It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Washington DC Scottish Rite Temple and Human Remains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Even before becoming a Mason, I was (and still am) intrigued by the House of the Temple of the Scottish Rite in Washington DC, and the stories that the walls contain human remains.

It seems pretty grisly, and of course, some believe that it's proof of some nefarious goings on, but I think it's probably more symbolic, if not accidental. Still, I want to know about it. Can some of our Scottish Rite members please educate me? Questions that come to mind are things like whether the remains are real or replica. Were they put into the walls intentionally or accidentally (did someone fall into the concrete or did bones from an unmarked grave accidentally make their way into the aggregate)? What is their significance (if any)? Please tell us all you can...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
It's my understanding that Albert Pike's tomb is beneath the temple. It'd make sense if so and I certainly don't see anything nefarious about that.

Never heard about bones being in the walls and it seems highly unlikely.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IslandMason

scottishrite.org...

Since the book was published, the question I seem to be asked most frequently is whether or not Brown’s descriptions of the House of the Temple are accurate. So, let’s cover some of these “facts” for you.........

Crypts
“The interior was an ornate labyrinth of ritualistic chambers, halls, sealed vaults, libraries, and even a hollow wall that held the remains of two human bodies.” (p. 4)

Fact: In 1944 and 1953, special Acts of the United States Congress allowed the remains of Albert Pike and, later, John Henry Cowles to be placed in vaults in the House of the Temple. Both men served as Sovereign Grand Commander of the Supreme Council. Memorial busts of Pike and Cowles, each on a marble pedestal, were added at that time.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thank you. That does answer the question. For some reason, people seem to want to hint at something sinister. The way I've most often seen it described is in words like, "The building's nine-foot-thick walls hold human remains", which hints that the remains are embedded or mixed into the concrete. This is a far more logical and acceptable answer.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Both Pike and Cowel are buried behind a wall. If you go through the tour, it's one of the cool things, as well as the secret passage just to the right of the main lodge entrance. (it's not secret anymore since the door has greasy fingerprints all over it) But just outside from that is the tyler's chair. It's a very cool place to visit. The library is awesome as well.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
..it's not the first time i've heard these accusations

about 2 months ago there was some young guy doing the rounds of american freedom radio (the middle chamber with frater X, if i recall) who's got a lot to say about this..

the mp3 files are available for download at their archives.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by UNIT76

It's not accusations, it's fact. If you take the tour, you can go right to the spot where they are at. They each have a bust of their faces and a plaque explaining why they are there. Is it a bit creepy? Yea.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by UNIT76

It's not accusations, it's fact. If you take the tour, you can go right to the spot where they are at. They each have a bust of their faces and a plaque explaining why they are there. Is it a bit creepy? Yea.

But Network , it sounds so much more sinister when you use buzz words like "accusations of hidden bodies" . As if those bodies are there for some nefarious , evil , ritualistic reason and no one but those higher up , inner circle Masons know about them while they dance around in their black robes drinking blood from human skulls .

Busts and plaques that explain why they were interred there be damned ! ETA : But I agree , it is a tad creepy lol .
edit on 16-5-2013 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whenandwhere

But then again , due to a couple of holes in the chair line (one dropped out of the line and we brought charges against another for criminal acts and had him expelled ) , I once spent three years as Senior Warden in my mother lodge and told them that they should inter my body under the dais in the West or have me stuffed and placed in the Associate Matron's chair as the eternal Senior Warden .

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Just out of curiosity if you were stuffed and mounted and used as an eastern star officer, do you think anyone would notice your condition?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

meh. some grizzled old hunters stuff and mount their dogs. reliving the old days i suppose?

i thought you were talking about human remains being used in the rituals..

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76

meh. some grizzled old hunters stuff and mount their dogs. reliving the old days i suppose?

i thought you were talking about human remains being used in the rituals..

See that's the thing. Most articles I've found about it have made it sound just like that. Hinting that there's some witchcrafty-occulty-canibalistic-human sacrificey-you name it-nasty stuff going on. And the CTs are all over it like white on rice. Phrasing it like "there are human remains in the walls" isn't a lie exactly, but it is, I think intentionally, somewhat misleading - it conjures up a completely different image than saying "there are two prominent and historic AASR figures entombed there". It's not nearly enough fun for the CTs.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Just out of curiosity if you were stuffed and mounted and used as an eastern star officer, do you think anyone would notice your condition?

Nope , I learned long ago when in an OES chapter , keep my mouth shut and let the ladies run the show .

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

That is why I posted my smart mouthed reply . Making up stories of bodies hid in the walls for some nefarious purpose of sinister/evil rituals is so much more fun than that of the mundane TRUTH .

edit on 16-5-2013 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Why are human remains creepy?

Logically, one would suggest that bodies should be more 'interactive' (for lack of a better word) when the soul is inside the body.

It's just conditioning, methinks - no spiritual or religious reason why a body (or part thereof) should be creepy. Just a psychological result of our social conditioning, no?

Any other explanation why human remains should be considered creepy?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

They are when George A. Romero is involved.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

He's one of those who does the conditioning!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Logically, one would suggest that bodies should be more 'interactive' (for lack of a better word) when the soul is inside the body.

It's just conditioning, methinks - no spiritual or religious reason why a body (or part thereof) should be creepy. Just a psychological result of our social conditioning, no?

Any other explanation why human remains should be considered creepy?

My apologies Brother that my sensibilities do not match yours and what I find "a tad creepy" you find perfectly natural .

I find new born babies creepy for some reason . And I could/would not be a doctor or nurse because I find putting my hands (even with gloves) on people I do not know creepy ? Where was the conditioning for this ? These are two things that is natural to most everyone else . And babies , most all think they are just precious and beautiful . So I was not conditioned to think these things as creepy , I just do .

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by whenandwhere
I find new born babies creepy for some reason .

Understandable. They look like lizards.

But taste like chicken.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

But subconsciously, perhaps you fear babies? Maybe you are afraid of hurting them? Whatever the reason may be, 'creepy' is usually as a result of fear. That's why, when we watch horror movies containing the undead, our mind creates a link between a dead body and fear, and then when we come across a body, we react to it by being cautious (subconsciously) and the associated feeling is 'creepy'.

My two cents is that somehow, for you, there is a fear involved when it comes to babies. A fear of hurting them, perhaps, or of making them? Could be anything...

top topics

join