It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask Cliffe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Did a search and was surprised I found nothing here on Cliffe Knechtle. Actually only learned about him few days ago and Ive been enjoying his videos on #20 now. He isn't too arrogant and all though he doesn't always make a convincing case in debates, he can always hold his own.

He's a pastor and goes from college to college debating atheist students.

His website givemeananswer.org...

edit on 15-5-2013 by cass1dy09 because: not a conspiracy

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cass1dy09
... and all though he doesn't always make a convincing case in debates, he can always hold his own.

He's a pastor and goes from college to college debating atheist students.

One cant help but wonder why he doesnt *always* win.

He is, after all, a professional debater, taking on amateur students.
Secondly, because he's on the side of religion (where facts dont matter and its all about belief), going up against atheism (where evidence, data, and facts matter), I'm stunned that in a debate situation he cant rule. Always.

If I wanted to win a religion vs. atheism argument, I'd always...
- choose the "religion" side
- choose a time limited debate.

Much like the creationsim vs evolution discussion. In writing, creationism always gets stomped on, but in a time limited debate the creationst can just make stuff up off the top of their head and win.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cass1dy09

Thanks for sharing the video. To be honest from watching the video he seems like another pastor who is still ignorant about topics relating to atheism, science, etc. He's just nicer and knows how to conduct himself to others. As Mick Foley mentions in his book: "It's not the words, but how it is said." That means people who are going to be openly arrogant will alienate people. The pastor in the video seems to know how conduct himself with others. Even though his messages seem to be the same as the arrogant pastors who hold ridiculous signs.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I can agree with that, he does mention his brother is a surgeon though. He doesn't disagree with evolution his argument is something had to start it. (Other then a particle)

Edit @alfa: Im not sure why you're stunned as it isn't surprising there is only so much proof you can give till you include faith which is not a discussion we need to get into. This is Cliffe vs popular atheist Matt Dillahunty. I wont say Cliffe "won" but I wouldn't say Matt did either. youtu.be...
edit on 15-5-2013 by cass1dy09 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by cass1dy09

Thanks for sharing the video. To be honest from watching the video he seems like another pastor who is still ignorant about topics relating to atheism, science, etc.

Maybe it's perspective, but I didn't see any ignorance in that video on the part of the pastor. The hipster atheist guy came across as something of a dope, spouting the usual atheist arguments that require one to be a Fundamentalist to believe them, and the girl doesn't seem to understand the difference between science and philosophy, which the pastor does.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I was talking about the video the OP shared. There was a scene where he called evolution a "philosophical science" other than anything relating to biology and the like. Which showed me he was the same as many Christian preachers before him who shared the same views. He just knew how to project him to others. You know what I'm saying?

new topics

top topics

join