It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elisa Lam's autopsy report to be announced this week: Police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Finally, report on Elisa Lam's death

english.sina.com

The autopsy and toxicology test reports of Canadian student Elisa Lam, whose suspicious death in a LA hotel caused a stir earlier this year, will be announced this week, Los Angeles police said on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Many have been wondering what caused the death of 21-year-old Canadian student Elisa Lam, who was found months ago in the water tank above the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles. Today it was announced that the LAPD will finally issue a full autopsy and toxicology report to the public. I stopped holding my breath on this case a month ago, but today I'm on pins and needles again to hear what the LAPD has to say about what happened to this young woman.

english.sina.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5/16/2013 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit--Please use exact headling for BAN submissions

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

Ty for the update! I too was keeping an eye on the case, however got busy with other things (and topics - so much going on!!) looking forward to the results!
Some of the resident testimonies (that Diaz guy) were extremely disturbing.

S&F

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This one was pretty strange, video of her in the elevator just made her look like an oddball, but no real answers came from it, nor did they come from this update.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Oddball you say? Psychotropic intoxicants, say I !

Its pretty clear from the way she mucked about with the elevator buttons, her furtive behavior while in the lift, and the movement of her hands when she was wandering about outside the lift car, that she was under the influence of either some sort of naturally occuring mania, or off her chops on drugs. If drugs or heavy drink were involved, then the toxicology report for which people are waiting, should shed some light on matters.

It is a very interesting case though, and one which I have only recently heard about. I hear tell that they had to cut the tank in which she was eventually found, open, in order to access her corpse. That fact alone places this case in amongst the realms of the bizarre.

When the report is finally made, and available for public consumption, I should hope that some enterprising person will post it up here for us all to look at. I am sure that it would prove to be fascinating to read.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Finally! I was wondering if we would ever hear what came of this. Thanks OP!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
For those who haven't seen the entire 4:00+ min long video from inside the elevator...

www.youtube.com...

A lot of people say that hotel is haunted and that she might be 'possessed'... lol, okay.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Well, I will say this... This was the same hotel that the Original Night Stalker either started/ended his killing spree at. So there are definitely some bad vibes there.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I have googled Elisa Lam's name every day for the last three months, primarily because so many questions remain unanswered. I don't know if the LAPD's report will answer these questions or not. From what I've seen, no new information has been discovered on this case since the beginning of March. A disturbing media black out surrounds this case.

I'd like to point out that I found only one single story (my op) on the pending release of the coroner's report. I was a newspaper reporter for years and that fact alone is very strange to me. In addition, the full op story says the LAPD coroner claimed the investigation is ongoing and no suspicious clues have been found to date. However, the report expected for release will mark the conclusion of the Elisa Lam case. What a mixed message. So the investigation continues until they release the report, which contains no suspicious clues to how Elisa died???? The LAPD has one day left in the workweek to follow through with Monday's announcement. I hope we get to the bottom of this tomorrow but I have significant doubts.

For the record, I did email an inquiry about the status of the case to the LAPD a month ago, but I did not receive a response.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weavty1
For those who haven't seen the entire 4:00+ min long video from inside the elevator...

www.youtube.com...

A lot of people say that hotel is haunted and that she might be 'possessed'... lol, okay.

I found this reply in the comments right below that video.

ConspiracyRealmNews 2 months ago

"Bingo that is what happened. That was the killer on the other side... he was holding the button on her to stop the elevator from leaving. She looks scared $hit ! When those doors close it's over..maybe a hotel worker is the killier .."

edit on 16-5-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the video is strange, looks like she is talking to someone when she is outside the elivator, i think someone drugged her.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Thank you for the update. One of the more bizarre stories I followed this year. I was stuck on this one for about two weeks and finally tuned-out due to lack of follow-up evidence/articles/stories. Can't wait to hear the report.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Pretty weird video.... I remember hearing about her death, but didn't look into it. Seems very odd to say the least.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Thanks for the update. I was beginning to feel we weren't going to hear anymore of this.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I read an article a while back that said the hotel where she was found was notorious for housing serial killers. At least two serial killers lived there for a while. Seems like it's probably a sleazy joint. I haven't followed too closely but I have been curious why this young woman was there. Maybe she was abducted, but part of me thinks she might have had a wild side that got her into a bad situation.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Seems pretty certain that, in the state in which she was seen in the elavator, there is no way Elisa Lam could have accessed the top of those tanks herself. Also, if the discoverers of her corpse had to cut the tank open to retrieve her body, that suggests that the access/inspection hatch, located at the top of the tank, must have been sealed, perhaps welded shut. These inspection panels are supposed to be able to be opened or removed, so that inspections can be made of the quality of the water, and to ensure nothing has gotten inside the tank that shouldnt be.

So right away this ought to raise some suspicions about how it came to be so firmly closed that they had to cut the thing open. I have delved into a few other sites discussing this topic, and one of them appears to have a report from a person who would have been staying at the Cecil, during the time when Miss Lam's body was within the tank, previous to her discovery. A guest of the hostel part of the hotel, reported that they and thier brother had desired to see if there was a decent shot of the city from the rooftop area (which, it turned out, there was not). Access to the roof was suprisingly simple to gain, from an open window, to the fire escape, and up that ladder to the roof. Apparantly they gained a vantage point which would have put them, unwittingly, a few scant feet from Elisa's water bloated carcass.

Of course, this is unsubstantiated, and came from another site which discusses similar topics to this one, so I am loathed to link to it. But it seems plausible enough to me. However, those tanks are many feet tall, and accessing them would have been a bigger undertaking. Not something to be attempted without the assistance of a ladder, or a sturdy person on whose shoulders to stand. Certainly not something to be attempted solo by a wee slip of a girl like her.

Deeply troubling.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well, Friday came and went. The report was not released. This makes me sad. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. The announcement appeared to be legitimate. I'll definitely keep you posted with any new news on this case. Hope it comes soon.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthLover557
Well, Friday came and went. The report was not released. This makes me sad. Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up. The announcement appeared to be legitimate. I'll definitely keep you posted with any new news on this case. Hope it comes soon.

Still nothing....
How weird is this???!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I find it deeply troubling that the police have not released the autopsy findings despite the announcement you alluded to in your OP. Incidentally TruthLover557, I can only speak for myself, but I cannot hold you accountable for the failiures of the police to make good on thier announcement. You reported to the membership something that had been announced, something which you had every right to do, and which many of us would be grateful for. That the release of the details of the autopsy findings is yet to happen, is not a matter within your control, so do not feel bad about it.

When and if the autopsy results DO get released, I would be very interested to know however. This case is one of the most interesting I have heard of for some time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join