It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Flares and YOU~ Can you feel it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

I'm glad you feel fine. Perhaps some or us have seen doctors. And had all the tests. And the ECGs even. And found nothing was wrong.
So go figure.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Under my tinfoil cap nothing from space effects me.. jk But oddly enough I did call in sick to work the last few days due to extreme anxiety which is unusual for me, I can usually handle that kind of thing, but I felt super scared and emotionally weak the last few days. I just figured it was my man period lol jk again. Interesting thread OP.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I don't know, it may have to do with solar flares or it might just be a coincidence...

Who knows...

How are you going to get a grip and control your emotional state?

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thank you everyone for the great responses. I feel the responses went the full spectrum from "Go to the Doctor" even better "Kids have been going crazy".

I would like to state I'm a very health concious person. I'm by no means a 100% healthy individual but I do mind my P's and Q's to make sure I stay fit.

I didn't know how far this thread would go after page 2 but I am very happy that I received more input

@~Manula, I've been itching to get back to the Gym and back in my routine, yesterday even though I only received 6hrs of sleep, (Was watching Jack Reacher with my Jenny) It was some of the best I had this week. So inadvertantly I am feeling re-energized and ready to get back in the swing of things.

Thanks again!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The last few days I have been so drunk exhausted that I couldn't keep my eyes open. But when I lay down all I get is sleep paralysis. ~IF~ I am able to fall asleep for a few minutes it is so fragmented and piss ant that I don't even feel that I fell asleep at all. Normally if my husband is home for the day and the kids are taken care of, I can sleep better during the day than I can at night. (In the past I have even considered night shift so I could have an excuse to sleep during the day instead of at night!)

Crazy dreams last few nights too. And I feel soooo freaking hot! Granted all this could be something else but it has only been for the last couple days that I have been so tired. Nothing about my daily schedule has changed so it is not like I am staying up extra late or getting up extra early.

Would be insane if it was due to the sun! Not discounting anything though. This is an awesome weird world we live on.

ETA: We don't live IN the world we live ON it... *sigh* I must have been a mole in my past life...
edit on 16-5-2013 by pslr2301 because: Changed last word from "in" to "on".

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here's another decent link about studies of the health effects of solar flares.. solar flares and human health research studies

To those who think we are either just sick, hypochondriacs, or insane, the symptoms in question do not affect the majority of the population. This is part of the reason I suspect potassium and the decay rate change theory. Potassium simply because it the radioactive element that we have the MOST of. Perhaps those who feel crappy during flares have low potassium levels to begin with, and due to the decay rate of this.particular element being sped up, maybe we r burning through more potassium than our bodies need us to? The symptoms of low potassium are similar to what some are describing. Its a thought anyway.

I am curious as to the changes possibly occurring within us as well, op. I believe there is definately something going on at a cellular level simply bcuz of the fact that elements such as potassium (lol I sound like a broken record) function on a cellular level and if the decay rate of these elements are effected, it will do SOMETHING to the normal processes to change them. I am trying to cross reference all the radioactive isotopes we have in the human body that would be effected and what would happen if they decay faster or slower (difficiencies?) than normal during flares. It is hard for me because I am not a physicist by any means so I have to learn as I go, just to understand what I am reading sometimes.

I will post whatever I can find, as I have the time to do so.. have a good day!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ConstantConfusion3

Outstanding! Thank you Constant!

A quick breakdown for those who have slow internet~

A Clear Health Correlation

Recent studies have shown a direct correlation between solar flare activity and human biological health effects. Interacting with the Earth’s magnetic field, systemic physiological episodes are activated, initiating profound emotional and behavioral mood swings. Also symptoms such as headaches, palpitations and general confusion can be precipitated by CMEs or Coronal Mass Ejections. These conditions can become especially acute during solar storms which then leads to a conflict in human emotions. The former head of the European Geosciences Society, Michael Rycroft states that 10 to 15% of the population maybe adversely affected by geomagnetic health problems.

Clinical Research

Prominent Russian scientist Alexander Chizhevsky researched the familiar 11 year sunspot cycle, and found an alarming rise in the incidences of social upheaval, revolutions and rebellions in 1913 a year of unprecedented violence. As magnetic fields intensified, there was also a corresponding rise of mass killing incidents.

The prestigious South African Psychiatry Review suggested a direct link between magnetic storms and suicide in a paper called: “The effect of geomagnetic storms on suicide” Data revealed altered neuron activity during magnetic field exposure along with pineal gland impairment crucial for circadian rhythm regulation.

Hospital Admissions

Clinical depression is not uncommon during periods of geomagnetic storms as a 1994 study suggested. In the British Journal of Psychiatry, documented cases showed as much as a 36 percent increase in the number of hospital admissions for depression related cases.

Other studies have revealed a significant relationship between solar flare activity and human consciousness. Psychological response may become imbalanced and impaired along with the central nervous system. Additional physiological effects may also include such symptoms as lethargy, exhaustion, nervousness, irritation, nausea and general anxiety.

The emission of photon waves can interfere with cellular redox modulation that may have a potential impact on organ health. This can result in higher cases of carcinogenic pathology episodes.

Solar Seasonal Peaks

Oleg Shumilov of the Institute of North Industrial Ecology Problems in Russia in a research documenting the Earth’s geomagnetic field from a period between 1948 to 1997, has found there are three seasonal peaks occurring annually from March to May, one in July, and finally another one in October. A notable match was detected in these geomagnetism peaks with the rise in numbers of bi-polar, depression and mood swing disorders.

In another New Scientist article, a correlation has been suggested between solar storms and pineal gland activity. Pronounced electromagnetic activity can produce abnormally high levels of melatonin in the gland inducing drowsiness and sleepiness.

Solar Flares and Their Effects Upon Human Behaviour and Health

Remedial Steps
A growing body of evidence is revealing that solar flares and geomagnetism have a significant impact on biological systems. This is especially true for persons that are already physically overstressed. Becoming aware of the earth’s geomagnetic energies can be a step toward mitigating some of these adverse symptoms. Understanding chronobiology or biological rhythms can address some of these geopathic issues. Proper nutrition, attitude and exercise are a time tested health regimen. This in turn can create the optimal conditions for rapid body healing.

Link provided by Constant!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here is another interesting link:

potassium functions and deficiency symptoms

Thank you for posting the articles for me, I am down to using my phone for this and it is proving quite frustrating!!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I've had a mild, very minor headache for nearly 6 days. My heart has occasionally murmured a tiny bit and has caused me very minor pain.

I'm a runner, and I haven't felt good enough to run during that span. Minor muscle aches, and a flu-like symptom altogether. My dreams have been especially vivid and even more so lucid than this entire year combined.

I haven't made the connection in my mind that the flares have anything to do with it. Maybe I'm getting cancer and dying. Oh well, at least an X20+ hasn't blasted off today. I'd much rather deal with a small headache and some muscle pain than to have to candle light my house for the next 10 years.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ConstantConfusion3

This was a very interesting read as well! Thanks again Constant!

Symptoms of Low Potassium
Potassium Deficiency Symptoms and Signs

Indeed, knowing the symptoms of low potassium can help you make informed decisions about your health.

However, before we delve into potassium deficiency symptoms, let's briefly discuss what it does to help us maintain vibrant heath.

Potassium is a mineral that harbors electrical properties when it is dissolved in the fluid part of the blood and, as such, it is classified as an electrolyte. It is a nutrient that is critical to life as it is required for the proper functioning of cells, including the cells of the heart muscle. It works closely with its cousin sodium - another electrolyte – in maintaining the body's proper balance of fluids and acid-base. More specifically, potassium controls the amount of fluid inside cells while its cousin sodium maintains the balance of fluid outside cells.

Potassium aids in proper muscle contraction and helps to keep the heart thumping regularly. It is also essential for conducting nerve impulses, aids in energy metabolism, and it even helps to maintain normal blood pressure. In fact, evidence suggests that diets high in potassium may help to protect against hypertension, strokes, and cardiovascular disease.

Lastly, potassium regulates the transfer of nutrients through cell membranes, but this function has been shown to decrease with age.

The following are potassium deficiency symptoms and signs:

•Muscle Cramps
•Muscle Fatigue and Weakness
•Irregular Heartbeat
•Fatigue
•Mental Confusion
•Irritability
•Abnormally Dry Skin
•Insatiable Thirst
•Chills
•Depression
•Nausea and Vomiting
•Nervousness
•Insomnia
•Diarrhea
•Low Blood Pressure
•Periodic Headaches
•Salt Retention
•Constipation
•High Cholesterol Levels
•Glucose Intolerance
•Impaired Growth
•Edema
•Extreme cases, cardiac arrest

Who's at Risk?

The following people should pay very close attention to their potassium levels and be aware of potassium deficiency symptoms. Some of the causes of potassium deficiency include:

•Certain diuretics
•Long-term therapy with corticosteroids and adrenal hormones
•High sodium diets and low in fruits and vegetables
•Prolonged fasting
•Bizarre diets
•Seniors
•Excessive intake of licorice over prolonged periods
•Excessive intake of carbenoxolone
•Profuse sweating over a period of several days can reduce stores of potassium
•Excessive use of laxatives

Symptoms of Low Potassium: Health Conditions at Risk?

The following health conditions can cause a potassium deficiency. As such, one should also be aware of potassium deficiency symptoms.

•Anorexia
•Nervosa
•Alcoholism
•Malnutrition
•Cystic Fibrosis
•Kidney Disease
•Heart Disease
•Diabetes
•Cushing’s Syndrome
•Surgical Operations Involving the Bowel
•Extensive Burns and Injuries
•Chronic Diarrhea
•Persistent Vomiting
•Influenza
•Chronic Respiratory Failure
•Anemia
•Ulcerative Colitis
•Inflammatory Bowel Disease
•Excessive Excretion of Aldosterone

Should you be concerned about the symptoms of low potassium, it's important that you consult with a qualified health care provider.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Definitely antsy.
Very anxious and grumpy, as my political foes on ATS
will attest. I really do believe it's at least in part, the X class Solar Flares.
And I know that sounds woo woo and non scientific . But that Sun of ours
is huge and we are these tiny little parasites... so who knows.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

I couldn't agree more sealing, we are ants compared to the vastness to our solar system and Ameoba's compared to that ball of Plasma we are spinning around. To me it's not so woo woo and more to the fact I would like to see more studies on this. Though I'm no scientist so it's easy to discredit but I feel otherwise.

I feel that throught this thread there have been some uncanny similarities and sources that verify "Something" is affecting us and all sources are pointing at the potential of Solar Flares (CME) having an effect humans!

Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

i dont know if its related but my tinitus is really laud lately
anyone else?
edit on 16/5/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

Absolutely! Glad to help.
I'm thrilled someone did a thread about it
because its always been in the back of my mind.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
haven't had any of these syptoms listed, been a normal month for me, aside from my teeth getting pulled and my gums hurting from it. Otherwise not at all affected by whatever the sun is doing up in that dark place called space.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Seasonal allergies can give you headaches, ear ringing, feeling brain foggy, etc. To see if that's the culprit try staying indoors (especially on windy days), put on an air cleaner and take some quercetin and generic, cheap claritin. If you feel better in a half hour it was probably allergies.

And yeah, I think something's up intermittently with sun flares also. We're also well into that band of more electromagnetically charged space now.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by sulaw

i dont know if its related but my tinitus is really laud lately
anyone else?
edit on 16/5/2013 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

Tinnitus. And definitely. I avoid all music now trying to get a handle on it. It reduces it but at night it can be pretty loud when I'm trying to sleep. I think ginkgo helps but I'm all out and can't really afford to buy more right now.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In my opinion if you didn't know the sunspots were occuring you wouldn't have the headache.

The fact that you have preconceived notion that it is possible to detect solar flares in your pineal gland biases your assessment of the reality in my OP.

It is true the pineal gland is visual light and poissibily some sort of energy sensor.

What I'm trying to say is that your own knowledge of the subject is a placebo giving you the symptoms you expect.

The second possibility is coincidence but that is a phenomenon that is impossible to talk about on ATS

You raise a good question, interesting.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Headache right now. (as usually)
It looks there's more than just stupid headaches but the light from monitor is killing me. Gotta read it tomorrow.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

It is a hard phenomenon to discuss... It's almost taboo... But what better way than via thread discussion. As long as we have honesty, we can document experiances during these times of active solar flares.

But like I said in my OP it's not the first time I heard of this nor (This part wasn't in it) the first time I started putting 2 and 2 together. It's only the first time I started digging and looking further for said coincidence? Or not?

I guess what I'm saying is that I just look forward to the feedback and delving into this further, as time progresses...

I don't see any harm in that. I like taking the good and bad and logically making deductions on any said topics.

Maybe we'll find out we are over-reacting but maybe we can find some "sort" of closure through our shared experiances. Even if it's just peace of mind....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join