It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Obama find out about scandals the same time we do??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't believe much more needs to be said. Obama is being portrayed over and over as if he is oblivious to every occurrence, as an attempt to save him from persecution and keep the American people calm. It's really sad watching everyone around him flailing and trying to deflect. How much lower can this administration go?

How is it that President Obama seems to find out about the scandals plaguing his administration at the same time as the rest of us? Doesn't he have people who are supposed to give him a little heads up?

huffpost

sad

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Because the details are often kept from the President for that very reason.

Presidents give broad outlines of what they want done and usually leave the actual work to their underlings, they don't have time to micro-manage every policy they want implemented.

Nixon didn't know about Watergate until the Post I believe broke the story. He then took over the cover-up for which he got in trouble but he knew nothing about the actual break-in.

Its doubtful Reagan knew about Iran-Contra, the specific details, until it made the news after which he was informed of what was going on and began to deny so its not uncommon for the man in charge to be clueless.

They are responsible for putting the people in place who implement their policies however so they don't get to escape all the blame. You put sinister people in charge and odds are that they are going to do sinister things.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Would you tell your boss that you messed up something so bad, if anyone found out his reputation would be destroyed? No, you wouldnt want to get fired. Im sure its no different in the government

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why, didn't you know? President's are just big oafs and morons who sit at the top of the food chain but never get to see the food being served below. Just ask them when something goes wrong! See? They never know anything about nothing.

Of course..if something goes right? They not only know ALL about it from the earliest day it was an idea in an incubator....they likely helped think it up themselves, from scratch!

They'll tell you both, with equal sincerity, and never even pause to consider the mutually exclusive nature of the situation. Nope... We're to listen, believe and Obey. Critical Thinking is a course in school we're to forget as soon as completing it for a grade on a sheet.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Why, didn't you know? President's are just big oafs and morons who sit at the top of the food chain but never get to see the food being served below. Just ask them when something goes wrong! See? They never know anything about nothing.

Of course..if something goes right? They not only know ALL about it from the earliest day it was an idea in an incubator....they likely helped think it up themselves, from scratch!

They'll tell you both, with equal sincerity, and never even pause to consider the mutually exclusive nature of the situation. Nope... We're to listen, believe and Obey. Critical Thinking is a course in school we're to forget as soon as completing it for a grade on a sheet.

Bravo, and well stated!!!

I think the deck of cards is slowly falling....

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

When you’re POTUS and you act as though you knew nothing about negative situations you run the risk of appearing detached and not in control. In a normal presidency the media would instantly call the POTUS out for things that happened on his watch and fry him if he acted as though he knew nothing. Obama can use this strategy because nobody in the MSM is really there to call him out. Instead the media and his party circle the wagons and blame others. The few who do are marginalized and beaten down.

The simple answer - Obama does know before us he just gets a free pass.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I like the responses so far but there is a specific answer I'm waiting for...

Ah hell, I'll just give it to ya!!

Q: Why does Obama find out about scandals the same time we do??

A: Because any moron can be president these days!

And we have 8 years of proof

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
Obama can use this strategy because nobody in the MSM is really there to call him out.

Have you not been paying attention?

PBS NEWSHOUR
Trio of Scandals Puts Obama, Holder in Hot Seat

Forbes
Obama's Benghazi Scandal Leads To A Rise In 'Ben Affleck Syndrome'

MSNBC
Obama administration tries to distance itself from scandals

I could go on, but quite frankly, I have better things to do today.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I will agree... We have 13+ years of proof, and counting.

In this case? Bush actually makes a good example. One of the most intelligent, well considered and strategic thinkers in modern American history ...... to ask some. After all, he pulled off a deception so global in nature, so total in success and so evil in outcome? The debate over it even having happened as a conspiracy plot is still raging over a decade later.

....on the other hand, he was so friggin stupid, it's amazing he could tie his own shoes every morning without a staffer assigned the task for the mentally challenged goober.

...both images, very much argued and fought over to portray the same man for the same period of years. In the end? Neither, entirely correct.....but close enough from either extreme, to muddy the waters so totally as to insure we never know where the truth came in-between.

Obama just carries the tradition and builds on it, with his own special sauce of fail.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Actually just in terms of intelligence, Bush is considered among the top. Other very intelligent Presidents have included Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter.

However, intelligence doesn't necessarily equate to governing well, as history shows us.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by seabag
Obama can use this strategy because nobody in the MSM is really there to call him out.

Have you not been paying attention?

PBS NEWSHOUR
Trio of Scandals Puts Obama, Holder in Hot Seat

Forbes
Obama's Benghazi Scandal Leads To A Rise In 'Ben Affleck Syndrome'

MSNBC
Obama administration tries to distance itself from scandals

I could go on, but quite frankly, I have better things to do today.

Well it's about damned time, huh? He got a pass for 5 years!!

This will only work when you have everyone on your team. Apparently the team is fracturing.

GOOD!

edit on 15-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Bahhh... My personal take has never been of real high respect for Bush in mental ability. He was an aggressive, simply minded cowboy and reactionary. Stick a shiny object in his field of view and he focused on the new toy while others finished with the old one.

I don't know that Obama is any better......but then, the main point is that they claim to have been ignorant of everything which is bad. I still have vague recollection of the endless hearings on Iran/Contra which were, in the end, about wether President Reagan knew or not. Anyone who thinks that man didn't know, needs counseling and then some real intense classes on human nature vs. political function.

Bush (Cheney...to be honest), Obama and even Reagan...are micro-managers and authoritarian to the core. It isn't about whether someone would tell the President of their screw up. It's whether they would DARE fail to tell him ...and then just hope hope hope...it never comes out. These men tend to utterly destroy what isn't loyal and makes them look bad...

It tells me, the little people beneath them wouldn't even consider "great things" that could become "bad things" without the boss knowing...lest THEY join the list of "dead things".

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Oh I get it, the one time all 3 stories were finally made to big to be ignored by the MSM, they get the credit like they had anything to do with them?

They have been ignoring everything about this guy for years, and only when it is obvious how bad he is, by reporting in the alt news media, and soo many know it is not possible to ignore it anymore and maintain any credibility at all, now they get to act as though they are on our side?

ATS alone has been running multiple stories about this stuff for weeks or months, depending on which story your talking about, yet reporters with limitless resources and no other job in the world to do, don't see it?

I am not buying it.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Q: Why does Obama find out about scandals the same time we do??

A: Because any moron can be president these days!

I don’t think any of our former presidents were morons, nor do I think our current one is. They are all crafty in their own way.

Misguided?

Deceitful?

Narcissistic?

Corrupt?

Moron?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Bahhh... My personal take has never been of real high respect for Bush in mental ability. He was an aggressive, simply minded cowboy and reactionary. Stick a shiny object in his field of view and he focused on the new toy while others finished with the old one.

I don't know that Obama is any better......but then, the main point is that they claim to have been ignorant of everything which is bad. I still have vague recollection of the endless hearings on Iran/Contra which were, in the end, about wether President Reagan knew or not. Anyone who thinks that man didn't know, needs counseling and then some real intense classes on human nature vs. political function.

Bush (Cheney...to be honest), Obama and even Reagan...are micro-managers and authoritarian to the core. It isn't about whether someone would tell the President of their screw up. It's whether they would DARE fail to tell him ...and then just hope hope hope...it never comes out. These men tend to utterly destroy what isn't loyal and makes them look bad...

It tells me, the little people beneath them wouldn't even consider "great things" that could become "bad things" without the boss knowing...lest THEY join the list of "dead things".

Well from what researchers have been putting together about Bush, he was very intelligent. The man read at least a couple books, classics, every week, his conversations with people, and other indicators shows that he was a lot deeper than people give him credit for.

He was, according to his own words, a decision maker, not a planner. This is why he surrounded himself with people like Cheney and Rumsfeld. Bush didn't want to come up with the ideas or the plans, he wanted to be presented with options and make the decision. That probably was his downfall.

As for Iran-Contra its pretty much been decided that Ollie North dealt with Israel and Iran and that Reagan really didn't know about the funneling of money until after the story broke. He most certainly did try to hush it up though and make the issue go away.

We will probably never know exactly what these Presidents knew so this is all just theoretical really.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I agree with your impressions about bush, he was only an idiot if you believe the satire about him.

The man was obviously very smart, look at some of the things he did, and the people he surrounded himself with.

Yes most were dirty, but they retained "plausible deniablility" meaning they knew their stuff.

Obama, lol...look at who he has surrounded himself with, liers cheaters and killers all, and they aren't even smart enough to hide it well.

They remain free from criminal prosecution because of their contacts and the MSM carrying their bags for them.

If any of these guys worked for bush, they would have been nailed to a wall, and crucified on TV daily, and a federal judge would have thrown the book at them.

Just my take.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

You and I ought to do a formal debate ..ATS formal... on this general topic sometime. You and I both have the knowledge by education (self and/or otherwise) with the energy to fill in whatever else is lacking ..to make a real barn burner of a debate all the way around.

I'm thinking the general thread about how they all claim to be dumb as posts when bad news comes calling is something we can agree on though. It's been a long long time since I've seen any politician, particularly national level, admit to wrong doing or stupid decision making of any kind ...where they weren't busted, about to BE busted or the truth wasn't already common knowledge to all but them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Does anyone really buy the load of crap that he learns about it in the same manner as us???

Come on now.

His playing of the "Innocent Simpleton" is about the biggest joke ever portrayed.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
BE nice if people would actually discuss the current POTUS instead they always bring up the last one.

Obama doesn't find out about scandals the same time we do the guy is never responsible anything 'bad' his administration does.

Only when it shows 'how totally awesome he is'.

The guy is not stupid, not a moron, he knows exactly what he is doing his lackeys jobs is:

'Do whatever it takes to save the KING'.

They will throw anyone under the bus to save the king plenty of history for that for all to see.

The real morons?

Are those who fall on there swords for that 'king'.
edit on 15-5-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Moron - mild mental retardation. Come on... that's Bush

As for Obama, I'd have to see his sealed records for confirmation

But, with all due respect, I'm sticking with 'moron'

Seriously, the concept of being POTUS has become a complete joke.

<<   2 >>

join