It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet reeling from a swarm of earthquakes over last 72 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com...

May 15, 2013 – GEOLOGY – A flurry of earthquakes continues across the planet over the past 72 hours, showing few signs of abatement. Seismic tension continues to build across the Pacific Plate, the Cocos plate (Central America), and the Nazca plate, near South America. Tectonic plate agitation appears to be increasing, along with volcanic pressures under many of the world’s major volcanoes. -TEP

ATS is usually very good about reporting earthquakes but I have not seen this posted.

Also:

55th volcano erupts in Alaska: Scientists say small lava flows have been detected on two restless volcanoes in Alaska. The Alaska Volcano Observatory says satellite images Tuesday show the lava partly down a flank of Pavlof Volcano in a low-level eruption 625 miles southwest of Anchorage.
news.yahoo.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com... Also this about the core being out of sync (on occasion?) was very interesting to me.....
The last article is about a newly discovered underwater volcano

After the glacier melts back, the earth will rebound.” Like a trampoline, or waterbed, but at a much slower pace. “So at one time, in Misty Fiords, there was close to 4,000 foot of ice on that site, so the weight of that ice at least pushed down (created) as high as 400 feet of displacement,” Baichtal added. So, in summary, the volcano erupted within the last 13,000 years, after the ice retreated, as the land was slowly bouncing back, and when sea levels were lower. They figured out most of this stuff just from examining the surveys. Volcanoes show up along faults in the earth’s crust, so when the fault moves enough to expose magma, that can lead to a volcanic eruption

edit on 15-5-2013 by 727Sky because: content added

edit on 15-5-2013 by 727Sky because: ....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Speaking as somebody who actually owns a seismometer and keeps an eye on such things, my own view is there has been nothing extraordinary in the last few days, and thtis article is a very vague attempt at fearmongering.

Seismic tension continues to build across the Pacific Plate, the Cocos plate...

And that sentence doesnt even make sense. Seismic tension is RELEASED, not built up, during an earthquake.

Summary: Somebody at TEP who doesnt know what they're talking about is fearmongering.

edit on 15-5-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I look at the RSOE and live earthquake mashup websites pretty frequently and am not seeing much of a up tick.

Of course, I watch those websites because I'm kind of a rock when it come to earthquakes.
I'm learning though, slowly but surely.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I'm like the dawg but I watch USGS religiously and try to see patterns. From my chair I'm not seeing anything I would consider abnormal of late. I used to suspect quakes were tied into CME's but I can't honestly say after the last few years of watching that there is any correlation.
edit on 15-5-2013 by minkmouse because: not to PO the DAWG cos dog is different spelling and meaning potentially

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Both you guys are probably correct. Maybe more hype than anything unusual. I did think the map was rather graphic yet would have been much better if a scale showing how large the quakes were. This last year there was some speculation about another plate being formed or breaking off the Pacific plate due to tension and movement.

The break-up of the Indo-Australian Plate, which was hastened by 8.6 and 8.2 earthquakes in 2012 could further increase seismic volatility in the region. May 15, 2013 – INDIA –

scientists at the University of Southampton, UK and the Canadian government’s Pacific Geoscience Centre have suggested in their research, published in reputed journal Geophysical Research Letters. “The Makran subduction zone is potentially capable of producing major earthquakes, up to magnitude 8.7-9.2,” Gemma Smith, lead author and PhD student at Southampton said. “Past assumptions may have significantly underestimated the earthquake and tsunami hazard in this region.”

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I check them daily - like many people just to keep an eye out for an uptick - does look like China is getting a bigger bashing than usual.

www.iris.edu...

Lot's of volcanoes showing red too.

earthalerts.manyjourneys.com...

Keep an eye - sometimes we can get complacent!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Copy that...

new topics

top topics

join