It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thieves force homeowner into closet, closet full of guns, suspect shot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
www.kfdm.com...

HOUSTON (AP) -- Houston police say a group of thieves broke into a house and forced a resident into a closet so they could ransack the place.

The closet chosen during the Tuesday afternoon home invasion was the one where the resident kept his guns.

Houston police Sgt. Jerri Brandon said the man, now armed, confronted the thieves and exchanged shots with them, wounding one and flushing all three from the home.

Well, what are the odds that would happen? Robbers break in, force the homeowner into a closet full of guns, and then the homeowner starts shooting at them.

Did the robbers not even think about checking the closet for weapons before they put him in there? This just goes to show, there are some pretty dumb criminals out there.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks for posting, I love hearing about citizens taking the situation in their own hands and reversing the tables on the criminals!

They are lucky they were pushed in the closet where they store their guns though, I'm glad the home owner had the courage to do something too.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

The odds are good considering he probably had a gun in every closet.

These robbers sound like candidates for America's Dumbest Criminals. 1. Robbing home while homeowners was there. 2. Giving homeowner weapons to defend himself. 3. Fleeing from one dude when there are three of you...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Originally posted by Ameilia

....3. Fleeing from one dude when there are three of you...

Maybe only 1 of them was armed. Even if the other 3 were also armed, that doesn't necessarily mean that they actually wanted to shoot someone.

I am kinda curious about what their actual plan was though. Most closets don't have locks.(especially not on the outside of the door).

You'd think they would've blocked the door with something: Couch, Table, Recliner, whatever....

Maybe they just said, "OK now you get in there, and stay there until we're done...mk?"

edit on 5/15/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh the irony! I expect to see this on an episode of World's Dumbest Criminals posthaste!

The criminals around here usually just rob houses during the daytime while people are away at work. Those idiots are a special kind of stupid!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Perfect material for "Worlds Dumbest Criminals: 2013". Thanks for the good laugh OP. Its late and that was the first one of the day.

MOTF!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Dumbasses!

How funny is that!?!

Karma @ it's best!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Where's all the gungrabbers saying there's no need for civilians to have guns? Of course we will never see this plastered all over the news because that doesn't fit the propaganda and agenda of the scumbag elite.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I wonder how many walls those bullets could go through?

In an apartment building, or a packed subdivision, a fire fight could have some serious collateral damage.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The gloriously stupid part of this story, is that it happened in Texas. Where lots of people if, not everyone has guns; it is pretty much a good bet that Any house you may break into may have a gun in it.
edit on 16-5-2013 by Moshpet because: 42

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Damn shame he didn't kill all of them.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

No - you're right - he should have stayed in the closet letting them ransack his home & hoping they wouldn't shoot him in the head on the way out since he'd seen their faces

That's always the best way to handle a situation like that - just roll over & hope it doesn't get any worse

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I read the title, clicked, S&F without any further reading. Rarely does a story headline make me LOL.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I guess the problem with this story is the man was relatively safe in his closet - if the robbers were going to harm him, surely they would have done so at the start?

He busted out and exchanged shots - he could easily have been killed, for what? The possessions in his home?

Surely the most sensible option would have been to arm himself but stay in the closet. Avoiding the risk of death, but also being in a great position if they attempted to harm him during the process.

I'm all for self defence, but was this guy acting in self defence?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Couple of points...

(1) I have attended plenty of hone invasions where the person was not killed until the end of the robbery. Either because some drugged up crim gets itching. Or they did not want to fire off a shot, then hang around to see if someone heard it.

(2) I think he had the right to defend his entire house. Not just the closet.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Unbelievable that some are suggesting that the victim/hero did anything wrong. Had there been any fatalities the blame goes 100% to the home invaders ... no matter what.
edit on 5/16/2013 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
reply to post by ExCommando

Couple of points...

(1) I have attended plenty of hone invasions where the person was not killed until the end of the robbery. Either because some drugged up crim gets itching. Or they did not want to fire off a shot, then hang around to see if someone heard it.

(2) I think he had the right to defend his entire house. Not just the closet.

Fair play - again, I'm not from the US, so I don't know what the statistics are.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedParrotHead
Unbelievable that some are suggesting that the victim/hero did anything wrong. Had there been any fatalities the blame goes 100% to the home invaders ... no matter what.
edit on 5/16/2013 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

Why is it unbelievable? Should we all just take information at face value and not offer opinions?

And here I was thinking free speech was a big thing in the US ... my bad.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
I guess the problem with this story is the man was relatively safe in his closet - if the robbers were going to harm him, surely they would have done so at the start?

He busted out and exchanged shots - he could easily have been killed, for what? The possessions in his home?

Surely the most sensible option would have been to arm himself but stay in the closet. Avoiding the risk of death, but also being in a great position if they attempted to harm him during the process.

I'm all for self defence, but was this guy acting in self defence?

Mate what would you do in said situation ? You've just had three guys bust into your private space force you into a cupboard at gunpoint ? Self defence is defending you and your space.

These guys got off lucky to be perfectly honest most people would have double tapped all three of them

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join