It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Has Putting On Your Spiffy "Hoffman Lenses" Sunglasses Opened Your Eyes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I used to wonder (only a few short years ago) why I'd see this written on all the newspaper boxes around town:

Then I put on the glasses:

And everything fell into place.

I'd like to hear your Hoffman lenses story. How has your view of the world changed? And what was the defining moment when you knew it was all lies?
Conversely, if you're still living in a spoonfed dreamworld, then: "Put on the damn glasses!"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/vs519443cd.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/eq5194475e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I do sleep and I have reproduced.

Am I in some sort of trouble?

+1 more 
posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

9/11 did it for me.

I was horrified with the aircraft impacting the buildings.

Then the first building went down and the series of thoughts I had went something like, .....why did it collapse.....OMG it fell into its own footprint ......that's near impossible ...... terrible event but NYC is bloody lucky, could have had buildings falling like dominoes if it had gone over like it should have .....

Then the second building went down into its own footprint. My emotions froze solid as hell. My thoughts went ....Pee Off, not possible ...... WTH. Then I got angry.

That was my defining moment. Won't tell you what I thought when the third one went down.

P

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The lies leading up to the Iraq war got me wondering at a young age. Then as I got older, JFK conspiracy, ancient aliens (Von Danikaan, introduced to me by my grade 9 teacher) got me heading in this direction. I got a little older and my friends knew I liked that sort of stuff and then after finding Prison Planet, I stumbled onto ATS and will only leave once I get banned. (or the wife threatens to leave me for having ATS as my mistress).

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i wuz born with those glasses on!
thanks for reminding me!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It was the late great George Carlin who said, "Don't just teach your children to read. Teach them to question what they read. Teach them to QUESTION EVERYTHING!" I think I first heard that when I about eight or nine...it has been my mantra ever since.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'm with tinhattribunal, I think I was born questioning. No one ever had to tell me what UFOs were...I already just knew. In fact, I don't remember anyone ever having to explain the paranormal or supernatural to me either. But, like many others, 9/11 was the huge neon sign.

I don't trust anything the government says, never have. The American gov't has always lied, we know it, and we still allow it somehow. That's our bad...we've yet to hit that boiling point where we rise up en masse and show the gov't what real democracy is. Until that point, everyone seems content to be the good little mindless consumers they need us to be.

Sad, sad world.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Being in the military did it for me.

It is one thing to watch events on TV and have them be questioned. It was maddening for me to have participate in illegal wars and be away from my home and family just to terrorize someone else that never wanted me occupying their country in the first place. I could'nt get out fast enough.

Whats sad is the fact that nowadays the politicians don't even try to make up credible lies. They just blatantly lie and know there is nothing anyone can do about it except maybe get on a computer and gripe and moan about it. Ever notice how the reasons for the Iraq war kept changing? First it was Saddam having WMD's, then it was freeing the Iraqi people, then it was fighting the terrorists over there so they did'nt swim across the ocean and blow us all up because they hate how free we are. On and on.

Nobody cares. It is like it is to be expected in this day and age.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
For me, it was the gradual realization that authority figures are often quite flawed, selfish, inconsiderate, abusive and in their own eyes, faultless.

Thanks, mom and dad.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I've been wearing Hoffman's glasses for as long as I can remember. Had a lot to do with my grandfather and mother. I knew there was corruption and manipulations taking place on a multitude of levels but I viewed it all with ambivalence or almost acceptance that all these little mechanisms that I saw had a point or were ultimately for the benefit of humanity. Whereas I see most people mentioning the Iraq War or 9/11 as being that breaking point, I saw what was being done and did as I was told. I said nothing to anyone beyond those closest to me though it distressed me to see the heavy toll of manipulation taking place. My only excuse is that I was heavily dissociative and depersonalized and viewed just about everything with a profound sense of detachment. That sense of detachment started eroding with the BP oil spill where, as dumb luck would have it as I had gone back to school, I had to do a situational analysis for a major oil company. That assignment forced me to watch and devour as much information as I could on the subject of that oil spill as it was the greatest potential impact to the industry. I was horrified beyond measure at what I was seeing taking place. All those little mechanisms that I had long seen being used to manipulate and delude the public and to quell information from being released for an ecological horror. My assigned 8 page analysis became a 34 page analysis with a scope that had been unprecedented for that assignment.

Then I stumbled across something that shook me to the core. I found others like me and found that some of my closest old friends were "processed" for the lack of a better word in the same way as me. I started to remember and the act of remembering didn't just restore lost memories. It restored my humanity to me. Now, I look out there and see the same things that I did before but the lenses never come off. Instead of being silent, I scream.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Psyclobin mushrooms and the internet. And obliviously 9/11. So obvious a toddler could figure it out.

But what really did it for me was my accepting of the fact that the only thing I know, is that I know nothing. Accepting your own ignorance is something almost everyone should do, but unfortunately self esteem and the ego get's in the way.

This is also why I can never really hold a belief system. Every time I read more and more into these conspiracies it's like peeling back layers of an onion, it's like going down an endless rabbit hole only to find out that you have no control over what the future holds for you, and you sit here, reading these conspiracies, trying to find the truth. I wonder if anyone else feels like me (hopefully not) I'm 18 yearsold and I feel like a broken 40 year old man. Really really sad, I wish I never found the internet or the computer, it's hijacked my life completely, I'm starting to feel more numb and less human.

The thing that sucks about reading conspiracies is the deeper you go, you start to build a shell around yourself. You don't go out really much anymore. Your world is your computer. And a constant numbness plagues you with the occasional wiff of regret and remorse. Now I know this isn't everyone, but I noticed this within my self, I'm not really growing or evolving as a person, I'm just hiding behind a computer screen pretending that I know anything writing on a "conspiracy" forum that has strange ties to the DoD and the NSA.

/end rant

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

...writing on a "conspiracy" forum that has strange ties to the DoD and the NSA.

Shh. SkepticOverlord will swoop down and ridicule you.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I know exactly how you feel, because you described what I've been doing for years. But when I got out, found my way into nature, I realized there's something so much bigger than that horrible machine our societies have become.

Find god inside yourself, and then you'll become one with everything. And find peace, finally.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Is it just me, or did anybody else spy the "Edgar Cayce on ESP" book over his right shoulder?

Interesting me thinks.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

I caught that too. I think there a number of other bits and pieces in the film as well. And then of course there's the graffiti during the opening minutes of the film:

Another "Murals With Metaphors" Thread: "John Carpenter's They Live"
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 12/11/2010 @ 12:51 PM

edit on 5/17/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'd like to hear your Hoffman lenses story. How has your view of the world changed? And what was the defining moment when you knew it was all lies?

Colour me confused
......but what are "Hoffman glasses", and when am I supposed to have known what was all lies?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Colour me confused
......but what are "Hoffman glasses", and when am I supposed to have known what was all lies?

I think OP should have called them Roddy lenses haha,, hes talking about the sunglasses the guy wears in the movie 'they live'

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by P-M-H

In the film a character in the resistance refers to them as "Hoffman Lenses" which is in itself a reference to Albert Hoffman, the inventor of L.S.D.

When Rowdy Roddy Piper happens upon members of the resistance talking in the back of the church, the dialog goes something like "We're not going to be able to reach enough people! What are we gonna do, manufacture HOFFMAN Lenses until our eyes turn blue?"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Hmm... Well to start it was religion, I asked my youth leader questions about things that he couldn't answer all the way up to my confirmation and he seemed genuine in trying to explain why he didnt have an answer but it didnt click with me.

Then 9/11 happened and an old man down the road gave me a vhs to watch, didnt think anything of it when he gave it to me. But it was a conspiracy video and it showed me that questioning was a good thing, even if it meant questioning the content that was the conspiracy.

Then the wars, and suddenly I really started getting into politics and realized we are all snipped*.

Always been into the unknown generally tho thanks to x-files and various books on the unkown we had laying around.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I hear ya brother the trick is if your going to go down the rabbit hole take a light with you.

Its hard to have faith in humanity and the world but i tell ya seeing one act of kindness or participating in one will take away the pain of ten acts of people screwing people. And as another poster said find god or whatever you fancy, the universal code, love, ascension, unlock your third eye, heck make contact with trans dimensional spirits. Find your light .

I found mine in nature and the cosmos.

Ats has a lot of helpful topics and users on that one. Thats the great thing about the rabbit hole is all it takes is just a little light to break through the darkness. Remember when light is present it cant become overtaken by the dark but when there is only darkness the faintest light will over take it,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join