It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NASA/ESA Cover-Up

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
WHen the rovers first transmitted their pictures of the martian world, I was like a child again, my curiosity and thirst for new knowledge ignited. Then, when the ESA Mars Express began to transmit images, I was in awe, as just about everything I had learned (or had been told) about mars seemed in error.

But then, a funny thing happened. ESA put a clamp on the release of images, and NASA seemingly ignored the more interesting objects that the rovers encountered.

Before the ESA image embargo took hold, however, they did release this image of a Martian Valley. Take a long look at this image, zoom in on certain areas of it, and above all, leave all preconceptions about the "Red Planet" at the door.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Here's an idea of scale:

Keep in mind, that the valleys on mars are about as far below the plateaus as Everest is high. This results in much higher temperatures and pressures (think Death Valley x 6).

I have a few other images that I have saved, but sadly, out of thousands upon thousands upon thousands of images that have been recorded, only a handful have been released...and nothing to compare with the earliest ones.

I wonder why.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by moxyone]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Woah! is this for real moxyone? Iv never seen those pics before, i certainly know what i think that is! anymore pics?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Here are what can only be called martian lakes...and sure looks like anything but sand surronding them.

From MOC.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by moxyone
Here are what can only be called martian lakes...and sure looks like anything but sand surronding them.

From MOC.

Shame its not in colour, but again a really good pic iv never seen before. I agree they certainly look like lakes, i mean look how smooth they look , usually signifies liquid. My breath's still taken away by those first two though

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
picard..they are very much for real, and the detail present probably explains the image moratorium.

Here's an interesting MOC image called "Parrot City"

interesting, no?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Hmm, not sure what im looking at with this one, unless you mean the rippling? Could indicate water, could just be wind blowing sand into ripples, but that last one definately looks like water the more i keep on looking at it. Keep em coming if you'v got more

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Less gravity. I think the sands and dust of Mars would flow a little easier on Mars, giving it this kind of look. Dune fields on Earth look similiar. As to the "green pics": If those are untampered, I'd say it's copper ore oxidizing at the surface.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
here are some closeups of the original thread image:

and

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Here's another ESA pic of a different valley.

enjoy

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Der Kapitan.

These pics are unaltered.

All that was done was adjust the gamma slightly to bring out detail.

No color adjustments.

copper ore?...perhaps....but there is more than just the "green"...open your mind...many many interesting structures and features.

one other thing...I forget my Chemistry...but wouldn't copper ore that is green be oxidizing?

little free oxygen on Mars, no? Someone please correct me on this.

Maybe its something else.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I assume your referring to the darkened areas here, perhaps some kind of dark lava rock? But then i dunno how to explain the 'splash' affect spaying outward. Almost looks like soot or something.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To be honest, does oxygen need to be present for "rusting" to occur? I'd need to look that one up.
For the record: I have a VERY open mind.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thank you very much moxyone for sharing these pictures.
I have yet to see these.

If you have not seen this site before, you should give it a look through.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by netobrev]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
picard

it is critical that you save the images to your hard drive, then use a decent viewer to zoom in on detailed structures.

All is not what it seems...more than geological processes seem to be at work.

Adjusting the gamma can assist in bringing out detail...surprising detail at that.

soot? yes...there are many instances of venting....venting what though?

While there are many interesting things on the surface of Mars, what lies below?

The Mars Express has an instrument that can examine the composition of subterranian Mars, but the deployment of the boom has been indefinitely delayed. The reasons cited for the delayed deployment are sketchy.

I have some more pics that I will share at a later date.

In the meantime, any friends from europe who could possibly apply some pressure on the ESA, or at least contact your news outlets to apply some pressure and get them to release more images.

The longer they are witheld, the more suspicious I am that what they have already imaged will rock the world.

regards

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
While I have no proof of any cover up, I do remember such images of what could be northern lake regions near the polar cap on Mars. This as I remember was discussed along with the discovery of methane in the atmosphere by JPL. JPL always stops short of the "L" word (life).

Are you in a hurry to find out you are only a science experiment? _javascript:icon('
')

[edit on 5-11-2004 by IntelRetard]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ok , well i zoomed in to what i think you may be referring too. I can definately see some, what can only be described as artificial shapes there (circled), with clear right angles , indicating some kind of structure i guess. Is this what you are seeing? Unfortunately i have a poor picture viewer, windows pic viewer so i cant make out alot else on that pic. Keep the pics coming, these are brill

(Edits were just so i could get the pic to work)
[edit on 6-11-2004 by picard_is_actually_a_grey]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
When we use only jpg images, and the we zoom in and save them as jpg image again, we start to have more jpg artefacts than real images, that is why I usually download the TIFF or PNG version of the images, if they exist.

Also, the colour images from that Mars valley are a composite from other photos, if you want detail you should use the greyscale version.

The ESA site has more recent pictures, but they are only from June.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The pictures seem relativly normal to me nothing out the ordinary. but i do have to say i was following the rover missions for a long time then teh images began to get just boring and they quit showing intresting developments.
Thoes pictures of green valleys could possibly be rusting if there was once liquid water then it would most likely flow to the lower portions of the planet and when you put some metal in water and leave it alone it rusts right? if the valleys are deep the rust could stay there for millions of years because winds wouldnt effect them.

i dont think there is anything to get worried about yet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join