Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I don't know how much more I can take....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+12 more 
posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

Honestly, I am so at wits end with everything happening around us right now I don't have any one specific thing I want to target and thus, I can't in good conscious try and slip it in another forum because I guess the point of this thread is just to get some things off my chest and I think it is best done here as my girlfriend doesn't want to hear it, my family doesn't wan't to hear it and I seem to be too good of a speaker and without intending to do so, I incite my friends who will listen to me to violence so I'm not going to say it to them.

I think the problem is that I see too much. I see so many problems with America, so many things that tell me without a doubt that the course we are currently on only leads to one place. I know this because instead of being involved with current events in main stream television or social endeavours I have spent the vast amount of my adulthood studying history, science and human culture. This would seem odd since I have been a bartender most of my adult life but in a very strange way, that has led me to a unique understanding of how people actually think and react to real events on a daily basis.

I know that we are headed straight down, I know that it started with 9/11 and I know what we are becoming. I can not tolerate anyone who tries and justifies laws that violate our basic Constitutional rights in the name of safety, I can not hear any more how the raping of liberty is just in the name of saving one life or one child. I can not in good conscious be silent and allow my dimmer witted countrymen to be led blindly to the pasture where they will be put down in the hope it will buy me a little more time or respect from those that don't deserve it.

So many are conflicted because as I do, they look to their families and to their children and while they may perceive the storm closing in around them they are hesitant because of love for their lives, their children, to spend one more normal day with them and rightfully so, I look at at my children every day and I am so afraid, I am afraid that I may have to assert my rights that will rob me from my children and my family and I wonder when that day or time should come if it would be worth it to do so. It is a very hard question to ask yourself. I think I am more afraid for my children and for their children if people like me don't do something, don't say anything don't at least stand fast and draw a line in the sand.

Too many rights have been violated, too many lies have been told. The system as it is does not work and it is because the system only cares and operates on basis of cold hard cash and cares nothing for liberty and justice. Those who can pay the appropriate fines can do literally anything they want and those that can't can be jailed for virtually anything and are, directly down to debtors prisons that are side stepped by the crime of "contempt of court". Lady justice is no longer blind, her eyes are wide open and they are fixated on the stack of dollar bills that far outweighs facts, evidence or common sense.

Banks are too big to prosecute, political contributors and their companies are too big to fail. Police and politicians and government agencies are immune to prosecution no matter how egregious the crime and can get by with an apology. For profit prisons are celebrated in an orgy of victimless crime prosecution that leaves 7.1 million Americans in prison. All laws are passed not for the good or welfare of the people but only to exact more fines, taxes and profits for corporations. Family courts award those that destroy family and work in the opposite of preserving them. Gestapo tactics are being used by one side of the isle to intimidate and punish those with opposite viewpoints and political ideals. The freedom of speech has just been violated and nobody seems to know who or why but they can say for sure it was for a good reason and it was for our best interest.

I'm sick of it. I'm tired. I think I will buy a plane ticket down to DC on July 4th and march with Adam. I don't know what else to do but what I do know is this isn't America anymore, this isn't the country I was born into and it's not what I wan't my children to think is ok from their government. It's gone too far, too much has gone unpunished, unexplained and unsaid. Accountability is needed, men must take responsibility for themselves, this government needs to reverse course, needs to understand that the future is now and that if it will survive, If America will survive then there is certainly no time to waste to get back to basics.

The America most of us know may not survive but I can assure you that if it does not, It will not be because the people who cared didn't try. Perhaps I can do more and perhaps so can many others and perhaps....... It needs to start now.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It started as soon as hairy monkeys went "I want that thing you've got, it looks neat." and bashed him to death with a tree.

Not 911.

You're limiting yourself to only what you are aware of.. It is an entire history on this planet.

I don't get how people can think "If only it wasn't for..." - insert government, country, culture, race, sport, attitude - "... and we'd all be hippies in love with one another and only joy to share.."

We're simply animals playing by rules that we break every day.

... the more affluent you are, the less you have to deal with the chimps down here that think throwing their own faeces is a fun past time...

but war, fighting, borders... they're not anything new. duplicity, is not anything new. lies and subterfuge are not anything new. Humans mastered these things many many millennia ago..

The only thing that keeps society in any sort of control is the control that is seen as oppression. But without fences, the cattle will roam free and eat everything and starve...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
It started as soon as hairy monkeys went "I want that thing you've got, it looks neat." and bashed him to death with a tree.

Not 911.

You're limiting yourself to only what you are aware of.. It is an entire history on this planet.

I don't get how people can think "If only it wasn't for..." - insert government, country, culture, race, sport, attitude - "... and we'd all be hippies in love with one another and only joy to share.."

We're simply animals playing by rules that we break every day.

... the more affluent you are, the less you have to deal with the chimps down here that think throwing their own faeces is a fun past time...

but war, fighting, borders... they're not anything new. duplicity, is not anything new. lies and subterfuge are not anything new. Humans mastered these things many many millennia ago..

The only thing that keeps society in any sort of control is the control that is seen as oppression. But without fences, the cattle will roam free and eat everything and starve...

I see exactly what your saying and the logic of it and I largely agree. Where you are wrong in your assertion is the amount of duality people need to live normal happy lives.

Government is necessary as is some form and level of perceived structure, culture and social adherence. What is not necessary and what should not be endured is the level that we currently find ourselves marred in. Surely, you would agree.

The periodic rise and fall of great nations should teach us as a people instead of leading us down a road of a similar tragic fate. Perhaps the reason it does not is because man as a species is incapable of balance without dire conflict that is world changing. It is hard to argue that isn't true because in the history of the modern world, it has been thus far.

Perhaps I am no different than many before me in there call for a return to liberty and justice. It could be that this exact scenario has been played out and endeavoured before and it almost is probably most likely but that fact doesn't relieve me from my feelings or my primal need for the basic right of what I and like minded people consider freedom.

Some level of regulation is expected and in most cases welcomed but there is a line and I think you may be confusing basic human nature with the blatant and forceful indignation of tyranny.

They are not the same thing.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Well as someone who has studied history you should know that our country has seen far worse trampling of our rights than we are today.

In fact, any problem you bring up I could bring up a time in our history when it was much worse. I would have hated to see your reaction during the Civil War when Lincoln declared martial law.

See, bad things actually DID happen then, not just the threat of them that we live with now. I could bring up articles from pretty much any time period of people making the same exact claims you are...well, in fact,,,,here's one of my favorites about some authors concern about electricity being invented.

Electricity Sparks Fears in 1900?

ELECTRIFIED PORTSMOUTH, NH BRIGHT IDEA IN 1900?
JANUARY 1900
A Reporter's Notebook

Electric, electric, electric! The way people bandy that word about nowadays, you'd think electricity is the new salvation of mankind. That attitude is particularly "on the wire" this week as the Old Town by the Sea hurtles relentlessly from the comfortably familiar 19th century into the unknown landscape of the 20th.

But to see the future, a local pundit informs me, one need only walk down Water Street at night where the incandescent glow of electrical lights beckon hapless sailors from across the Piscataqua to visit houses of adult entertainment. Vice and corruption, it seems, have deep pockets. Electricity is the new Jezebel, seducing our young men into the arms of immorality.

www.seacoastnh.com.../

So in reality, things are not as bad as you may think they are. It is because this is your era and you are experiencing them first hand that you think this is the most dangerous time we've ever had. Every generation believes that about the time they are living through but when we carefully go through our history we can see that times have certainly been worse and we survived just fine.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't live in the states thank God. I argued with a poster on another thread this week... about the military....One of this guys comments was "Honorable men run capitalism" I kid you not....Some people still have their heads so far up their own.....Its this mentality that is and has been destroying America from the inside.
This so called patriotism,..this socially enforced patriotism....which is not patriotism at all..patriotism forced upon you with the menace of where non compliance might lead....its either sheer ignorance...or...living in denial...or saying the right things because your too afraid to say what you really think...We have seen this type of patriotism before...Nazi Germany was one place....of course the USA is not Nazi Germany...But Nazi Germany wasnt Nazi Germany until Hitler came along and quickly used every trick in the book to socially enforce patriotism on to the masses...Just like North Korea.

I know none of this post 9/11 patriotism is genuine...its about as genuine as the masses in North Korea who cried when their great leader died...too afraid not to be seen to weep. Of course the USA is no North Korea...not yet...but this fake patriotism post 9/11, was the slippery slope to something worse than North Korea, remember North Korea only has a million man army...hahaha...nothing like the military industrial complex that the USA owns, or more like the military industrial complex that owns the USA hahaha...and your still sliding towards that beautiful utopia.

"your either with us or against us" there is no in between, no shades of gray. You do not question the government, and what they do to "protect you". this is how much denial there is...when people still say an invading army, who invaded over fake WMD's, when people still say "i support our military and thank them for protecting me"...An invading army is not "protecting" anyone...This is how much in denial much of America still is...but can anyone really be that stupid?????

For what its worth If I were you id just go live in Canada...To change America, after decades of TV brainwashing, substandard education, junk food, fluoride, psychoactive drugs handed out by doctors like candy... you would need to send everyone to a re-education camp to get them to think straight and logically...except that will probably happen anyway ...I can laugh...i don't live there.

[
edit on 15-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm sick of it. I'm tired. I think I will buy a plane ticket down to DC on July 4th
reply to post by Helious

I think, at this point. Youre better off buying a ticket to somewhere our of the country. The stage has been set, DHS is America's Stasi. Warrant less searches and a 1 million dollar reward for Dorner because he killed some cops?
Same thing with the Boston bombing suspects, going house to house, forcing citizens out at gun point..
That, along with APC's in the streets, they are gradually getting the people used seeing heavily armed military in the streets, to "make us safe"
Seriously, leave when youre able.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Well as someone who has studied history you should know that our country has seen far worse trampling of our rights than we are today.

In fact, any problem you bring up I could bring up a time in our history when it was much worse. I would have hated to see your reaction during the Civil War when Lincoln declared martial law.

See, bad things actually DID happen then, not just the threat of them that we live with now. I could bring up articles from pretty much any time period of people making the same exact claims you are...well, in fact,,,,here's one of my favorites about some authors concern about electricity being invented.

Electricity Sparks Fears in 1900?

ELECTRIFIED PORTSMOUTH, NH BRIGHT IDEA IN 1900?
JANUARY 1900
A Reporter's Notebook

Electric, electric, electric! The way people bandy that word about nowadays, you'd think electricity is the new salvation of mankind. That attitude is particularly "on the wire" this week as the Old Town by the Sea hurtles relentlessly from the comfortably familiar 19th century into the unknown landscape of the 20th.

But to see the future, a local pundit informs me, one need only walk down Water Street at night where the incandescent glow of electrical lights beckon hapless sailors from across the Piscataqua to visit houses of adult entertainment. Vice and corruption, it seems, have deep pockets. Electricity is the new Jezebel, seducing our young men into the arms of immorality.

www.seacoastnh.com.../

So in reality, things are not as bad as you may think they are. It is because this is your era and you are experiencing them first hand that you think this is the most dangerous time we've ever had. Every generation believes that about the time they are living through but when we carefully go through our history we can see that times have certainly been worse and we survived just fine.

Hopechest,

Spare me any history lesson that you would grace me with regarding America, you are preaching to the choir. I fully understand the implications of things that have been wrongly implemented in this country in the past by former administrations, corporations and those that would seek to weaken the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

I have not been alive for the entire history of America and the things I can affect and hope to change are those that I see wrong now. Pointing to things that could or should of been changed or stopped 50 years ago seems quite counter productive to my way of thinking.

It's not to lesson the impact and direction some of those decisions and actions have led us but only to visualize a clear and consistent goal to target change in today's America, not yesterdays.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well my larger point was that you claimed in your OP that this isn't America anymore and I was trying to show you that its the same its always been.

The rights protected in the Constitution began to be trampled the day they were written and today is no different than in 1800.

Only the names of the players have changed.

Multi-national corporations you believe control everything and cannot be prosecuted existed with the Robber Barrons..been there done that.

Nothing we have going on today is any different than the past. America is maintaining a steady course for all intents and purposes and there are actually many positives.

It can't be argued that the Supreme Court has strengthened the second amendment in the past decade from what it used to be so although you may feel we are losing some rights, others are getting stronger.

America is not really changing but times are and of course the nation will not look the same it did 50 years ago. That doesn't mean its worse, its just marching on, facing new problems and coping with them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Well my larger point was that you claimed in your OP that this isn't America anymore and I was trying to show you that its the same its always been.

The rights protected in the Constitution began to be trampled the day they were written and today is no different than in 1800.

Only the names of the players have changed.

Multi-national corporations you believe control everything and cannot be prosecuted existed with the Robber Barrons..been there done that.

Nothing we have going on today is any different than the past. America is maintaining a steady course for all intents and purposes and there are actually many positives.

It can't be argued that the Supreme Court has strengthened the second amendment in the past decade from what it used to be so although you may feel we are losing some rights, others are getting stronger.

America is not really changing but times are and of course the nation will not look the same it did 50 years ago. That doesn't mean its worse, its just marching on, facing new problems and coping with them.

I appreciate your contribution to the thread and your opinion. I respect you in that I have come to realize that you are an intelligent, informed and outspoken person as I have read many of your posts the last couple of months.

With that said, I unfortunately have to say that you couldn't be more wrong. America has never seen a time as it has in increasing tension and transformation from 9/11 till now. There is simply no point in American history where we are seeing the things we are today and that includes the events leading up to and including the civil war.

Technology plays a large part in this as the need to control information, perception and ideas has never been more paramount. During the time of the civil war, wide spread dis information was not as necessary because the large amount of information anyone had came from one local newspaper or by word of mouth.

The overwhelming amount of excessive lies, deceit and manipulation that is required to keep the 1% of global wealth in power such as the major international banks and corporations, the ones that infiltrate, fund and lobby all of American and world politics is staggering. Such measures are quickly becoming so expensive and demanding of ruling with an iron fist that policy changes can barely keep up. This is why we are seeing change at the level we are and at the rate we are in this country.

It's very easy to follow the pattern, the rhetoric and the policy and it leads back to one place. Money and control in a vastly changing society that shares information. Those that have the power must secure it with ever increasing levels of control and authority over a society that freely shares ideas and information. Those two things are the enemy to the state and more over, anyone who has the majority of the power.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Look, I watched this TV show a while back in the UK. There is a mentalist called Derren Brown...he did a live show where he said he was going to hypnotize the whole TV audience...to make everyone stick to their chairs and be unable to get up from them.
At the same time he did the same thing to his studio audience...Now at the end of this show I got up from my chair...but around 70% of the audience couldn't get unstuck...not until he "unhypnotized" them..
And that's about the truth of it around 70% of the population are easily fooled, easily manipulated and easily led to the slaughter house. Depressing aint it.
The thing is..in every day life...if you tell someone that they are asleep, they wont believe you...most people are literally walking around in their sleep...and you cant wake them up...you can try but its a waste of time..
As I said another poster says "Honorable men run capitalism" this is an american guy, who supports the troops "protecting his freedom" ...see what I mean...none of this is rational or logical...its pure brainwash...but you will waste your time trying to get a zombie to come alive...waste of time. Thats why if I was a barman like you...id have drunk the bar dry long ago .
edit on 15-5-2013 by TheBlackHat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Thank you for your kind words and I would offer up the period from the Great Depression until the early 50's as a case in point.

We experienced a massive depression with a 25% unemployment rate, a complete destruction of our agriculture, well not quite but very bad, in the form of the Dust Bowl. Things were far worse internally than they are today, with places like Hooverville springing up because our lovely President was ignoring the problems while the country spiraled out of control.

Enter FDR and his massive, think Obamacare times 50, New Deal which fundamentally changed the way the nation operated. Another World War with sons being shipped off to probably die, our nation being bombed, american citizens being locked up in the case of the Japanese internment camps and no idea if Germany was going to win the war or not.

Now add in the development of the Atomic Bomb, which for all the people knew, gave us no more than a few years before the world was obliterated in a nuclear firestorm. That didn't happen but we have McCarthy and his "red scare" where you were afraid the government was going to whisk you away because someone accused you of being a communist.

And that is just a very very brief overview of what was going on during this period. I will take the relative apathy we have today over the paranoia of that period.

However I do agree that what is in the past is in the past and we can only affect what is around us today so we should make every effort to focus on that.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Helious

Thank you for your kind words and I would offer up the period from the Great Depression until the early 50's as a case in point.

We experienced a massive depression with a 25% unemployment rate, a complete destruction of our agriculture, well not quite but very bad, in the form of the Dust Bowl. Things were far worse internally than they are today, with places like Hooverville springing up because our lovely President was ignoring the problems while the country spiraled out of control.

Enter FDR and his massive, think Obamacare times 50, New Deal which fundamentally changed the way the nation operated. Another World War with sons being shipped off to probably die, our nation being bombed, american citizens being locked up in the case of the Japanese internment camps and no idea if Germany was going to win the war or not.

Now add in the development of the Atomic Bomb, which for all the people knew, gave us no more than a few years before the world was obliterated in a nuclear firestorm. That didn't happen but we have McCarthy and his "red scare" where you were afraid the government was going to whisk you away because someone accused you of being a communist.

And that is just a very very brief overview of what was going on during this period. I will take the relative apathy we have today over the paranoia of that period.

However I do agree that what is in the past is in the past and we can only affect what is around us today so we should make every effort to focus on that.

The obvious difference being that the American government didn't have to manufacture the threat of war with Russia. Stalin hated America, it's political system and it's position in the west and their influence in the east during and after the war. The missiles moved to Cuba was not a false flag, it was real and so was the threat of nuclear war.

Comparing cold war era threat with that of terrorism is nonsensical. We have zero statistical or common sense basis to fear terrorism at anywhere near the level that we feared communism under the rule of Stalin. FDR not withstanding, Americans were unified and resolute in there resistance to the real terror the Nazi regime inflicted on the world and the authoritarianism Stalin wanted to embark on.

Manufactured threat when the United States government funds one or more cells of the very terrorist organization it claims to be protecting us from, robbing our liberties because it is establishing a fear mongering society on absolutely no merit is madness. The only one who benefits from this sort of control, are those that seek to hide the true nature of their intentions and struggle for power.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I know what you mean. The psychological assault on the public by the government has been intense. Growing up with the national anthem played at school every morning, believing in our systems, nation and culture as doing the right thing, then to have it all pulled out from under you as it becomes just a tactical smoke screen for other agendas.

While we do not have capital punishment here in Australia, a lot of effort, resources and checks goes into making sure it is done within the established rules in the US. While it may occasional get it wrong, there are no secrets and it is all on the record. But when it comes to killing millions there is no truth or honesty in why and as such there will be no improvement in the situation as the vicious circle continues its decent.

As for how much more you can take, what other options have you got?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I'm certain that I and millions of others feel your pain keenly Helious.
Unfortunately, one can not resurrect the dead...and that is EXACTLY what this ex-nation is...stone, cold DEAD, at least by our Constitutional standards !!!

You can scream, gripe, bitch, moan and post your blog commentaries about it all you like but NOBODY IS GOING TO BE IMPEACHED, FIRED, or HELD ACCOUNTABLE !!!!

The fact of the matter is that "THEY" can literally do ANYTHING they want and there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it !!!

This is NOT an overstatement or exaggeration !!!

THEY CAN DO ANYTHING, ANYTHING, ANYTHING THEY LIKE WITH ABSOLUTELY NO FEAR OF REPERCUSSIONS WHATSOEVER !!!

This includes theft, arson, rape, breaking your house door in without a warrant or provocation, arrest for absolutely NO REASON whatsoever, beating, torture, assault, pedophilia, murdering you or any member of your family or your pets, sexual assault, planting of false evidence, lying ( both in and out of court) ANYTHING, ANYTHING, ANYTHING !!!

They can even do any of these things in full view of witnesses, neighbors and even on camera for all to see and they will face either very minimal or ABSOLUTELY NO RECOURSE OR REPERCUSSIONS WHATSOEVER !!!

It is incumbent on every individual to KNOW and fully UNDERSTAND that there are NO MORE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS AT ALL...NONE WHATSOEVER !!!

There is now only the ILLUSION that you have "freedom".
You have no freedom !!!
You have owners !!!
They own you !!!
And worst of all is the startling fact that there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING THAT ANYBODY CAN DO ABOUT IT !!!

"Banding together" for the common good WILL NOT HELP !!!
Writing to your Congressman WILL NOT HELP !!!
Forming protest rallies WILL NOT HELP !!!
Arming yourselves WILL NOT HELP !!!
Forming militias WILL NOT HELP !!!
Educating people WILL NOT HELP !!!
Calling the police WILL NOT HELP !!!
Calling your local news media WILL NOT HELP !!!
Calling your local city, county or state representatives WILL NOT HELP !!!
Being optimistic WILL NOT HELP !!!
Demanding to be heard WILL NOT HELP !!!
Standing up and shouting out to "rally the masses" WILL NOT HELP !!!
Being outraged WILL NOT HELP !!!
Screaming "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" WILL NOT HELP !!!

IT IS FINISHED !!!
YOU ARE FINISHED !!!
THIS COUNTRY WAS BOUGHT AND PAID FOR A LONG TIME AGO !!!

Sorry, but this is simply the way it REALLY is !!!

edit on 16-5-2013 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-5-2013 by lapi7 because: additional text
edit on 16-5-2013 by lapi7 because: (no reason given)
edit on 16-5-2013 by lapi7 because: additional text

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I hear you. I used to feel the same way. In fact, I know some wonderful young people who will not have children because they don't want them born into what they perceive as slavery. It does look grim. This is just my intuition, and I don't know if it is any comfort, but I think there is a Factor 'X' that will change the game. Hang in there, look for opportunities to create something new and better. I am strangely confident that it is just a matter of time.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I don't know how much more I can take....,

I'm sure it's going to get much worse ... so hang on.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Wait....wha...what?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
If there is even one that you think you are helping then maybe it is worth it.

However, if you cannot see that you are making any real difference and it is toxic for you then run don't walk for the exit.

Personally, I would run.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I was where you are a few months ago. Completely fed up, physically sick from the corruption that runs rampant in this nation, horribly worried for our collective future, for my children's future.

Do you want to know what I did?

I stepped away from it all. I took a break from ATS. I stopped reading every news article I could get my hands on. I stopped worrying about every scandal, every political move, every evil corporation.

I had to.

I started to focus on the positives; my beautiful children, my husband, my family, my hobbies, my actual life, tangible things, things I can touch, smell and taste.

And, I am so glad I did.

I was worrying myself sick, and it sounds like you may be doing a bit of that, too.

My suggestion would be to take a step back, step away from ATS for a bit, clear your mind, focus on other things for a while. You might be surprised at the results.

I still check ATS, I still spend time online... I just spend it elsewhere. I found a happy place and I hope you can find one too.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I know it's silly....

But every single lyric in this video is right on the money.
This is how we should all live our lives, and it is my motto...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join