not allergic to them. They have magnesium in them. The magnesium and calcium levels need to be balanced in the body or you start getting electrical problems. The seeds also contain molybdenum so it helps to process the lactose completely.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Perfect! I've been trying different things thrown into my yogurt since I eat it plain (none of that nonfat hooey). I'll give this a whirl. I really like my evening yogurt but hate trying to fall asleep with those dern chills. Thank you kindly!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Candy crush on android.. man its so addictive

On topic: Andes Mints

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Try to avoid eating yogurt that contains Carraggeen all the time, it kills macrophages. There are a lot of things that can cause if done routinely. Once in a while isn't bad but on a daily basis it can cause varying problems with the immune system.

I've been doing a little experimenting with this, I think it can be used to help some conditions but most times it seems to negatively impact everything. It is a glutamate formed by seaweed so overconsumption is not good. The effect on macrophages does not appear to be something related to the glutamate though, it is a plant defense system chemical that causes this problem.
edit on 16-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Mine is from a local dairy that grass-feeds their cows, but there isn't a label on the container. They literally make the yogurt and write flavors with a Sharpie! Any ideas on how I might be able to tell if that is an ingredient?

Carageenan litmus test, anyone?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join