It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder assigns blame for AP leak scandal. Points at Deputy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I'm confused. Why are they upset about a leak concerning a foiled plot involving an upgraded underwear bomb on an airplane?

U.S. officials have previously said in public testimony that the U.S. attorney in Washington is conducting a criminal investigation into who may have leaked information contained in a May 7, 2012, AP Story about a foiled terror plot.

The story disclosed details of a CIA operation in Yemen that stopped an al Qaeda plot in the spring of 2012 to detonate a bomb on an airplane bound for the United States.

Oh, I see... WH is pissed because they were scooped on the chance to spike the football...

Once officials said those concerns were allayed, the AP decided to disclose the plot Monday despite requests from the Obama administration to wait for an official announcement Tuesday.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Eric Holder points finger at his DEPUTY who secretly obtained journalist's phone records

What even happened to a leader being responsible for those who work under them?

At least two people in the wrong job. Guess the leaker gets a raise and new position doing nothing.

Edit:

Any word on who issued the subpoena for the records?
edit on 5/15/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Any word on who issued the subpoena for the records?

Holder blamed it on his Deputy AG! Then he said he didn't know about it! The question was asked and that was Holders answer........

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Could his deputy act as a judge and legally issue the request for records or did he get a subpoena from another person?

We are hearing that nothing illegal was done.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by neo96

I'm starting to REALLY want to know what this leak was about. Specifically and in some detail. I'm getting a very sinking, sick feeling I can guess at ....and God help us if it's one of a few things that really *SHOULD* stay secret, at least until these wars are over.

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd like to know what you think was leaked. I'd like to see a thread asking this very question as well. Maybe I missed a thread devoted to "What Was Leaked And Why Is It The Biggest Leak In Thirty Years?" What do you think it's all about.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Well, I'd like to see a thread like that too, to be honest. I have no intention of starting one, but the best of luck to whomever does.

I sincerely mean it when I say some things I suspect, as the best way to term it, are best left secret and without detail...let alone confirmation. Not forever, but until the wars are over. All wars end. These will to. Until that happens, instability within our nation is no different to that outcome than any time in our past. Enemies will seize on it and they'll exploit it to the maximum extent possible, in every way possible. We do, when it's reversed..and such are the way of things, right?

Now I could be talking about asteroids from the great beyond, mutated turtles with ninja like skills or some other disaster, yet to happen..and I see that isn't nice to leave it with. So, I'll say this much. I believe there are programs, as part of the U.S. War effort, which began in the weeks and months following 911. I believe these programs have and do operate domestically....and have from the first days to the current days. Little to no interruption by changing of Presidents.

If those, or similar things, were to be on the eve of disclosure and coming in an uncontrolled way? I do think the Government would do ANYTHING it took ....Constitution be damned to ask forgiveness later, if necessary..... to end that leak in it's tracks and without any game playing about it.

The Government CAN keep secrets and with brutal efficiency. It's just very rare to see one of the TRUE areas of secrecy come this close to public view ...whatever "this" turns out to really have been. I think it would take extraordinary threat for this extraordinary response tho. As much as I want to know? Perhaps it's still better we don't. At least not 100% certain? I just don't know.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I keep hearing Eric Holder say that he works with the FBI ... but haven't heard him mention any working relationship with the CIA during his Congressional grilling

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Holder said he had recused himself from the case because "I am a possessor of information eventually leaked."

He said he was unable to answer questions on the subpoenas and why the Justice Department failed to negotiate with the AP prior to the subpoenas, a standard practice.

news.yahoo.com...

I suspect that when it is over we still won't be told squat about the whole affair. It's not as if the USA belong to the people any more.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The White House thinks that they can let things blow over or possibly do a cover up with congressional investigations? They haven’t seen anything yet.

The 4th estate can be quite cruel when it’s their toes being stepped upon. Especially when many of them covered for this admin.

I still don’t see an impeachment, but I do see a massive shake up coming on soon. And here we are, with a lame duck president and still three years to go.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Frankly listening to HOlder on CSPAN today, trying to dance around the questions. TO be honest, he would not make the finals of "Dancing with the Congress".

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Honestly? Unless there is enough, Rock Solid, to proceed with? I don't want to see any time wasted by pursuing impeachment ideas. If it starts and fails? It will be what defines this while all eye focus on that failure...and by then, no one will even want to hear about others who need to answer for anything.

If it's a choice between the chance of a failed impeachment and Obama being left largely out of this...while every last one of those, personally responsible for each scandal are run from office and career position? I'll take the latter. After all, those career people were here before Obama. They'll be here after Obama. They need to be run out more than he does....in my humble bunny opinion.

* I'd imagine we might just agree on this, too.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
This site says this is who issued the subpoenas.

A spokesperson for US attorney Ronald Machen of the District of Columbia, who issued the subpoenas for the AP's phone records, told the AP that the Justice Department followed all laws and applicable procedures in this case. The spokesperson declined to comment further, citing an ongoing criminal investigation

www.theverge.com...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Found this on Wiki. This might add some insight into the issue of the AP subpoenas.

An administrative subpoena under U.S. law is a subpoena issued by a federal agency without prior judicial oversight. Critics claim that administrative subpoena authority is a violation of the Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution while proponents state that it provides a valuable investigative tool.

Administrative subpoenas have most commonly been issued by the Offices of the Inspector General of various federal agencies.

In 1996 Congress expanded the authority to issue the subpoenas to the Federal Bureau of Investigation when investigating health care fraud cases under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

More recently, the Department of Justice has attempted to expand administrative subpoena authority to terrorism investigations through amendments to the Patriot Act.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Eric Holder is such a complete dirtbag. Almost makes Anthony Gonzales look good.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join