It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Jon Stewart blasts Obama on IRS scandal

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

In which the host of “The Daily Show” expresses pretty much my entire political philosophy after suddenly realizing, hey, maybe there’s something to this whole skepticism of the federal government thing.

hotair.com...

Even a broken clock is right twice a day, as much as I dislike Stewart can't really argue any of his points in the video.

All us 'tin foil' hats who believe that government is a cluster* can take vindication in Stewarts segment.

What many people have been saying all along pretty much any power government has given itself it has abused time, and time again,.

What's more interesting is the connection of the past events, and current debates on other topics

Watch the video. because the content is the topic.

“This has, in one seismic moment, shifted the burden of proof from the tin foil behatted to the government

I should feel insulted, but I'm not anyone who knows the 'benevolence' of government has never been a reality has been on the 'right' side of the issues.

What say you?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Jon is as left as they come but he's got integrity, he calls them like he sees em. I don't agree with everything he says but he's funny as hell and consistent in his views, that is always commendable.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
So now Jon Stewart is a credible source? I could have sworn I just read in other threads people saying he is "just a comedian" with his segment on Benghazi.

Jon Stewart doesn't pull punches and doesn't hold back laying into any hypocrisy he sees. However, you can't just cherry pick what you want to say he is credible on.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Obama supporters were using Jon Stewart as a source to back their position less than a week ago. I was on the thread and one who was attacked, using this very source as the basis of logic.

Given that? I'm not so picky about sourcing in this case, right at the moment. Something about turn about and notions of fair play come to mind.. lol.....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

I can't get the video from hotair.com, for some reason it's not available in my location...

Here is the video from YouTube for anyone having the same problem.

Cheers.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think Stewart is spot on in everything he talks about, including this.

I just think it is funny that some people will use him when it suits their needs, but dismiss him as a "comedian" if he is destroying their own beliefs.

link   
I am happy that people on both sides of the isle are questioning our leadership, In the end these issues will have an impact on all Americans.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Great video........the average liberals are waking up to the progressive filth scum bags that are supposed to representing them. The pendulum is about to swing. Progressive rule will always fail inside of America because of what the founding fathers gave us so many years ago........Thank you Jefferson,Adams,Washington,Franklin.
edit on 15-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by flobot
So now Jon Stewart is a credible source? I could have sworn I just read in other threads people saying he is "just a comedian" with his segment on Benghazi.

Jon Stewart doesn't pull punches and doesn't hold back laying into any hypocrisy he sees. However, you can't just cherry pick what you want to say he is credible on.

Next week they'll post an article from the Onion if it's bashing Obama and call it a "credible and reputable source"

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Jon Stewart is just a left wing commedian. He is NOT even handed in his political attacks even though the left likes to pretend he is. If Stewart is smacking Obama for the IRS scandal, then the writing is on the wall and it has to be sooooo big that even Stewart can't spin it into something nice for Obama. Otherwise, Stewart would still be serving the O-Koolaid.

edit on 5/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

Next week they'll post an article from the Onion if it's bashing Obama and call it a "credible and reputable source"

You can spin and deflect all you want the wheels are coming off.
The average liberal is going to wake up and in a hurry to all the progressive games being played. Just like the conservatives were played for fools at the hands of the progressives so have the liberals.
edit on 15-5-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I think Stewart is spot on in everything he talks about, including this.

I just think it is funny that some people will use him when it suits their needs, but dismiss him as a "comedian" if he is destroying their own beliefs.

Okay.. then let me be equally blunt. The man is an entertainer, comedian and political satirist. Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert. They both spin the news to bring the laughs and what skilled men they are at it. I'll never confuse them with delivering factual reports of news events though ....nor do they claim to, themselves. Always a good sign to follow.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Really need a 'credible' source that government has historically abused the power given to them?

Realllyyyyyyyyyyy?

Taken a good look at this country lately?

Hell even Axelrod, says 'government is so vast' it's elected leader doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Jon Stewart is just a left wing commedian. He is NOT even handed in his political attacks even though the left likes to pretend he is. If Stewart is smacking Obama for the IRS scandal, then the writing is on the wall and it has to be sooooo big that even Stewart can't spin it into something nice for Obama. Otherwise, Stewart would still be serving the O-Koolaid.

edit on 5/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Stewart has called out Obama numerous times.

Here, let me google that for you.

lmgtfy.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I love how people take Stewart seriously be it either liking him or hating him... A comedian... On a satire show...

He's consistent at one thing pointing out the absurdity of the entire system, both sides democrat or republican.

When they do something stupid Stewart will point it out, why? To inform? No to entertain.

It just so happens that we live in a time when both sides are pumping out so much BS that the daily show has become the most trusted source for news simply by covering all the madness in government.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Think this is relevant to this discussion:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can't be trusted.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

He wants you all to reject Stewart, and those who are critical of scandals.
edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Humans have been conditioned to attack those whom do not believe as they do!

I see the majority of humanity as being like the horses that I see towing the Amish into town in their buggies! The horses have blinders on so that they don't get spooked by the cars that pass them on the roads!

We are not that different when you think about it! Regardless what party you belong to, religion, race etc etc.... we have been conditioned with the same kind of blinders that the Amish horses wear!

My moral compass is based on the Constitution! After all, I am an American! Political parties mean nothing to me!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Think this is relevant to this discussion:

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Unfortunately, you've grown up hearing voices that incessantly warn of government as nothing more than some separate, sinister entity that's at the root of all our problems. Some of these same voices also do their best to gum up the works. They'll warn that tyranny always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices. Because what they suggest is that our brave, and creative, and unique experiment in self-rule is somehow just a sham with which we can't be trusted.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

He wants you all to reject Stewart, and those who are critical of scandals.
edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

What a sham, this country was built on open debate and dissenting opinion, the arguments and discussions, the opposing opinion are the fuel of a free and open society...

Guess we don't have one of those anymore.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

He said that before the last two scandals came out, and he think people will buy he 'knew nothing' ?

He knew.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Love Stewart.
And yep. hammer falls where it is deserved.

One thing that did make me curious though is that isn't the people loudly proclaiming screw taxes valid targets by the tax collectors? Is it truly a political move, or more of a lets get the people giving us the finger move?
Could be argued either way, but it is clearly a overreach of power regardless of the view.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join