It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS commissioner quits over conservative tax scrutiny

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

The head of the US tax agency has quit after it emerged his staff singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny, President Barack Obama has announced.

The first casualty in the IRS scandal! But probably not the last!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Too bad he already blamed underlings and talked about rogue agents.... It means this NEVER stops with just his sorry butt going overboard. Not with near 500 groups now being talked about as specially targeted.

I'd imagine he'll be back...whether he wants to be or not...to testify about what happened. This just made him unemployed. It didn't save him, IMO. This time? It went too far for even the media to stomach.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
as a liberal, i'm glad he's gone....each group however, that applies for tax exempt status, whether it's a right or a left "charitable organization" still has to be scrutinized.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Quit???? He's been fired, given his walking papers, shown the gangplank. And he was acting commissioner, and had worked there under the guy in charge when this nonsense was going on (that commissioner was a Bush appointee).

Obama or anyone he knew, or probably ever met or talked to, had nothing to do with this. Sounds like a couple of minor cowboys in the back room who felt like they could run the country.
edit on 15-5-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I am sure he was given a nice severance package to be the "fall guy"!

Not buying it that he was the one giving the orders........

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Looks like he was pretty much fired, aka asked to resign.

Good, he deserves it, I like to see at least a little bit of accountability this day and age. If only we saw this in the private sector too... there are many bankers and traders that are criminals that I wish had someone to ask them to step down.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Oh, so it is the IRS commissioner who quits over this controversy!

Isn't the IRS a part of the Executive branch of government?
Isn't Obama the leader of the Executive Branch?

Donald Trump will a lot of the time charge the project manager with the final results of a task. Because the project manager is in charge of making sure the results are right.

So, I keep on waiting for Donald Trump to come out and say: "Obama, You're Fired"

Ok, I know, I watch wayyyyy too much TV.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

So he quit.

The people who really should be taking blame, still have jobs.

"The Buck stops here"

B.S.

S&F

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarsInDust

Donald Trump will a lot of the time charge the project manager with the final results of a task. Because the project manager is in charge of making sure the results are right.

So, I keep on waiting for Donald Trump to come out and say: "Obama, You're Fired"

there is no commissioner, he was the deputy commissioner appointed by bush, functioning in a acting role, who replaced the outgoing commissioner appointed by bush, who resigned last fall....but....they both were in cahoots with Obama to target right wing groups ????????....ok

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

there is no commissioner, he was the deputy commissioner appointed by bush, functioning in a acting role, who replaced the outgoing commissioner appointed by bush, who resigned last fall....but....they both were in cahoots with Obama to target right wing groups ????????....ok

Ok, well as confusing as your explanation was concerning his title or who he was, (which I took directly from the op's source). I think it's one big "complicated" mess.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks the IRS did that all on their own is not living in reality.

The IRS commissioner took one for the team.

Team Corruption.
edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

just like hillary
quit over benghazi

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
People,people,people! I'm just the messenger bringing the message! He was told to quit or be fired. There will be more to come to take the blame for the boss.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
What do you do when you have new bosses? You find out what they want if you have any interest of keeping your job.Obama didn't know what's going on just like any other President he's there to make the speeches and take the hits but this was an idea by his handlers and others behind scenes.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Does he still get his benefits? Just quitting isn't enough, it is pretty much an easy way out, for all parties involved. These people have a great amount of power and it was abused. So for me this isn't even a good start.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It is like shades of Spiro Agnew.

I wonder what is going on with old Joe Biden right now since we are not hearing much from/about him right now. Probably waiting on the 10 months...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

/
Yeah and Obama delivered my mail today because ... something.. leader .... responsible... blah blah lbah

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

/
Yeah and Obama delivered my mail today because ... something.. leader .... responsible... blah blah lbah

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The title of this thread entirely misses the point of this whole exercise The commissioner was asked to resign a wholly different meaning.

Here is a conspiracy for you. This commissioner was just a temporary commissioner. The commissioner who was in charge quit last fall. The commissioner who quit in the fall was a Bush appointed republican. What if the old commissioner set this whole thing up to discredit the administration.

It is interesting to see how many anti war groups were scrutinized by the IRS.

The issue here was approval for a certain tax break the IRS was not stopping these pacs from operating.
edit on 16-5-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
www.bbc.co.uk...

The head of the US tax agency has quit after it emerged his staff singled out conservative groups for extra scrutiny, President Barack Obama has announced.

The first casualty in the IRS scandal! But probably not the last!

Uhhhhh, so he quit 2 weeks early, before he was set to be finished anyways??

Yeah, you go Tyrant 0bama. Go on with your bad self, letting people go and stuff.

This Govt is the biggest joke ever in the history of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join