It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder assigns blame for AP leak scandal. Points at Deputy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Eric Holder points finger at his DEPUTY who secretly obtained journalist's phone records as Obama is forced to say he has 'confidence' in the Attorney General

So reads the headline...in rather large bold print today.

Attorney General Eric Holder went on the defensive on Tuesday explaining why the Justice Department secretly obtained two months worth of reporters' telephone records in an 'unprecedented' search for a confidential source.

'This was a very serious leak and a very, very serious leak,' Holder said at a press conference explaining the department's actions which have been criticized for going against the constitutional right to a free press.
Source

I think my feelings can best be summed up with a short observation this time. No.. I'm not ill and no fever is racking the Bunny. There just isn't that much to say here....but what there is, is very meaningful IMO.

Followers and losers ...assign blame.

Leaders find problems to correct and solve, to move beyond the trouble.

We have a leadership of followers ...whether one looks to the President or not. The President isn't the man in this story, throwing his personal staff and direct subordinates under the bus so fast, they don't even have time to grasp what's happened to them.

Respect may be earned, and it takes a long time. It can be lost in the span of a press conference and whatever happens here, I think the A.G. has lost whatever shreds of it still remained from his own people, within his own house. Time for some hope that change of men will come to Justice.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
What leak?

What?

Plain as day the only problem the current administration/ Holder have with leaks is when they show the complete corruption of those people in power.

Same old song and dance here's the kicker:

If leaks were so 'dangerous' why the hell would an 'underling' be put in charge of something so serious?

Answer they wouldn't be.

I assign blame where it goes- on HOLDER.
edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Obama administration will not own up to their responsibility in anything, it is always pass the buck, deny and deflect. Even though they are caught red handed they still deny knowledge of any wrong doing.

With that said, they must be looked at one of two ways.

A.) What was promised to be the most transparent administration in American history is one of the most corrupt, deceitful and criminal the American people have ever seen.

B.) This administration is completely inept, incompetent and lacks even the basic skill set to solve any political and social problems, in which case, they should all step down immediately.

One of the two has to be true, so.... Which one is it?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I'm starting to REALLY want to know what this leak was about. Specifically and in some detail. I'm getting a very sinking, sick feeling I can guess at ....and God help us if it's one of a few things that really *SHOULD* stay secret, at least until these wars are over.

Regardless though? Constitutional rights and the very basis of the nation HE personally swore to uphold the laws of aren't negotiable to threat level of "leaks". Too damn bad if something got that far and it's HIS OWN house and the rest of Government he needs to be investigating and persecuting...not the media whose job is to do precisely what the AP did.

At least media USED to be in that business. Holder seems to have the attitude that Media is to tow a line within guidelines and can be seen as a potential enemy if they don't. That's 3rd world banana republic thinking, IMO.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
These guys have no honor. They throw people under the bus at will.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am watching the live hearing now and this so far sums up Holders responses.....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This fits the thread:

Axelrod: Government ‘So Vast,‘ Obama Can't Know About Wrongdoing

The government is simply too big for President Obama to keep track of all the wrongdoing taking place on his watch, his former senior adviser, David Axelrod, told MSNBC. “Part of being president is there’s so much beneath you that you can’t know because the government is so vast,” he explained.

www.nationalreview.com...

Seems quite a few people owe the last POTUS an 'apology' then if that's the case.

Come on now people be consistent !!!!!

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
So he is involved with the leaks but he doesn't know whats going on? I'm getting dizzy i need to lay down for a bit.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Originally posted by Helious
The Obama administration will not own up to their responsibility in anything, it is always pass the buck, deny and deflect. Even though they are caught red handed they still deny knowledge of any wrong doing.

With that said, they must be looked at one of two ways.

A.) What was promised to be the most transparent administration in American history is one of the most corrupt, deceitful and criminal the American people have ever seen.

B.) This administration is completely inept, incompetent and lacks even the basic skill set to solve any political and social problems, in which case, they should all step down immediately.

One of the two has to be true, so.... Which one is it?

Sadly, I believe it's a clear combination of both of the points you mentioned. As someone that staunchly supported the President up to reelection -

I now feel deeply betrayed by the broken promises and sickened by the entirely contradictory actions of what was promised to the American people.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This administration loves to play the blame game... Still waiting on Obama to some how connect Bush or Rush to this issue.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I just get a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach when I just heard Holder state to the House Reps, "...in the best interest of the people of the United States".....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Pretty sad, that this whole so called hearing was supposed to be about the AP debacle, but yet so far, every Democrat that has questioned Holder is asking questions about everything BUT the AP incident..............

Nadler from NY, slammed the Republicans, and didn't ask Holder 1 question about the AP????

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
They absolutely loved WIKI- LEAKS.

Now suddenly they don't like leaks too much.

Talk about inconsistency.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I'm not sure if it's for the same reasons..but yeah, so do I.

All politics and dirty tricking aside? What they appear to have done here is what I'll bet every President back to the days modern communication came to play in politics, wishes they could have done. Kill a story so totally and with such overwhelming 'stomp-power', it flat out DIED. Period. Like a Roach under a steel toe boot.

Such power.... Such success...and such INSANE risk. The media is going ape right now, as well they should. This would have been far far worse if the AP had just broken what they had and included the attempts to shut it down as a sidebar for it.

So... THAT much risk?! What was it all over? This gets into "Deep Impact" and 2012 movie levels of cover-up w/ action taken to enforce it. Not suggesting THAT level of secret, let alone the nature of the movie examples ...but that level of "HAS...TO...REMAIN...SECRET" at any cost, whatsoever.

What the hell are we seeing...but not seeing??

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Long way off from "the buck stops here" leadership...

The people WE have placed into power here in this country is despicable, from the house, senate and all the way up.

Americans need to take responsibility for our leadership and demand better.

I suspect ats is a user base of some of the most politically informed people, yet how many here have taken the time to write their reps and demand better?

If I didn't know better I'd think they where putting something in the water... Oh wait...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I suspect ats is a user base of some of the most politically informed people, yet how many here have taken the time to write their reps and demand better?

Once they are elected they are IN!!! Period! I have written many letters (emails) to my so called representatives and all I get back is some BS form letter that tells me in "political rhetoric" what they are doing for me! YET!!!! Not one letter I get back from them, (and yes, I check that I want a reply back when I send them my concern) actually addresses the topic of my original question!!!!

I'm sorry, but I have no faith in my government officials whatsoever! Voting is nothing more than an "illusion of choice" and before we elect them, they are "one of us", if we elect them, "they will do this and do that"! Yet when they get elected and we have the nerve to question them, they treat us as a nuisance and send us form letters that don't even address our original questions......

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
"Leak" ... yeah right.

The so called 'leak' is a bogus cover story for Holder.
Just like the supposed anti-muslim video was a cover for Benghazi.
Holder is a freak'n nazi.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by benrl

Once they are elected they are IN!!! Period! I have written many letters (emails) to my so called representatives and all I get back is some BS form letter that tells me in "political rhetoric" what they are doing for me! YET!!!! Not one letter I get back from them, (and yes, I check that I want a reply back when I send them my concern) actually addresses the topic of my original question!!!!

I'm sorry, but I have no faith in my government officials whatsoever! Voting is nothing more than an "illusion of choice" and before we elect them, they are "one of us", if we elect them, "they will do this and do that"! Yet when they get elected and we have the nerve to question them, they treat us as a nuisance and send us form letters that don't even address our original questions......

I write hand written letters on my companies letter head, I have a stack of blanks written out to each of my reps, local, state, and federal.

I can count on one hand the times I've gotten a real response, yet I keep up, why? Because it is my duty as a citizen of this republic to try and get my voice heard.

There are really only two options left after that fails to get your voice heard, run yourself... Well the other I won't type on an open forum...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I write hand written letters on my companies letter head, I have a stack of blanks written out to each of my reps, local, state, and federal.

I can count on one hand the times I've gotten a real response, yet I keep up, why? Because it is my duty as a citizen of this republic to try and get my voice heard.

There are really only two options left after that fails to get your voice heard, run yourself... Well the other I won't type on an open forum...

Well, I am unable to write by hand due to some kind of arthritis problem. However, did you notice the responses by our elected officials after the last letter scare?

They want emails!!! Of course I know why..........easier to track you down digitally. Also, I try to limit my complaints as to not be labeled as a terrorist! See where I am going here????

Were screwed! Once we elect them, they are better than us! Also, once we elect them, we can easily be criminalized by criticizing their actions.............

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The buck stops short at the DOJ......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join