It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NASA/ESA Cover-Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Mizar, referring to the green valleys, id like to see a pic of copper ( i assume this is the metal that would 'rust' green) that isn't predominantly turquoise. Also you are no doubt aware of the planet wide dust storms that frequent mars, deep valley or no, any 'rust' i believe would be quickly covered up. Also notice the valleys arnt steep sided, quite wide really.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
They did say the immages were un- alterd but something i just though of was what wave lengths were the pictures taken it we often forget that pictures of science are taken in Gama, raido, x ray, visicible light, adn many more

the immages could simply have been take with a different part of teh spectrum the human eye only precives a verry smal portion of the spectra of light.

and i know for a fact the rovers have more than one type of camera

true the dust would have but it could also go vice versa the winds could uncover the dust also like the wid did on the rover solar pannels.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mizar
They did say the immages were un- alterd but something i just though of was what wave lengths were the pictures taken it we often forget that pictures of science are taken in Gama, raido, x ray, visicible light, adn many more

The first image is from the ESA website, so you can go there and see what kind of equipment they used to take the photo.

I think the photo is this one.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
yes, i think we shall have to wait for moxyone to confirm if these pics are true colour or not, although im pretty sure he said these are the real deal. If so it begs the question why this hasnt been investigated into further.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hold on thoes pictures are from mars global surveyer! not opurtnity ans spirit hte rover are ROVERS ground vehicles thats areal photos that global survery pics you might want to chek your source now. i think something is ary here......

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It is a forgone conclusion that NASA would not release information or valuable images, remember they are DoD.
Do you honestly think your DoD would release photos to the general public or even to the general science community?

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's some more Mars photos for you, including the one that shows the red filter they have been using to give the impression that Mars is less habitable than it actually is.

www.abidemiracles.com...

There are no guarantees here--stated nor implied--about the legitimacy of any of these FIFTY-TWO Mars photos. Okay?

There are just three with bad file names. I'll fix 'em later. --Chaiyah

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
yes, these images are authentic. As I previously stated, all I adjusted was the gamma.

Here is a BW crop of the Louros Valley area...it is ANYTHING but "normal", as a previous poster so casually stated.

E_T

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
...including the one that shows the red filter....

Actually you need that red filter if you're gonna take color images. (+ blue and green)
Find out how digicams works:
electronics.howstuffworks.com...

Images for scientific use are regularly black and white pics (or black and white pic for every channel: red, green and blue) and different colors are used only to represent entirely different radiation wavelengths.
But general public would keep those boring so images for public use are often made by combining those different grayscale images of "color channels" to produce color image from those three colors, just like your monitor does.
And some of these might be black&white photos colored with image processing software. (Like "Colorize" function in Paint Shop Pro)

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
From ESA website:

[ESA Mars Express Camera Specs

"High Resolution Stereo Camera (HRSC)

The HRSC will image the entire planet in full colour, 3D and with a resolution of about 10 metres. Selected areas will be imaged at 2-metre resolution. One of the camera's greatest strengths will be the unprecedented pointing accuracy achieved by combining images at the two different resolutions. Another will be the 3D imaging which will reveal the topography of Mars in full colour.

"As the 2-metre resolution image is nested in a 10-metre resolution swath, we will know precisely where we are looking. The 2-metre resolution channel will allow us to just pick out the Beagle 2 lander on the surface," says Gerhard Neukum, HRSC Principal Investigator from Freie Universitt Berlin, Germany. "

Pick out the Beagle 2 Lander? OK..where is it? Where's the Polar Lander?

How about sharing some 2 meter resolution images of this:

What's up w/ the boom?

MARSIS Sub-Surface Sounding Radar Altimeter

MARSIS will map the sub-surface structure to a depth of a few kilometres. The instrument's 40-metre long antenna will send low frequency radio waves towards the planet, which will be reflected from any surface they encounter.

For most, this will be the surface of Mars, but a significant fraction will travel through the crust to be reflected at sub-surface interfaces between layers of different material, including water or ice.

"We should be able to measure the thickness of sand deposits in dune areas, or determine whether there are layers of sediment sitting on top of other material," says Giovanni Picardi, MARSIS Principal Investigator from Universita di Roma 'La Sapienza', Rome, Italy. MARSIS will also study the ionosphere, as this electrically charged region of the upper atmosphere will reflect some radio waves.

Too much secrecy folks....something's going on at Mars that is not being revealed.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The ESA, the last I looked, still had two pictures I believe that had blue "roundish" spots.
I dont recall seeing any of the photos posted here on their site...though I havent visited for awhile.

That polar ice-cap...covering of a "hollow" mars?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
People,

I just checked the ESA's site and they do have tons of Hi res pictures there, so much for a conspiracy theory!

You just have to click on "hi res Image" option.

Moxy, why do you have to make one up?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Do you know why it's surface is red? It's from the iron-sand/dust/what-be-it oxidizing. For a bit more reading you could see this: www.why-is-the-sky-blue.org...

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

NASA wants us to think it's a more hostile climate than it actually is. Otherwise, why would they use a red filter in front of their cameras?

Tell me.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
NASA wants us to think it's a more hostile climate than it actually is. Otherwise, why would they use a red filter in front of their cameras?

Tell me.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Emily_Cragg]

They use three filters to take pictures on Mars. E_T tried explaining this to you already in this thread and even gave an excellent website explaining how digital cameras work.

But just to beat a dead horse... The image on the left is just using two of the filters, the Blue and Green specifically. The Red is added to give a TRUE color of Mars. Have you ever looked at Mars through a telescope? You'll see that it is indeed red. Even looking at it without a telescope you'll see it as a red dot in the sky. It's not caled "The Red Planet" for no reason afterall!

EDIT: Not sure if this has been presented yet or not, but here's a HIGHLY comprehensive ATSNN Exclusive you should read: EXCLUSIVE: NASA Is Not Altering Mars Colors.

[edit on 11/17/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Alright well first of all the black and white one with the lake beleave me i love my theorys but theres just to much diffrent then i can take they could just be a deifrent type of matter there that makes it look that way. next the other ones you do not need O2 to be there to rust there there is some air on mars so i guess i could see rust being there more then normal

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Aelita..I am not making this up...please define "tons"

The Mars Express has been orbiting since last January....I venture that over 50,000 images have been snapped.

The ESA site has some pics, yes of course, but where are the HIGH-RES...and not the ones they say are high-res...the real ones.

I guess you have eyes but cannot see.

As for the debunkers showing up w/ their rover "color" crap, this thread is not about the rovers.

Aelita...look at the images I posted..they are real.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Some of my 38 NASA photos of Mars show a blue sky and grey rocks, which are characteristic of an earthly environment.

You want to tell me, the Martian sky is red and the rocks are brown?

Hmmm.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We used to be told that Mars was completely dry, and now we know that NASA suppressed the findings from Viking showing water ice on nearby rocks.

Why is it so difficult for you people to accept that Mars is indeed a more hospitable place than you were taught. NASA is slowly preparing you for that fact.

LOOK at the images...someone please explain the venting and STRUCTURES that are evident to all but the blind, misguided, or worst of all, nefarious.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
comon you should have known this. who knows what else there hiding from us

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join