It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know how much more I can take....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I know that we are headed straight down, I know that it started with 9/11 and I know what we are becoming.

Personally, I think it started before then. 9/11 was made out to be a new Pearl Harbor and the majority of people swallowed it hook line and sinker. People like dramatic events, even if they are horrible ones.

I agree with the majority of what you say. Personally I think this they are planning on crashing the US/Global economy at some point within a few years. Honestly I am surprised they have propped it up this long. I think when it happens and money is worthless we are going to see very bad things happening in this country. I would like to be an optimist and say there is hope, but I can't see any. It will be more of the same and the system will keep on feeding off of itself until it can't any longer.

What worries me the most is that most people act like there is nothing they can do about it. And really, they're right.

I think the best thing people can do for themselves right now is learn to grow a garden and jar/can things. There are going to be many hungry people living in this country soon that thought it would never happen to them.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Look man...I know exactly what you are saying. I've been saying it for years. If you know about Smedley Butler and his book "war is a racket", then you are aware of treason he unearthed that was foiled then only to see the recent attempt that was successful. Bush jr. said America is a country of laws yet we find it's a country of law breakers. "We the people" are no longer the Guardians and benefactors of the Constitution. The last couple generations allowed the theft of the Constitution under their watch.
This did not result from a foreign enemy,... it was the result of Americans who allowed foreign entities, i.e. United Nations, international bankers and Wall St. to dismantle our nations sovereignty.
So, to the person who stated our situation is nothing more than whats always been the struggle of the past, I just want to make it clear to her that we are now in uncharted waters. For her to not be aware of that fact only lends to the crime committed on us. Everything you stated is fact. It's a sobering reality that is hard to swallow and in need for a miracle to wake people up if we have a chance redeem our country.
You and i can only pray for that miracle to materialize before America's experiment fades into history. Personally, and although i agree with you'r sentiments, i will not allow these bastards break my spirit.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You know everything is starting to turn down #creek when Marshall Law hit Boston. They know now they can get away with almost anything now.

You know I've always wondered.. Are we living in a holographic world that resembles hell? Is this all some kind of "testing" phase for the afterlife? You hear this quite a bit from Christians who say this life is only a test to reach the afterlife. This idea has always intrigued me.

Look around you. Does the Earth resemble good and justice? Or does it resemble all of the circles in Dantes Inferno?

I honestly wish I was born in a different time. I know lots of people say this but it's true. Maybe even a indigenous North American. No technology really, no computer, no mass brainwashing from the television, just pure and simple life, with the occasional tribe war or two.

I can't wait to leave this purgatory.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nothing can compare to having Washington send federal troops to your state to take it over, and then burn the major cities to the ground.

I guess be glad you aren't a georgian in 1860;'s

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
You know everything is starting to turn down #creek when Marshall Law hit Boston. They know now they can get away with almost anything now.

I can't wait to leave this purgatory.

Who is making you stay so long? Are you not free to leave at will?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Heh yes my post probably came off as angst and overall just mindless dribble. You raise a good point, if this is hell, why don't I just bit the bullet and leave? I honestly don't have the stones. I also have this fear that I might turn into a tree like in Dantes Inferno.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Heh yes my post probably came off as angst and overall just mindless dribble. You raise a good point, if this is hell, why don't I just bit the bullet and leave? I honestly don't have the stones. I also have this fear that I might turn into a tree like in Dantes Inferno.

It came off sounding dickish I'm sorry. Thanks for the honest answer. I've been there.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Government is necessary as is some form and level of perceived structure, culture and social adherence. What is not necessary and what should not be endured is the level that we currently find ourselves marred in. Surely, you would agree.

Sorry, Helious, but this is what governments do. It's what governments have done since the first man declared, "I am the leader!"

We see governments falling all over the world because they go too far every time. They can't help it. It's the nature of the beast. The ambitious want more power. The greedy want more money. So, they manipulate their position in government, creating laws and making those laws LOOK like they're good for the people.

There's even greed within each department. Each department gets a set amount of money each year. And, each year they want more money. How do they get it? They create a need and cook the books to show they need more money.

And, when governments go too far, REVOLUTION! It's the only way to reign in runaway leaders and governments.

edit on 5/16/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sadly, I think your entirely right about everything you just said. It's disheartening but perhaps noble beginnings and intentions inevitably give way to greed and personal corruption every time the cycle begins anew. If that truly is the case, I'm left to wonder where that leaves us exactly.

Even if the stage must be torn down and rebuilt and even knowing that it may only be a temporary fix for a much larger problem with our current state of evolution, I honestly don't see what choice we have. If we abandoned principle, forsake justice and turn a blind eye to hope then we just may not ever make it to the next step as a species.

I think the paradigm of master and slave, Gods and men, rulers and followers will more sooner than later give way to a different general thinking. I think advances in science and technology may in the near future give us greater cause to see ourselves as one human race instead of having tribal like territorial ambitions. This is speculation of course but I believe it to be likely and I think in the mean time, we as a society and as a people need to be free and enjoy liberty to cultivate the best in the human spirit and mind.

edit on 16-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Hopechest,

I have to admit, this would be the first time I would fall on the same aisle as you. As the OP stated earlier, you are knowledgable and informed but our logics always seem to take us in different directions.

Anyway, I don't completely agree with you nor do I completely disagree with OP. Yes things are bad today,,,,real bad in fact. And like the OP I find myself wondering the same things, specifically how it will impact my daughter knowing that I'm awake and know the truth more or less, therefore I will be compelled to action when I am called to do so. This is the hardest and most painful thought as I know it will have serious ramifications with my beautiful daughter.

That said, Hopechest is right. Things have been quite #ty for a while, I'd say going on 12,000 years or so. When the old cycle ended and new one began we once again found ourselves in the lowest density possible. And as we progressed through the ages we evolve into what we are today, which with just a little research was predicted by every ancient culture that has ever written about it without exception. This is part of the cycle and nothing more so as much as our moralities want us to intervene, we don't and can't, because its simply not time. We are approaching that time at warp speed though that's for sure.

For the better part of 10yrs I found myself trying to alert anyone who would listen about what was happening. Aside from maybe a dozen souls waking form their slumber the only impact I really noticed was me being ostracized from everyone I cared about. I can't blame them, no one wants to be miserable and when you share what happens around the world today of course it will be negative and of course it doesn't want to be heard. Also, people have no desire to rock the boat.....fear more than anything else.

Over the last year but more specifically over the past couple months I have been trying to change my focus on what is good and positive directly in my life and keep to that. I remain aware of everything else but I try not to let it get to me. Of course being as emotional of a person as I am its not always that simple but in the end, the time will come and I will be ready. It's just that simple.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I think the paradigm of master and slave, Gods and men, rulers and followers will more sooner than later give way to a different general thinking. I think advances in science and technology may in the near future give us greater cause to see ourselves as one human race
reply to post by Helious

In order for this change we would have to change as a species. We are ruled by emotions and I don't see that changing any time soon.

If you take away the technology, we are just like chimps. We love, we fear, we socialize, we are selfish, curious, even warring. We mate, we hate, and we gather in groups so there is always an 'us against them' scenario. There's no difference other than we think big thoughts.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The system as it is does not work and it is because the system only cares and operates on basis of cold hard cash and cares nothing for liberty and justice.

The Central function of taxation in a statist society is to violate your conscious,
and to not only force you to do things against your will, but manufacture consent for these things.

simply remove your consent
if you have too many toys, go LLCwise

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Man if I have ever read a post here that was right from the heart and brain your OP was it!
I have been around the block here on ATS and your post hit home like no other.
I am not even American but still powerful words and well thought out.
I cannot add anything but praise for saying what a huge amount of people think but don't put into words like you did.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Around paragraph three in the real world someone would have pulled some pop psychology on you and dropped a hint about medication. Which is probably part of the problem.

Don't worry the pain will get so great that one day you'll wake up and wonder where it went because you don't feel it anymore. This is a good time to stretch your patience to see just how much more you can take. The road to devouring an entire pizza starts with one bite. And you know what? It's mostly not all your responsibility except how you react to whatever comes around. So react wisely, and get some goals like staying out of prison, being kind to all life and people, not doing faustian deals or corrupting yourself with vices, and removing negative influences from your lifestyle.

Oh I know the media teaches readers how to be an effective powder keg in society. Maybe if we blog about it, it will be heard in an ocean of blog posts. Maybe we can text away the problem. No. You have to make balance in yourself.

Do not start comparing because it never adds up. Accept the fact that you may be living in a life (with a computer, wow) where it might be time for a hard lesson. You are still alive, you still have your mental faculties, and you have an idea that there is a problem. You can't fix it because it's perfect, of cause and effect. Don't be like the woman who tries to change her husband's problems, codependent. Take a breather from the world's screw arounds.

It's going to get a lot more complicated than what we have now, and maybe then all those imaginary rules won't matter. Time will tell, but keep your morality together.

By the way, that protest on a national holiday is not the best time of the year to influence the people in Washington, because on holidays, the locals all leave the region for vacation! But you can do whatever.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
To me, this kinda sounds like a manifesto from someone preparing to do something very bad.

I would just say to you, think about it...rant all you want...but your family is more important than a concept of a country or story book ideals.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by flobot
To me, this kinda sounds like a manifesto from someone preparing to do something very bad.

I would just say to you, think about it...rant all you want...but your family is more important than a concept of a country or story book ideals.

I take exception to that. Please do not compare my words, my thoughts or my writings to a "manifesto". It's inappropriate. Acknowledging glaring problems in our current system and articulating disdain and dissent is not a sign of imminent action in the sense of doing "something bad".

What it is exactly is a display and use of the current rights that have not yet been taken from us. Ideas bread action, without words, without cause and without solidarity, there can be no victory. I am no fool and I am also no lone wolf. My cause.... My burden is one shared by millions of citizens, I am not on an island.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Hi lapi7, I agree with your post. I had a long reply to you but anymore, I keep getting knocked off of here...I sign in, make a reply and the reply disappears and I'm no longer signed in. Happens almost constantly now.
I've been an activist relevant to many issues through the years and you're right...nothing changes. Perhaps any activism now will always be in vain...too little, too late. I agree, it seems futile. More "safety" for less freedom. What a trade off. I liked your reply. Hope this gets posted.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

For what it's worth, friend, I've been where you are. I know it's a lonely, infuriating, despair-filled place.

The only advice I can give you (and I know it's easier said than done) is: let it go.

We all take ourselves and the minutiae of our lives far too seriously.

If everything goes to sh#t - if aliens invade, or martial law is declared, or the nuclear bombs start dropping, or we're all marched into concentration camps - so what?

Some day, you will die. Everyone you know will die. Some day, Earth will no longer exist. These are absolute certainties.

So you can spend your time obsessing, worrying, trying to warn everyone and getting told to shut up, and feeling hopelessly alone and resentful - or you can shrug your shoulders, stay informed, but chill out about it. We are not that important, in the grand scheme of things. It's all going to go down at some point in mankind's history - if not yours, then your children's, or your children's children's, etc. Someone has to be around to witness it. Why not you or them?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I'm sure it's going to get much worse ... so hang on.

How much more worse? details please if you know.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There is nothing to fear except fear itself.

Stay calm, keep your eyes open and above all.....Enjoy the ride!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join