It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-16 Fires on Elementary School in New Jersey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The Jet was on a training run and was supposed to hit a target 3.5 mile away. The pilot was over flying the school on his way to the target range when he says the guns just went off. For some reason I just dont buy the malfunction excuse.

LITTLE EGG HARBOR, N.J. -- A National Guard F-16 fighter jet on a nighttime training mission strafed an elementary school with 25 rounds, authorities said Thursday. No one was injured.

The pilot of the single-seat jet was supposed to fire at a target on the ground 3-1/2 miles away from school, said Col. Brian Webster, commander of the 177th Fighter Wing of the New Jersey Air National Guard. He does not know what happened that led to the school getting shot up.

www.suntimes.com...

www.airforcetimes.com...

[edit on 5-11-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing this on I was looking yesterday for this news, I can not believe how in the heck something like this happend I mean how close are these target practice from the civilian population and in top of that a school for god sake.

Are our military so streched out that they are just training in a haste now.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Two other threads on this already.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Marg6043 Thanks for bringing this on I was looking yesterday for this news, I can not believe how in the heck something like this happend I mean how close are these target practice from the civilian population and in top of that a school for god sake.

Night training is a difficult undertaking to say the least. I remember several situations during my time in the military when I fired on friendly forces during night training. Now that was from the perspective of an infantryman. I can easily see how someone flying at super speeds, at night, at altitude could make that type of mistake. Thank God no one was hurt.

Are our military so streched out that they are just training in a haste now.

You kill me marg6043. I like the way you threw in that comment at the end concerning our military possibly being overextended. You always see everything in a negative light. Accidents happen during military training all the time, its a dangerous business. Try not to make quick assumptions on things that you know next to nothing about.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
Two other threads on this already.

Sorry Jonna, my bad. Do you have links to the other threads? If they were started before my thread I will close this one to be fair. Thanks...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Well machine I am glad you have served in the military as now I am ready to celebrate the marines birthday ball tonight see my husband is a gulf vet and served 22 years as a Marine, he also works for the government in a military base, and get what yes machine I can tell that our military is in trouble. They are pulling personnel from key areas to fill spaces in Iraq and they are also changing their MOS so they can fight in Iraq. And this personnel are already ready to retired with over 20 years in the services and also we have a friend that die in Iraq he was also ready to retired.

Pitifull

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Please carry the discussion over to one of the previously existing threads. Links below:

ATS - www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATSNN - www.abovetopsecret.com...

closing thread

new topics

top topics

join