It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

IRS commissioner quits over conservative tax scrutiny

page: 2
9
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by Magister
 


Quit???? He's been fired, given his walking papers, shown the gangplank. And he was acting commissioner, and had worked there under the guy in charge when this nonsense was going on (that commissioner was a Bush appointee).

Obama or anyone he knew, or probably ever met or talked to, had nothing to do with this. Sounds like a couple of minor cowboys in the back room who felt like they could run the country.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)


Wait a minute! This guy has been "acting commissioner" since January 25th 2013 (not even THREE MONTHS!). He's only "acting commissioner" due to Timothy Geithner stepping down.

Since this IRS scandal is said to have taken place in 2012, then that makes (drum roll please) Timothy responsible. Right?

And no, Tim was not appointed by Bush. He is an Obama boy through and through.



edit on 16-5-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by Magister
 


Quit???? He's been fired, given his walking papers, shown the gangplank. And he was acting commissioner, and had worked there under the guy in charge when this nonsense was going on (that commissioner was a Bush appointee).

Obama or anyone he knew, or probably ever met or talked to, had nothing to do with this. Sounds like a couple of minor cowboys in the back room who felt like they could run the country.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)


Wait a minute! This guy has been "acting commissioner" since January 25th 2013 (not even THREE MONTHS!). He's only "acting commissioner" due to Timothy Geithner stepping down.

Since this IRS scandal is said to have taken place in 2012, then that makes (drum roll please) Timothy responsible. Right?

And no, Tim was not appointed by Bush. He is an Obama boy through and through.



edit on 16-5-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)


Geithner was Secretary of the Treasury, not related to the IRS. Douglas Shulman is the former Commissioner of Internal Revenue and was appointed by GWB.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
what they really need to do is launch a major investigation into the IRS. those that were involved should be both fired then arrested. they more than abused the power of their office. those who were not involved but held supervisory positions should also be fired for failing in their duties to know what is going on under them.

just telling the head honcho to quit is not anywhere enough justice for this crime. a government organization such as the IRS are supposed to be totally non-partisan with their work. it shouldn't matter if a person is black, white or even an alien (legally in the country of course
) from the planet Zzenon. a persons beliefs in anything or support or lack of it for anything do not matter. all that matters are numbers on forms. they are bean counters and all that they should even care about are the beans.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Geithner was Secretary of the Treasury, not related to the IRS. Douglas Shulman is the former Commissioner of Internal Revenue and was appointed by GWB.


Yep, I realized after posting hastily, I may have jumped the gun on that one.

Ugh, no sleep makes for scrambled brains.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


I also heard that Steve Miller was due to resign in June before this scandal broke, this morning on the radio, however a Google search turned up nothing. Have you found another source?



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by generik
what they really need to do is launch a major investigation into the IRS. those that were involved should be both fired then arrested.


Of course you're correct, however we all know that will never happen. It should have happened with Fast & Furious too, but it didn't. It should have happened when Bush lied about WMDs, but it didn't. It should have happened many times over during both Democrat and Republican administrations, but didn't.

This is why corruption runs rampant in Washington, and will only get worse - what SHOULD happen never does, and they all know it.

I'm just waiting for the next distraction to take our minds off of this distraction from Benghazi.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO
 


I have not found that either. But I did hear it on a news report locally.

Still searching.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Just remember,
The agency that is designated to enforce OBAMA CARE is ....The IRS.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
IRS commissioner quits over conservative tax scrutiny
www.bbc.co.uk...

The head of the US tax agency has quit after it emerged his staff singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny, President Barack Obama has announced.


The first casualty in the IRS scandal! But probably not the last!


Anyone who has worked in government will tell you that whomever takes the fall for something, the real culprit is many levels above the guy thrown under the bus.



posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by Magister
 


Quit???? He's been fired, given his walking papers, shown the gangplank. And he was acting commissioner, and had worked there under the guy in charge when this nonsense was going on (that commissioner was a Bush appointee).

Obama or anyone he knew, or probably ever met or talked to, had nothing to do with this. Sounds like a couple of minor cowboys in the back room who felt like they could run the country.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)


Wait a minute! This guy has been "acting commissioner" since January 25th 2013 (not even THREE MONTHS!). He's only "acting commissioner" due to Timothy Geithner stepping down.

Since this IRS scandal is said to have taken place in 2012, then that makes (drum roll please) Timothy responsible. Right?

And no, Tim was not appointed by Bush. He is an Obama boy through and through.



edit on 16-5-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)


Geithner was Secretary of the Treasury, not related to the IRS. Douglas Shulman is the former Commissioner of Internal Revenue and was appointed by GWB.



The IRS is part of the treasury department. The secretary of the treasury does oversee the IRS which is a bureau under the department. Geithner would be in the chain of command.



posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I hope Obama and the rest of his cohorts follow suit; perhaps some legal justification. (I'm hoping for alot huh?)



posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on May, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Fired? Resigned? Doesn't matter. He was due to leave in a few weeks anyway. As a temp commissioner, he was only in the post for a specific short term. This 'firing' was simply a whitewash to make it look like Obama was on top of it.

These actions by the IRS started under a Bush appointee. Do we blame him? Or do we blame the several Democrats in Congress that 'suggested' these groups be investigated deeply. Do we blame Obama for creating an atmosphere in Washington that makes it ok to single out "enemies."


As for the timing of this scandal coming to light. Apparently, during a scripted Q&A session last week with the American Bar Association, the question seems to have been planted ... by the IRS.

www.ky3.com...

Could this scandal have been placed front and center to distract us from something more serious? Same with the AP scandal. Get the American right focused on the IRS, ie: our money. Get the press focused on the security of their phones and sources. No one will notice what the left hand is doing. Gotta wonder.



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1   >>

log in

join