It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Foreigner Nationals Caught Trespassing at large Boston Reservoir.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Searched ATS and didn't find anything about this. At least the police were doing their job. The suspicious thing to me is their excuse for being there. The men are "chemical engineering grads" and were looking at the reservoir for "career and educational interests". Why not say they wanted to go skinny dipping with their two women friends?

Source

The FBI and state police are investigating seven people — from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Singapore — who were allegedly found inside the confines of the Quabbin Reservoir's watershed area shortly after midnight Tuesday, state police said.

Trooper Adam LeBlanc was on patrol at 12:30 a.m. when he noticed two vehicles parked on Route 9 near the middle entrance to the Quabbin and stopped to investigate. He saw five men and two women, who he said he later learned were from Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Singapore, emerging from the woods headed to the vehicles.

State police spokesman David Procopio said the “young adults” told police they had stopped to look at the reservoir because it was of interest to them. The men told police they are chemical engineers and had graduated from the nearby University of Massachusetts at Amherst.

All seven will be summoned to Eastern Hampshire District Court in Belchertown, where they will face trespassing charges. Their names will not be released until they are formally charged, state police said.

They had addresses in Amherst, Cambridge, Sunderland, Northampton and New York City, police said, adding that their citizenship status was unknown.

Because area water supplies are a potential target for terrorism, state police who patrol watershed areas are always on heightened alert for suspicious activity, Mr. Procopio said. The Quabbin Reservoir provides drinking water to the Boston area. When it is full, it holds 412 billion gallons of water. The reservoir comprises 39 square miles and is surrounded by hundreds of acres of forest land.

Quabbin Park was closed for some time after the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and the roads atop the Goodnough Dike and Winsor Dam have been closed to motor vehicles since then. In the hours after the Boston Marathon bombing, the park was again closed but reopened the following day.

After finding the alleged trespassers, police were concerned and did extensive background checks on them using the Warrant Management System and International Criminal Police Organization. Information about the seven was provided to the state's Fusion Center, which helps police departments share information.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
wow... Those people are very passionate about what they studied for...

Don't tell me they were there for a school project or something "Good" at Midnight.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Maybe they were waiting for someone

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Muslims engaged in Jihad.

Detain, interrogate, deport.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mike_trivisonno

Stereotype much? And they at least did the thing all terrorist do that is tell them where they went to college and the degree they held. Time to turn off the tv not everyone from the ME is a terrorist.

Besides it sounds like it would be worth seeing.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

What do you make of it, though?

The typical reason for college aged kids being in such an area usually has to do with drinking/swimming/etc.

It is weird that they cited educational and career objectives as their reason for being there after midnight.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Not sure what kind of damage they could do at that dam.

goo.gl...

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by angryjaimen

It makes more sense if one realizes their "career" is Jihad and their "education" is received at the foot of their warlord prophet, Mohammed.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

If it's somehing that interests you,

would you choose to see it at 12:30am or 12:30pm?

Personally, I prefer to "see" what interests me in the light of day.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Sober analysis based on historical fact.

Beside, the muslim jihadis don't need your apologies or your support in the propagation of their culture...just your submission or your life.

edit on 15-5-2013 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kituwa

Not me I find it looks best under a full moon.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by angryjaimen

What do you make of it, though?

The typical reason for college aged kids being in such an area usually has to do with drinking/swimming/etc.

It is weird that they cited educational and career objectives as their reason for being there after midnight.

Let's hear the line of questions the police asked them. Maybe that would be the reason why they said where they went to school.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Stereotype much? And they at least did the thing all terrorist do that is tell them where they went to college and the degree they held. Time to turn off the tv not everyone from the ME is a terrorist.

Besides it sounds like it would be worth seeing.

Regardless of their country of origin, they are still trespassing, at midnight, on a major source of water to the Boston area. They are college students, which should have enough intelligence to know if caught, it would look VERY damaging to them at this time in history.

You can't legislate stupid. They should be held, and charged with criminal trespass IMO.....and if it turns out they are here on student VISAs, those VISAs should be investigated and consideration for revocation for breaking the law.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
If they have ill intent such as pouring contaminants into the reservoir, they must be the most stupid and idiotic terrorist in the world.

There is not enough contaminants to contaminate that amount of water there, and no one drinks from the lake. The water is processed and goes through filtration and inspections at every stage before it arrives at the civilian's tap.

The concept of using reservoirs as a bio weapon had long been dumped. Only nuts think it is possible.

The only way possible is to bribe EVERYONE in the water supply chain. Unfortunately, that is not possible, as no secrets can be kept when it is to be shared by many. And worse of all, whatever contaminants placed in the water source will only affect limited people, and not mass casualties as terrorism often aspires to.

With CDC in operation, within weeks, the problem would have been licked, and those who suffered will go home well again. But hell awaits the water supply operators, as they will be stringed up to spill the beans on who the leaders are, and a drone awaits them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Sober analysis based on historical fact.

Beside, the muslim jihadis don't need your apologies or your support in the propagation of their culture...just your submission or your life.

edit on 15-5-2013 by mike_trivisonno because: (no reason given)

Our terms of sober must be different. This may be a surprise to you by Muslims are responsible for very little terrorism in America. But seeing how you are willing to show off your ignorance what was the purpose of their jihad? And you do understand not everyone from the ME is Muslim? Christians and Jews come from that area also.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Foreigners + Chemical graduates = obviously terrorist.

If its someone else, oh they just youngsters being youngsters.

Heck, i had to go to a larger river bank near my school with bunch of non-white friends to get water samples for my project, man glad Canada is somewhat colour-blind.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

There goal is not to contaminate the entire supply. There goal is to spread fear to the populace that there is something wrong with the water supply. The goal is terror. The goal is to make you question that the checks and balances can really protect you.

And in the grand scheme of things, every single drop of water is not tested. Representative samples are done. If the water supply was tainted in some way, somebody would get sick and/or die before they found the problem. Maybe not everyone, but some would. And as such, terror would ensue.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by Kituwa

Not me I find it looks best under a full moon.

Try to be serious here Buster

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
If they have ill intent such as pouring contaminants into the reservoir, they must be the most stupid and idiotic terrorist in the world.

There is not enough contaminants to contaminate that amount of water there, and no one drinks from the lake. The water is processed and goes through filtration and inspections at every stage before it arrives at the civilian's tap.

The concept of using reservoirs as a bio weapon had long been dumped. Only nuts think it is possible.

The only way possible is to bribe EVERYONE in the water supply chain. Unfortunately, that is not possible, as no secrets can be kept when it is to be shared by many. And worse of all, whatever contaminants placed in the water source will only affect limited people, and not mass casualties as terrorism often aspires to.

With CDC in operation, within weeks, the problem would have been licked, and those who suffered will go home well again. But hell awaits the water supply operators, as they will be stringed up to spill the beans on who the leaders are, and a drone awaits them.

I agree (I know how large the Quabbin is, I've been there many times) it's size precludes an effective release of poison into the drinking water supply. However, does that research include determining what would happen if you released a deadly toxin into the water, that kills off the fish/algae? Something that has visible affects, that news could film and splatter all over the airwaves. Which would begin to render the water in that area stagnant, with dead fish rotting and smelling in the wind. Even if done in a small area, and discovered, the "terror" felt by the population is more than enough to be successful (regardless of the assurances of filtration/purification).

This is what many folks don't understand with the goals of terrorism. Even a failure is a success if it instills fear and terror on the population. Deaths and injuries are a bonus in these scenarios.

If I were to be in that terrorist mindset, I would recruit sympathizers, in the country, with valid reasons to be there, to simply do this type of recon. If caught, it's not a big deal, they can usually get off with a warning or minimal punishment. If not caught, then that means it's vulnerable. The info is passed back and their "mission" completed, and they can feel like they" did their part" for "the cause".

Am I saying these particular people did it for these reasons? No, but an investigation is warranted IMO.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I find it strange that they were in the area where watch towers were when the DOD used to use the place for bombing practice.

www.masslive.com...

Circles mark bombing practice areas.

And I wonder how polluted the water already is with bombs still in the water?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join