It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elisa Lam's autopsy report to be announced this week: Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by TruthLover557

TruthLover557, I can only speak for myself, but I cannot hold you accountable for the failiures of the police to make good on thier announcement. You reported to the membership something that had been announced, something which you had every right to do, and which many of us would be grateful for. That the release of the details of the autopsy findings is yet to happen, is not a matter within your control, so do not feel bad about it.

I don't think it was necessesary to be so melodramatic... Lol.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The surveillance video of her in that elevator though... Damn, that creeps me out any time I think about it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamnotadoctor

I value your input Iamnotadoctor. However, melodrama was hardly my intention. I was merely attempting to show some support and understanding to truthlover557. Having the rug pulled out from under ones thread, by things outside ones own control is never an enjoyable expirience.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thank you, TrueBrit. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. This is one of two cases I've ever followed that appears to have been blacked out in the media. I wish a legitimate media source would pressure the police department for answers. I have no idea what it will take to get the police department to update the public on this case. The silence remains deeply troubling. I continue to look for new reports daily and hope we have answers some time in the near future. Will keep you posted.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I have a 21yo daughter,so this is very sad for me to watch-but i did watch the video;

And i have to say,being a fan of Asian,especially South Korean horror movies-this makes me think of something out of a SK/Jap horror movie.Certainly it appears she may have been hallucinating.I wonder what the hold-up is with the coroner's report?
Of course,whatever the coroner's office sees fit to release as a public statement may not be the true factual findings-or it may be.Very sad,that's all i can really say.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I doubt anyone has ill feelings towards the OP. lol.
I just want the report on the case. It's a really strange case. Very disturbing.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
But they are still no closer to the what and how .
She was obviously murdered .....
The while thing stinks ,and I feel so bad for her family .

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Im with you on that. The manner of her discovery, and one must assume, her death are clearly suspicious, and the delay in publishing her autopsy report merely heaps on further helpings of both mystery and concern.

The sooner that report is published, the sooner we can get down to figuring out what happened on the roof of that hotel.

Just to clarify, the reason I replied to the OP in the way that I did, was because I have been around here long enough to know that when a subject starts flapping in the wind, occasionally someone will start poking the member who posted the thread with the proverbial pointy stick, and it never serves any purpose. Thats all.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557
I have googled Elisa Lam's name every day for the last three months, primarily because so many questions remain unanswered. I don't know if the LAPD's report will answer these questions or not. From what I've seen, no new information has been discovered on this case since the beginning of March. A disturbing media black out surrounds this case.

I find this all very odd too. It is amazing that we have not heard one peep from the media in three countries. The coverage of the case has been troubling; the Canadian press was privy to info that has never been corrected here and they along with the Chinese were the only ones to even probe or ask questions. The CBC reported at the time of her autopsy that the LAPD called last minute to cancel an interview because higher ups instructed that they were no longer to speak on the case at all. WTH? I was suspecting media black out and you provide further confirmation that this is unprecedented.

Next question is why? All I can think is that they may think they know this is a homicide and anything they might release could compromise the investigation. Many "hints" were dropped by police that they have evidence it was foul play. Still, why can they not make a simple statement that it was homicide, accident, or undetermined. The autopsy is a matter of public record, so they cannot sit on it forever.

I wrote the original reporters of the case at the LA Times and received a polite reply informing me there was a coroner's back log in toxicology, and he would update as soon as they had anything. I waited and wrote again saying it was hard to believe that it could take nearly 5 months and mentioned how suspicious it was that all media reporting ceased within 2 days of her autopsy. This time I heard nothing.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conductor71

Originally posted by TruthLover557
I have googled Elisa Lam's name every day for the last three months, primarily because so many questions remain unanswered. I don't know if the LAPD's report will answer these questions or not. From what I've seen, no new information has been discovered on this case since the beginning of March. A disturbing media black out surrounds this case.

I wrote the original reporters of the case at the LA Times and received a polite reply informing me there was a coroner's back log in toxicology, and he would update as soon as they had anything. I waited and wrote again saying it was hard to believe that it could take nearly 5 months and mentioned how suspicious it was that all media reporting ceased within 2 days of her autopsy. This time I heard nothing.

If the police haven't been able to get any leads on what happened I'm surprised they haven't just made a statement of 'death by misadventure', or whatever...
Hopefully the silence is because they have been following important leads.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
So much darkness surrounds this event, say what you will.. but i cannot ever remember anything like this before, that was so very public, remember.. she was in that tank for a week or so.. by public, i don't mean media exposure.

On the surface, this seems like a mystery.. a "who did it" that had us running down rabbit holes for a few weeks, uncovering links to defense contractors, and other well placed red herrings.

But all the clues were given, the video, the *well to do* young man in a red suit.. the unnatural nature of the event.. where it took place, and most importantly the writing scrawled on the tank.

For me, this was like a sledgehammer event. Either the perp's knew their Voodoo Hoodo.. or this was a real "event" either way it reeks of occult, and that's why you wont get any closure any time soon.. that stuff has a way of just being a loose thread.. mystery.. whatever you want to peg it.. but it'll fade like so many things at that place do.. so many things.. IMO that building needs to be removed from time and space.

I do hope they come to some form of conclusion, for both her Family, and the LEO's and anyone else involved in the investigation.. this isn't something you want to be thinking about in your retirement.. closure of some form would be the best thing, but it'll be a lie, the truth... is just to sick to comprehend. and raises many more questions that many would prefer left unasked.

My theory is, they were hoping to find a cause in the toxicology, but it came back clean.. totally.. clean.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I've been searching all day but have not located her autopsy repot- anyone have more info?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

The original autopsy report failed to determine her cause of death. In February, the LAPD said additional autopsy and toxicology tests would be performed and results could be expected in 6-8 weeks. Well, more than 15 weeks have passed and everyone and their dog is still waiting. So you didn't find anything because nothing new is out there. If this frustrates you, you aren't alone.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
This entire case is a mystery. Her behavior in the elevator was strange. It seemed like she was on something to be frank. How she got onto the roof and into the water tank is also something that is mysterious. The door to the roof was locked at all times, and I believe that the tank had a lock on it as well (don't quote me on that). Surely the police should have rooted out the suspect by now?

Afterall, the only people with access to the key needed to get onto the roof, were the employees at the hotel. Why has so little info been released? And surely one of the security cameras caught something suspicious (aside from the elevator camera). So why are the cops being so tight-lipped?

One other thing that I found to be extremely odd was this. A few days prior to Elisa Lam arriving at her hotel, there was a TB outbreak in the area. The curious thing is...that the name of the test that determines whether or not someone has TB...is called LAM ELISA.

That's pretty damn creepy IMO.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Finally an update

m.huffpost.com...

Quote: the cause of death was, "accidental due to drowning, other significant conditions: bipolar disorder."

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Can someone please link me to a reliable medically related source stating that the TB diagnosis tool is called "Lam Elisa" because a simple google search only brings up a link with Elisa Lam and a conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Memenquay

For the record, that was a total shock.

I am not sure I can believe that bipolar disorder alone could have caused her to even access the tank, let alone seal herself inside in such a manner that she had to be cut out of the thing!

Somethings smelling a little ripe, and I am not talking about a water bloated corpse.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yuanshao101

Here:

www.biomedcentral.com...

www.mmrp.org...

cvi.asm.org...

clinicaltrials.gov...

These are a few different sources that mention it. You have to delve into Google a bit in order fo find them. Granted, a lot of the info went way above my head, but it's interesting nontheless. I'm also unsure of the validity of these sources, but they seem legit.
edit on 20-6-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

Interesting case. Just wanted to bump it.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Memenquay
Finally an update

m.huffpost.com...

Quote: the cause of death was, "accidental due to drowning, other significant conditions: bipolar disorder."

The LA County Coroner found evidence of the "other significant condition: bipolar disorder." during his autopsy?

Gee, I didn't know you could find physical evidence of that condition?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join