It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Holder" Leak: What Do You Think It Is And Why Is It The Worst Leak In Thirty Years?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What administration since James Madison had nothing they wanted to hide? If they all called each other crooks that might be the only honest thing you would ever hear any of them say.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by jimmyx

why defend it?... because there are portions of government that works, and works well...if you have been in the saddle of life long enough, you know all it takes is a few bad apples to destroy, the majority of good deeds getting done. do I trust my government fully? of course not, with the hundreds of billions of dollars being spent each year, it's a lock that there is going to be corruption...and conspiracies?.....there's Watergate, Iran-contra, gulf of Tonkin, proven conspiracies from the highest levels of government...not to mention the dubious actions of 9/11, and the Kennedy assassination.
there are deep divides between parties right now, and I remember in recent history when both sides came together and got things done.....so what has changed?....can YOU honestly say with all the vitriol and hyperbolic language coming out of Washington, that it has NOTHING to do with having America's first black president?

Why can't you answer any of my questions Jimmy?????

Obama IS NOT BLACK! His mother is white! He is black by skin color only!!!! I couldn't give a damn if he was purple!!!

But I see that you are so blinded to bring up the race card and you can't even address 1 question that I asked you what your agenda is.................

So kudos to you when our Republic falls!!!!! Well done!

my agenda?...NOT to have this country torn apart by civil war, NOT to have this country run by big business and wealth, NOT to demonize all people that work in the federal government, NOT to have a communist, or fascist federal government. NOT to engage in anarchy.
edit on 15-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

my agenda?...NOT to have this country torn apart by civil war, NOT to have this country run by big business and wealth, NOT to demonize all people that work in the federal government, NOT to have a communist, or fascist federal government. NOT to engage in anarchy

Wasn't it Obama who said he would not allow Lobbyists in the White House? Who are the Lobbyists? Big Business and these so called "think tanks" that dictate our policies!!!!

Whoops! I guess Obama lied about that didn't he!

The only Communists or Fascists I see in my country at the moment is the current administration! Utopia by force, doesn't work for me!!!!!

The only reason I see anarchy in the US, is when our current government, D's/R's both, decide that the United States should lose it's sovereignty!!! If that should happen then by God I will publicly admit on ATS that I will become an enemy of the state!!!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Perhaps this is the reason for the AP debacle. Maybe AP came into these emails through a source, and now they're trying to "get out in front of the issue" by releasing the e-mails before the press does. Either way, it doesn't look very pretty at all.

White House releases Benghazi e-mails
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by BlueAjah
started on 5/15/2013 @ 09:22 PM

The OP:

Originally posted by BlueAjah
Some of the emails related to the attack in Benghazi that resulted in the death of Americans have been released.
www.cnn.com...
thelead.blogs.cnn.com...

This whole situation is very concerning.
As suspected, the emails support the theories that there was a major coverup by the State Department and others.
Obama and Rice, as well as Hillary Clinton, knew from the beginning that the attacks were a planned terrorist attack.

These emails show how they changed the story, and watered things down.

On page 37:
www.cnn.com...
"...and the penultimate point could be abused by Members to beat the State Department for not paying attention to Agency warnings so why do we want to feed that either? Concerned...."
So right here, they say the "agency" warned them.
Then see page 94 - they come right out and say they changed the report so that it would not show the CIA warned them.

The above is enough - they intentionally covered up the truth so that they would not be held responsible for ignoring warnings, and for not sending more security in advance, or having a defense ready to send during the attack.

And they all saw this going back and forth through the emails:
"I've been very careful not to say we issued a warning."

On page 67 they entirely changed the wording to say they did not have any intelligence that the attack was planned. And this was after they said over and over that they had warnings, but were trying to be careful not to say that.
In this email, September 15, there is no mention of a video, but they say there are indications it was alQaida.
Yet, they quickly change it to say the attack was spontaneous from a video.

This whole thing shows how much they changed the report from the first versions.
The final version is nothing like the first version.
They removed mention of terrorists, and alQaida, and warnings.

And that White House spokesman soooo obviously lied when he said they just changed the word "Consulate".
See page 57. "The State Department had major reservations with much or most of the document. We revised the document with their concerns in mind."
Then on page 63 they chopped out entire paragraphs.

Obama, Rice, and Clinton lied.
They lied to the American people and to Congress.
They repeatedly said they had no idea that it was a planned terrorist attack.
The emails show they knew right from the beginning, and intentionally covered it up.

It will be interesting to see how this ends.

White House releases Benghazi e-mails
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

One of the most damaging leaks in 30 years and "allegedly" the POTUS had never heard of it until the news broke it last Friday??

Either he's a complete incompetent boob who has surrounded himself with complete incompetent boobs, or both these fools are lying.
edit on 15-5-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I suspect "most damaging" means damaging to the administration and has absolutely nothing to do with security. It'll be "damaging" if Obama, or Holder, or Clinton gets booted or goes to jail (to them anyway). It wouldn't have to be secret if they weren't ashamed of it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

One of the most damaging leaks in 30 years and "allegedly" the POTUS had never heard of it until the news broke it last Friday??

Either he's a complete incompetent boob who has surrounded himself with complete incompetent boobs, or both these fools are lying.

Or they're both lying fools. Yup. I think they're both lying fools. Obama and Holder that is.

edit on 5/15/2013 by this_is_who_we_are because: don't look at this tiny green printing

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

reply to post by jimmyx

Still Bushes fault I see!

Can you give one example of how ANY of these situations are the fault of Bush?

All you can do is come up with one name???? When is your president and his administration going to accept ANY responsibility???? Or can America live out 16 years with Bush being responsible and Obama just having a good time on his vacations????

Hmmmmm, is it Bushes fault that Obama and his family spends millions on vacations too?
edit on 15-5-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

what fault? I'm not assigning fault....I'm saying maybe it has to do with "in country" human assets in Yemen, working with the CIA, to kill Al-Qaeda terrorists....maybe the AP reporters got ahold of those names, or other identifying elements, and Holder is trying to keep it from becoming public, so NOT TO GET THOSE ASSETS KILLED.....I know this is so hard for anyone here to believe, but, it just MIGHT BE for the right reasons.....using KISS and OCCUMS RAZOR methods of logic.

Still Jimmy I've got this nagging feeling the admin can't trust the AP to hold off?
These guys should be given the benefit of the doubt for having the sense to keep
covers... I mean it at least seems a little different set of circumstances on surface
this time around than one loose cannon blowing off a wet one in church... and the
DOMINOES getting toppled. The AP crew had to be taking Valerie and Joe into
hard account this time anyway. And with the beehive erring toward caution, I can't
see it yet. On the other hand all I'm doing is waxing an invisible Wurlitzer anyway,
with nothing hard out there. "The biggest honey pot in 30 years, time to stock up"
Outreach: If Holder knew ops were compromised at all he should have got a
subpoena or at least a Patriot Act blanket...SOP. Then he could go for the throat,
but he and/or his didn't .Or was it just a reach-in to see what DOJ could GAW?

EDIT: After pulling through more of the thread, and with Occam still out I have to
start believing the compromised parties are stateside covering their own, or trying.
edit on 15-5-2013 by derfreebie because: later on, and backed up to the ranch

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
... but Wikileaks, that's illegal. This is just fine...

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
People thinking they are on some team is what the real problem is; if you own a multinational corporation worth billions then choose a side because that's the side politicians are on and listen too... average peon citizens and their opinions just get in the way of the political process and their dealings.

It's highly doubtful that major politicians are going to be tearing off their corporate sponsor patches off any time soon to replace it with an I heart citizens patch. BOTH sides are crooked and filled with career politicians looking to build fortune and empire off the working man's back, so wave your little flags shove political signs in your yard out front and slap it on your bumper sticker which one of these people screwing us all over screws you the best.

Back in the 80's the US government amassed an average of 30,000 tidbits of information a day that was deemed to be at top secret level... 30,000 a day, not a year... a day, let that just sink in for a minute. Government transparency? Ha yeah right... public health and safety is deemed more important than any constitutional right or your need to know. So hey deal with it because local level is the only place your vote counts for anything, if super pacs have their way... that vote won't count either.

Well, hmm 30 years ago what kind of crap could have went down at the end of the Vietnam war and the administration after? That's where people need to be looking for what Holder may be referring too, that started what is being suppressed or feared of getting out... crossing both party lines. Whatever it is, it has to be so politically damming... that the public knowing this information, would shake the populous more than any other political leak in the last 30 years... so it has to be huge.

Bear in mind; just because someone fly's a political affiliation, that does not mean they hold the ideals of such a label, but flying that label will get them to the station they wish too hold as a means to an end... get enough people in place sharing the same ideal under a false label, and that system has been under minded and taken over. This has happened in our political system... so my suggestion is to wake up; and realize no one cares which one of your boys screws you and the rest of us the best. The moral arguments making you pick sides is just a tool of obfuscation, causing people to argue among themselves tire each other out an overlook the real issues.

All moral laws are unconstitutional(separation of church and state), making them a talking/argument point among citizens is the biggest distraction of all, in the political realm. The preacher damning prostitution at the pulpit is most likely in a hotel room later paying for services garnered from the collection plate... it's the same with those in the political process. I hate to say it but anyone thinking there is a choice or someone in D.C. watching out for your concerns as a citizen... you're blind as a bat and the affiliation you hold so near and dear to your heart, is what allows you to over look what your man does and point the finger at the other so easily... when as said before BOTH are the problem, so wipe that crust on out and blink several times and start seeing things clearly.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

I appreciate your response and your effort to tell me what happened last year, but that doesn't jive with what I heard come out of Eric Holders mouth today at the hearing!!!

As I said earlier, right out of Holders mouth when asked the question, he blamed his deputy AG and NOT ONCE mentioned anything about the CIA........

The leak could have cost lives...if the AP hadn't held the story at the request of the whitehouse for a few days...this allowed the CIA/British Intelligence to give the undercover agents that had spent years infiltrating Al-Qaeda time to get the hell out of there before the story broke. The leak still could cost lives in the sense that we no longer have that operation which saved the lives of the passengers on that plane (the leak story) and future plots that might be foiled if those agents were still in place.

So the GOP were right to demand an investigation into the leaks by the FBI...the Adminstration agreed.

Holder appointed "independant" DOJ investigators and since Eric Holder was one of the folks that was aware of the operation...and theoretically could have been the leak...he "recused" himself from the investigation. Meaning they don't report into him on the ongoings etc. This is GOOD in an investigation.

So when you say he blamed his deputy AG...that is because Holder didn't have authority or knowledge of the records being supeoned...by design..and for good reason...I like an investigation that doesn't exclude the AG, just cuz he is the AG. The investigators don't report to him or seek authorization from him.

Does that clear it up?

edit on 16-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What makes you think he hadn't heard of the leak? LINK please?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

In the press conference with the British Prime Minister (Monday) he stated that the first time he heard of it was that previous Friday when it was mentioned in the news.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erongaricuaro
What administration since James Madison had nothing they wanted to hide? If they all called each other crooks that might be the only honest thing you would ever hear any of them say.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

True, but this is the most important one today since it is in control. Also it is funny to me that people suggest they are all crooked and even if that generization was true it is like saying a bank robber and a kid that steals a pack of sigs are the same. I think we are dealing more on the bank robber end of the scale with this administration than the other end of the scale.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

In the press conference with the British Prime Minister (Monday) he stated that the first time he heard of it was that previous Friday when it was mentioned in the news.

You are confused. This leak was discussed Ad Nueseum during the election. McCain and others demanding an investigation by the FBI etc.

You are likely talking about the IRS thing...where Obama knew there was an internal investigation on selective audits, but didn't know the "Tea Party" targeting bit until one of the docs from that Internal IRS investigation was leaked and hit the press. Which actually makes sense cuz that internal review wasn't set to be concluded and turned over to the WH admin for another few weeks.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
See...you state this...

Either he's a complete incompetent boob who has surrounded himself with complete incompetent boobs, or both these fools are lying

You forgot a 3rd option...that YOU are lieing or an "incompetent boob"?

I ask for a "LINK" and you state this...

No link...where in reality...

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, let me take the IRS situation first. I first learned about it from the same news reports that I think most people learned about this. I think it was on Friday. And this is pretty straightforward.

NOT the leaks...the IRS thing.....So you were completely wrong...yet got tons of stars..Obama-hate machine cheering on the "slam"....which is proven BS either through error or intent.

The irony here is that is the theme...Folks going nuts about every word the president says...screaming that he is a lair if he is not as accurate and simple as a vulcan..

And those same folks are guilty with every other post of actually "lieing to the people" to make thier case that the President lies.

What does that tell you?

By your own standard...you "lie" worse than the President. I put "lie" in qoutes, because I afford for the possibility that you simply were confused...a luxury never afforded to anyone with a (d) beside thier name.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You're right, I had Obama's statement confused with the Tea Party and Conservative groups being singled out by the IRS. But my original point remains, Jay Carney stated Tuesday at the White House press briefing that the President had no idea.

So again, if this is the worst leak in 30 years and the President has no idea about it or the seizure of phone records he's an incompetent boob and has surrounded himself with incompetent boobs.

But most likely that isn't the case. Most likely he is a liar and surrounds himself with fellow liars.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

You're right, I had Obama's statement confused with the Tea Party and Conservative groups being singled out by the IRS. But my original point remains, Jay Carney stated Tuesday at the White House press briefing that the President had no idea.

So again, if this is the worst leak in 30 years and the President has no idea about it or the seizure of phone records he's an incompetent boob and has surrounded himself with incompetent boobs.

But most likely that isn't the case. Most likely he is a liar and surrounds himself with fellow liars.

Still completely wrong...still making claims without links...

The President was intimately aware of the intelligence leak that squashed an operation to infiltrate Al-Qaida and potentially cost lives of agents and innocent Americans.

He was not aware of the Independant Investiagors pulling the phone records from the telecomm companies, either was the Attorney General.

Because ANYONE that was privey to the Classified Operation is a suspect and not allowed to monitor the investigation...that includes the AG, President, Head of CIA etc.

That is the way those investigations are run...independant investigators assigned.

So either you remain willfully confused or are being dishonest in a manner far worse than you inaccurately accuse the President of being???

Pull the transcripts for your claim..Carney or whatever...then tell me again that the President claimed he was unaware of the leak.

Frankley...the only incompetence and dishonesty I am seeing originates with you.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Well, oppsies. It came out just today that apparently the Treasury Secretary was informed in June '12 about the IG investigation of the IRS for indescriminatly targeting grassroots Tea Party groups, religious organizations, and individual Conservatives.

Remind me when Obama claimed to have first heard anything about this, my recollection is a bit fuzzy.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Wow I cleared this up days ago in another thread and totally killed the thread. For some reason, no one ever wants to hear the truth. Anyways you will find a couple of posts of mine with some good info here.

Eric Holder - AP Most Serious Leaks Ever Seen

Ok so here's the deal. Drumroll... The reason the leak was so grave, was that it exposed yet another Obama style cover-up.

The AP learned about a foiled terrorist plot on an airliner. The Gov asked them to hold off mentioning this for 5 days. On the day they were to release it, the gov said hold off again. On April 30th, the DHS announced that once again the Obama admin has kept the US free of terrorists activity.

On May 7th, the AP bravely leaked the truth, and exposed the Obama administration lies. So in a nutshell, the terrorist plot was just suppressed to make Obama look good, PRAVDA STYLE.. Does this sound similar to Benghazi? Well it should.

edit on 18-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join