It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: PressTV: Explosion rocks Turkish capital, casualties feared

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

A bomb blast has rocked the Turkish capital city, Ankara, with early reports indicating that there may be casualties.

www.presstv.ir...

Just seen the above and have looked everywhere and nothing in any of the mainstream news networks yet only PressTV.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

Is this a reliable source?

I don't know but it sounds scary!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It's Iranian State News....and while they are bias as all get out, they don't outright fabricate that I've ever seen.

I'd say this is more likely accurate than not. Especially given other events in recent days. Now...Who done it? Syria? FSA Rebels? PKK and the Kurds? Someone else just trying to stir the pot?

May the guessing begin! Oley!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks 4 the info.

Like u said the big question is who is responsible.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Not the IMF I hope ?

Didn't they just get paid off ?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My guess is the PKK or some type of deception tactic where they try and pin the blame on someone else, the possibilities are endless.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Agreed....

As much as some will want to cry Assad for every two bit attack to happen in Turkey? It makes no sense. Why would a nation state, not far from being engaged in open war with a monster for size like Turkey...play games about it?

One little slap could get the figurative return of a knock out punch by Mike Tyson for the trouble. If Syria, as a Government, hits Turkey in any way? I think we'll see a strike meant to count ...knowing it may be the only one they ever get. Just doesn't make sense... Who knows in that part of the world tho?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Didn't the Syrian rebels attack Turkey earlier this year? I recall something like that on ATS a month or two ago.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ANOTHER SOURCE:

Explosion rocks ANKARA, turkey
edit on 15-5-2013 by Jumadax because: nevermind it, source linked to the same in OP!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Since we throw Billions of Dollars at countries who are ready to react against terrorist attacks...(see Israel)...maybe it was turkey what done it....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So that makes 2 explosions within a week or so?
Yikes. Looks like Syria at war with Turkey.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'd go with the Kurds as those most likely responsible. I worked with some seriously pissed off Kurds in northern Iraq when I did my tour there. After Saddam, turkey was pretty much their biggest target.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
If it wasnt so serious, it'd be funny.

Its all unfolding like a movie script.

1) Bombing the other day just over the border with Turkey followed by this one.

2) Turkey annouces its debts been repayed to IMF/World Bank

Im thinking the IMF/World Bank needs countries in debt for control. If they are dent free they are no longer under their control. Therefore, Turkey is being recruited into the mid east conflict like it or not.

(A) Israel will take over all of Lebanon.....basically once and for all.
(B) Turkeys responsibility will be to overtake Syria
(C) USA will hit Iran

3 war theatres simultanuously.....powderkeg is about to blow.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It will turn out to be the Syrian Secret service...wanna bet?
Soon the tanks will roll forward into Syria from the Turkish border..

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I can't find anything about it on twitter

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
It was an explosion which took place while roadworks were being carried out i.e dynamites were used .
If there were any casualties , the press would be all over it . Therefore this was an accident related incident not a terrorist attack .

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

An explosion rocked the Hüseyingazi neighborhood of Ankara on Wednesday, sparking temporary panic among residents. Several ambulances were dispatched to the area and firefighters were sent to the site of the explosion. It later emerged that the blast was a controlled one, carried out in a military barracks as part of a drill.

source

Press TV say it was in the capital Ankara, but in fact it is 500km to the east of the capital.
edit on 16-5-2013 by bigyin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Here are some possibilities…

- Kurds for (already know reasons).

- Iran (for believing Turks may lease their airport to the Israeli for attacking Iranian nuclear sites also for threatening her ally Syrian government).

- Syrian rebels (blaming on Syrian’s government).

- Turkey’s own covert operations (blaming on Syrian’s government).

- Turkey’s own terrorist organisation (fishing). en.wikipedia.org...

- Moosad/CIA joint covert operations (creating pressure points in already tense situation as usual).

What can’t be is Syrian government or Hezbollah operation.

edit to add.

And as far as I concern it could be the devil work of PressTV, since they are reporting from another Turkish paper and there is no trace of the (Ankara bombing) in their web site.

www.todayszaman.com...

edit on 16-5-2013 by amkia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join