It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking:Holder Justice Department Also Tapped House of Representatives Cloak Room

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
The Obama administration is in total meltdown with lie after lie and coverup after coverup coming unraveled ... and yet I just turned on MSNBC and they were still being Obama cheerleaders.

The entire administration and all the minions .. Holder being chief minion ... need to be flushed.

so....if we don't believe what you say, and want to wait for the actual facts to come out, we are Obama cheerleaders, implying that we are stupid and ignorant. apparently, to you, there could not be any other reason why the IRS would ask these organizations questions concerning their eligibility for tax exempt status.
nothing that would have a red flag
nothing that maybe ring any bells

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Tapped is a bigger issue than just getting phone number logs. Wonder if 'tapped' is the correct term for what happened. If true, this might get ugly. The only out would be if some in Congress have something to hide.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
by the way, have any of you actually read the law that show the IRS was doing it's job?
constitution.org...

and maybe, just maybe, they were following the law. ......

yea follow the letter of the law right at and during election time.

and besides, they admitted that they were doing it.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
so....if we don't believe what you say ...

Straw man. A noobs error.

Face it .. your guy is as corrupt as the rest of 'em.
His charade covering his Chicago style politics is coming unraveled.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe the House needs to take a tip from Get Smart...

Seriously I can see the need when it comes to military matters and matters of TRUE national security but the House, Senate and even the Executive are places of the Public. Why therre should be any "closed door" sessions in matters of the publics business is beyond me.

I am more nervous about public servants going behind closed doors for public business. To me, that should be more of the issue.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
There is now an update to the story and a bit of clarification (roadgravel is correct about the term 'tapped' being misunderstood, wrong usage maybe)

UPDATE: Jack Langer, Rep. Nunes's communications director, emails this clarification:

I wanted to make a clarification for your article. What Rep. Nunes meant by “tapped” was that the DOJ seized the phone records, as has been widely reported. There was a little confusion between him and the host during the conversation: He did not mean to refer to phone records of the cloakroom itself, but of the Capitol. This refers to the phone records from the AP’s desk in the press gallery, which the DOJ admitted to looking at. He was explaining that if those phone records were seized, they would reveal a lot of conversations between the press and members of Congress, since reporters often speak to Members from the press gallery phones. The notion of the DOJ looking at phone records from the Capitol of conversations between Members of Congress and reporters is something that concerns Rep. Nunes, bringing up issues related to the separation of powers.

Update @ Weekly Standard
edit on 16-5-2013 by OneisOne because: fix link

edit on 16-5-2013 by OneisOne because: trouble typing what I'm thinking

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by billy565

They never threw J. Edgar Hoover in jail..........

They didn't because J. Edgar Hoover was the dirtiest sob in DC. Not to mention he had dirt on everyone.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks for finding that info. I thought that was more likely the case. Seemed like press phones would have been the target. It does bring the Congress into the mix which would not sit well with them.

But then everything Congressmen do is above board, right.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Now officially changing the name to the congressional cloak and dagger room

Second line..

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by dreamingawake

can we say abuse of power boys and girls?
looks like we finally have a real scandal.

We can hope.
They finally got Capone for tax evasion...no cheap shot
that actually connects is cheap when it's needed.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Tapped is a bigger issue than just getting phone number logs. Wonder if 'tapped' is the correct term for what happened. If true, this might get ugly. The only out would be if some in Congress have something to hide.

Bugging the cloakroom of another Branch's home plate,
and without a warrant? If anybody in the House was actually up at
the counter talking about some buried assets I will chomp down my
fedora, Big. This is more over the top than Get Smart lately. C'mon...
let's hop in the Clone of Silence LOL.

OMG Terminal you read my mind AND pushed the clip. Wotta Chesire!
edit on 16-5-2013 by derfreebie because: CAUTION: Mind Reader Alert

edit on 16-5-2013 by derfreebie because: Typo and WE MAY BE BECOMING TELEPATHICALLY VIABLE

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Sorry, but this is not only false, it's not a bombshell either. I read that the "records" from phone lines, normally used by the press, in the House of Representatives had also been subpoenaed. Which by the way, is drastically different from tapping phone lines. Even the AP is denying that phone lines were "tapped."

www.theatlanticwire.com...

According to the Associated Press, the letter it received from the Department of Justice alerting it to the subpoena of phone records was sweeping, but not that sweeping. Justice accessed phone records for AP offices, several reporters, and "the main number for the AP in the House of Representatives press gallery." Those records likely included incoming and outgoing phone numbers as well as the call's duration. In other words, there's no indication that the Department of Justice wiretapped anything, which, as anyone who has seen television in the past fifteen years knows, involves listening in on telephone conversations. If someone got ahold of your cell phone bill, you have not been "wiretapped."

Nor is there any evidence that Justice accessed those records for the cloakroom. The cloakrooms, as explained by C-SPAN, are private, members-only areas just off the floors of the House and Senate. The press gallery, the area for which the Department of Justice accessed phone data for one line (that of the AP), is another room entirely. (With its own website.) There are phones in the cloakroom, but there's no evidence, besides Nunes' comments, that Justice accessed them — or even that it would have been helpful to.

With that said, leaking information of this type puts the lives of our service men & women at risk and it shouldn't be tolerated. IMO, Dick Cheney should also be prosecuted for leaking Valerie Plame's CIA identity back when they were lying us into the Iraq War. Anyway, I think that it's more than apparent that the justice dept. knows that the leak originated in the House of Representatives and I hope they find out who is responsible and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So... going to all this trouble to tap AP phone records and even this room? And we still don't know what they were trying to prevent being leaked?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Once again we see what seems to be a Congress person talking and not knowing or understanding the facts.

Where do they dig up these people for office.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by creatives

None of it good, involving this President, and his Administration.

I think if Holder goes, He takes Obama down with him. There has to be more to it all, then what has transpired so far. I think Holder knows many secrets.

IF Holder goes down and that's a very big "if", he won't give up Obama. He'll never see the inside of a court room, much less jail time. And, if he showed any signs of trying to bring this administration down..... "suicide" and "accidental death" seems to be all the rage these days. He would go on to open his own law firm or sign with one of the big ones in DC, New York or Chicago. This will be a media circus till something else big comes along [ or is made to happen ] and the short term memory public will concentrate on that. That's part of their strategy, string it out till people get tired of hearing about it. If anyone goes down, it will be a peon that gets it.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
1. Obama painted the target with his hate-speak.
2. Obama hung the target in the agency offices thoughout the FedGov.
3. Install easy sheep through appointment in those offices.
4. When the fever-pitched sheep do their expected illegal activities screw them over with firings.
5.Obama untouchable but the deed still gets done, election over.

Well played BHO, well played.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If anyone is surprised by this, then you aren't paying attention.

Just another instance where the Fed govt abuses it's power.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
So... going to all this trouble to tap AP phone records and even this room? And we still don't know what they were trying to prevent being leaked?

Actually, there's quite a bit of information out there regarding the leak. From what I've read, it was a leak about a secret special ops mission, that was ongoing at the time, involving not just American special forces but also some allied special forces. The mission was to thwart a terrorist attempt to place a bomb on a plane destined for the U.S. and is was happening in Yemen. Supposedly, one of the American special forces guy's name was actually leaked to the A.P. reporter.

Evidently, the justice dept. has narrowed the source of that leak down to the House of Representatives and I for one, am curious to see who the identity of that traitor turns out to be.

You might also make note of the fact that all this could have been avoided if the reporter had just revealed the source. While I respect their right to protect their sources, everything has it's limits and when someone is putting our service men & women's lives in danger, illegally and needlessly, it's time to draw the line.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

AND HERE..

Hey folks...just cuz you like the headline is no excuse to stop thinking and eat what you are fed

Update on OP article...

The guy was saying...If they looked at the AP phone logs...then it's possible the AP reporters where talking to members of congress in the "cloak room"...thus members of Congress could be at risk in this investigation.

NOT that they tapped the "Cloak Room"

My opinion is...eff Congress...if someone in Congress leaked classified information that risked agents being killed...eff them. Do they get a free pass cuz they are a Congressman?

UPDATE
Rep. Nune’s director of communications, Jack Langer, clarified the congressman’s comments Thursday morning:

What Rep. Nunes meant by “tapped” was that the DOJ seized the phone records, as has been widely reported. There was a little confusion between him and the host during the conversation: He did not mean to refer to phone records of the cloakroom itself, but of the Capitol. This refers to the phone records for the AP from the House press gallery, which the DOJ admitted to looking at.

Seriously...if a Congressman is a source of the leak...they deserve a cell next to Bradley Manning.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Actually, there's quite a bit of information out there regarding the leak. From what I've read, it was a leak about a secret special ops mission, that was ongoing at the time, involving not just American special forces but also some allied special forces. The mission was to thwart a terrorist attempt to place a bomb on a plane destined for the U.S. and is was happening in Yemen. Supposedly, one of the American special forces guy's name was actually leaked to the A.P. reporter.

The CIA and British Intelligence spent years infiltrating undercover agents into AL-Qaida.

May of last year AL-Qaida developed a new "Underwear Bomb" that was virtually undetectable by airport security and sent a suicide bomber from Yemen on a flight bound for the USA.

That Suicide bomber was working for the CIA and arrived and turned the bomb over to them.

The entire undercover operation was crushed by the leak, years wasted, and CIA/British intelligence rushed to get all thier undercover agents to safety before the story broke.

See here for starters...
'Underwear bomber' was working for the CIA
www.guardian.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join