It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NASA/ESA Cover-Up

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hey you know how they sell property on the moon. is there a place to by mars property and how legal is that anyway?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
enter the nefarious.

clogging the thread to debunk what is real.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the lakes look like they are surrunded by trees(which explains why they are in black and white), the deseret lake look like it cam from the grand canyon. to me they water ones look like fakes.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
please explain which images are "the water ones".

btw...all images are courtesy of ESA/NASA. I will provide original url's if you desire.

they are not fake, unless of course, ESA/NASA faked 'em.

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
If NASA wanted people to think of Mars is more hostile they only had to show the pictures without light amplification, so people could see how little Sun light there is at that distance from the Sun.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Please cite evidence of your assertion that light amplification is being employed.

Though much less energy reaches Mars than Earth, it is not THAT much farther away from the Sun in cosmological terms.

Now, Pluto is a different matter.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Der Kapitan.

These pics are unaltered.

All that was done was adjust the gamma slightly to bring out detail.

No color adjustments.

copper ore?...perhaps....but there is more than just the "green"...open your mind...many many interesting structures and features.

one other thing...I forget my Chemistry...but wouldn't copper ore that is green be oxidizing?

little free oxygen on Mars, no? Someone please correct me on this.

Maybe its something else.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by moxyone]

there's little O2 on earth, too... most of our atmosphere is nitrogen and stuff... a lil' O2 goes a long way. an atmosphere of pure oxygen would be very bad for people...anywayz, due to the extreme shifts in temperatures during day and night on mars, oxidization of copper ores is highly probably. but it does look a bit like algae on a lake or even a sky view of a forest... they found polar ice caps, that's a definite, who knows? gravity and atmosphere are so different on mars, who knows waht may evolve in such an environment...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   
As I recall Earth's atmosphere is 20% O2, which i would not define as being "a little".

On Mars, the level is 10-7. That's almost non-existent.

I don't think the case for "copper oxidation" can be made.

The most recent poster said it resembled vegetation, and that's the direction I'm leaning towards as well.

Here's a comparison:

Earth Venus Mars
N2 0.79 2 3 x 10-4
O2 0.20 < 0.001 10-7

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

picard

it is critical that you save the images to your hard drive, then use a decent viewer to zoom in on detailed structures.

All is not what it seems...more than geological processes seem to be at work.

Adjusting the gamma can assist in bringing out detail...surprising detail at that.

soot? yes...there are many instances of venting....venting what though?

While there are many interesting things on the surface of Mars, what lies below?

The Mars Express has an instrument that can examine the composition of subterranian Mars, but the deployment of the boom has been indefinitely delayed. The reasons cited for the delayed deployment are sketchy.

I have some more pics that I will share at a later date.

In the meantime, any friends from europe who could possibly apply some pressure on the ESA, or at least contact your news outlets to apply some pressure and get them to release more images.

The longer they are witheld, the more suspicious I am that what they have already imaged will rock the world.

regards

if there is soot, mayhaps it's from active volcanoes? I'm sure mars has a gooey rock core like most solid planets...

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There is no evidence whatsoever of recent vulcanism on mars.

Something other mechanism appears to be at work.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

We used to be told that Mars was completely dry, and now we know that NASA suppressed the findings from Viking showing water ice on nearby rocks.

Umm... Actually, Mars has been known to harbor water (predominately mixed in with dry ice (frozen CO2) at the polar caps) just about since telescopes have been used. With the right equipment and when Mars is at opposition you can see the polar caps quite nicely. And the images and findings of ice on Mars from the Viking images was never surpressed. From them we learned that Mars wasn't as dry as we thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The images that you speak about were recently released.

They were not available in the 1970s.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Do you mean pictures like this one still on the ESA-site?

www.esa.int...

or

www.esa.int...

[edit on 19-11-2004 by Stefan]

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The second picture that you posted was the very first image that I saw from the ESA Mars Express last February.

Interesting coloration, no?

The Mars Express has a camera capable of 2 meter resolution...does that look like 2 meter resolution?

If not, why haven't any 2-meter resolutions been released?

Clearly, there is a lot more to Mars than dust and rocks...and it is going on today...not 150 million years ago.

The top pic shoes some interesting coloration as well.

President Bush early this year announced a renewed initiative for a human mission to Mars...why all of a sudden? Why now?

Have we been invited? Many questions, and but a few intriguing images.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Have we been invited?

I do not think that we need an invitation.

I do not think that the Selenits invited the humans to their planet, and we visit them all the same.

And we all know that George W. Bush does not need an invitation, if he wants to go to same place.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Please cite evidence of your assertion that light amplification is being employed.

Though much less energy reaches Mars than Earth, it is not THAT much farther away from the Sun in cosmological terms.

Now, Pluto is a different matter.

The light decreases with the square of the distance, that is why a candle can not iluminate a whole room, unless it is a very small room.

Acording to NASA:

The average solar intensity at the orbit of Mars is 590 W/m2, compared with 1370 W/m2 in Earth orbit

So, for the pictures to show anything worth viewing, they must show more light than we see, that is allways used in photography but people do not notice it.

On Pluto, the light is 1/1000 of what we have here on Earth.

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   

As I recall Earth's atmosphere is 20% O2, which i would not define as being "a little".

On Mars, the level is 10-7. That's almost non-existent.

I don't think the case for "copper oxidation" can be made.

The most recent poster said it resembled vegetation, and that's the direction I'm leaning towards as well.

Here's a comparison:

Earth Venus Mars
N2 0.79 2 3 x 10-4
O2 0.20 < 0.001 10-7

The case for copper oxidation:

THATS WHERE THE ATMOSPHERIC OXYGEN WENT!
Into Iron Oxide, into oxides of copper.

It's possible these metal oxides are the keepers of SOME of Mars'
Original Atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   

But then, a funny thing happened. ESA put a clamp on the release of images, and NASA seemingly ignored the more interesting objects that the rovers encountered.

MOXYONE are u postive these pictures are legit because if so look what I found?

Can it be a new finding, we all have over looked?

[edit on 20-11-2004 by 2ndSEED]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   
wow.... i always new there was something going on with mars that wasnt quite right, but not anything like this... if you think about it, have you been to or even seen mars in person, that close? i doubt many have, unless you personally work at NASA or ESA, then maybe you know whats going on and cant disclose it, or you dont. we cant really eat any other truth than what they feed us, or so it seems. i wonder if such a conspiracy can relate to anything else currenyly in this life? dfh out.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join